It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN Asks Ron Paul To Drop Out & Endorse Romney Despite His Chances To Win

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Dr. Paul supports LIMITED government. Where do you get anarchy from that?
Well thought out, prudent laws which support the Constitution and the People!

Why do the Paul detractors assume if he won the election that he's going to close down D.C.?
What? Place border guards on the beltway and send everyone home?

No! Limited, constitutionally structured, for Liberty and Freedom. We are people afraid of being what made this country great? Have we all been so demoralized and desensitized and brain-washed to think that a step backwards could in no way be a leap forward for the ideas that our forefathers immortalized?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by fockewulf190

I'm fairly certain neither of us are psychic. On top of that, the past, which we can see, says third party candidates have almost no chance... Especially ones that never poll above 20% nationally.

Paul is a third tier candidate with a small number of very vocal supporters. He has no chance of winning the GOP primary and even less chance as a third party candidate.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

As the saying goes, "Those who ignore history are doomed to repeat it". So seeing as you have a moderate grasp of third party candidates' historically, perhaps the Paul campaign does as well, and are taking steps to ensure a different outcome this go around? Can you agree with that possibility?

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Paul is a third tier candidate with a small number of very vocal supporters. He has no chance of winning the GOP primary and even less chance as a third party candidate.

Is someone stating otherwise? Still doesn't mean I won't vote for him.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

If nothing happens between today and Election Day, such as Iran being attacked by Israel, or Europe doesn't self destruct taking the rest of the world's economies with it...then yes, Ron won't have a good chance and we end up with at least $20 trillion+ in debt and a worthless dollar by 2016.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by GoOfYFoOt

Unless you can outline what said steps are and show me some proof he's taking them then I'd find I hard to agree with that. It's hugely unlikely that he's gonna be a factor in the elections, except sucking votes from the other candidates.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious
reply to post by Gazrok

You might consider the roll the media plays in the impression you have.

Yea Gazok, it has absolutely nothing to do with your educated, well thought out positions at all.

You, I and the rest of the Ron Paul supporters are nothing more than knee jerk reactions and products of the media.

Go figure!

edit on 11-5-2012 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Paul doesn't say, "I want to hand over your country to big business," but he does believe the ludicrous nonsense Libertarians spew about business self-regulating and does believe in privatising almost every aspect of government and does believe in allowing business monopolies. What do think the outcome of those policies and beliefs would be? People like myself believe, based on history, that businesses can not self-regulate, that businsess will, if allowed to, completely take over government. Look at the state of America now, where big businesses write our laws and control our politicians. That's with some small regulation, but take thet away and you'll destroy American democracy. Allow monopolies and suddenly business no longer even vaguely self-regulates. Instead you end up with a broken economy and no democracy. That's why Chomsky calls US Libertarian unserious and simply a tool used by commercial concerns to limit taxation and weaken regulation.

Deregulation and monopolies would destroy democracy, history shows this to be true.

Paul is either wildly naive or he knows this and believes in what Ayn Rand believed in, which is a self-choosing elite who are justified in #ing over others. For the "greater good".

Of course even she eneded up on welfare... A system she fought to destroy.

US Libertarianism is a nightmare and not a form of governance the Founding Fathers would've supported. Many of them supported government welfare, tax payer funded education and regulating business, which they saw as a threat to democracy and America.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
All I know is, if Ron Paul pulls the republican nomination out of his ass, the looks on these pressittute's faces will be beyond epic. I mean, deer in the headlights, "oh #, we disrespected him, now we have to backtrack" epic. And if he actually wins..after all that disrespect heaped on him by media and pundits... That's their ASS. Cause Dr. Paul is gonna whup it

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
I posted earlier about CNBC asking him the same question a couple days ago. Here's the video:

video.cnbc.com...

Sorry, i'm not sure if I can embed using this particular video player.

EDIT: As you can see, he actually says he's still thinking about it.........
Still a chance he might go ahead and give Romney his endorsement. Fingers crossed that won't happen.
edit on 11-5-2012 by pinkplusfloyd because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by pinkplusfloyd

As this video shows, his only goal is to try and influence the platform. That's it.

Kudlow: what's the end game here? do you want to try to deny the mitt romney the nomination? do you want to exact some policy or political price for your endorsement? tell me the end game, sir.

Paul: well, i don't know the end game yet because the votes haven't been counted. no, my goal isn't a negative goal that, is to stop somebody. my goal is to do my very best and to galvanize the support i have. you do know we're having tremendous turnouts. we can get up to 4,000, 5,000, up to 8,000 people on campuses and they're very worried. i want to take that and make sure it's a positive policy. the more presence we have, the better chance we'll have to return to sound money and a more sensible foreign policy and maybe do something with this deficit one of these days.

No intention of trying to win the nomination.

Kudlow: I ask this question because in prior interviews you've said to me quite plainly you're not anticipating a third party run. is that still your point of view

Ron Paul: I don't have any plans for that.

He also again incorrectly states that the debt crisis is caused by central banks... something which is frankly delusional. You may not like the idea of banks devaluing currency as part of stimulus, but the debt crisis was caused by private bankers conning people and government policies that spurred borrowing... those two thing primarily created the debt bubble... not quantitive easing and not even artificially low interest rates.. had the derivitive markets been regulated, something Paul is against btw., the debt bubble would never have inflated... something he always seems to forget to mention...
edit on 11-5-2012 by captainnotsoobvious because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by DISINFORMANT
Wow.

Way to lower the bar for journalistic integrity, CNN.
No wonder people are fleeing from the MSM in droves, looking to the internet and to eachother for news rather than the spoonfed, pre-packaged opinions on the idiot box.
Thanks for sharing this, Hessling.

Nopes I don't believe people moving fast enough

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightsideAssassin
All I know is, if Ron Paul pulls the republican nomination out of his ass, the looks on these pressittute's faces will be beyond epic. I mean, deer in the headlights, "oh #, we disrespected him, now we have to backtrack" epic. And if he actually wins..after all that disrespect heaped on him by media and pundits... That's their ASS. Cause Dr. Paul is gonna whup it

Ohh just for that alone I wld subscribe to cable

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   

wait... so your saying this when all of what you've said is happening as we speak? Surely you have a lot to think about because the last time I checked, were suffering all of those problems AND the government is greatly involved. My friend, your claim makes me see that your the naive one when big government has yet to fix anything TODAY,.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GambitVII

Hardly. The problems I've described are primarily due to government working for businesses, not you. Ron Paul would accelerate that by allowing business free reign to control government.

So those problems wouldn't be solved, but made endlessly and possibly irreverably worse.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TsukiLunar
Right, I don't know where you get off calling me deluded, that was kind of rude, but I do not support Ron Paul because he is such a strict constitutionalists. Not only that, but he has the nerve to decide what is constitutional and what is not. That is not his place, but the place of SCOTUS.

You seem to think it would be best for America to operate off of whats in the constitution and nothing more. Thats fine, I disagree. I aint calling you deluded though, that would be rude.

I apologize for making a personal attack against you. I intended it in a more "editorial" context, but it was uncalled-for and inappropriate.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Can someone explain this to me:

Why hasn't Ron Paul come out stating "yes I'll run independent if I don't get the nomination". ?

Wouldn't this put the 'republican party' in a position where they either choose to back Paul 100% or literally forfeit? obviously they couldn't expect to have a chance at taking out Obama if Paul runs as an independent along side of Romney?

Think about how fractured the party is currently with Paul just running republican--consider how fractured and weak the party would become if he opted to run independent AGAINST Romney?

For the sake of argument, wouldn't these pro-Romney people; given a choice between Dr. Ron Paul and 4 more years of Obama, clearly opt for the Conservative republican(Paul) over the alternative(Obama) in any scenario?

From where I sit personally, I can tell you without hesitation that given the choice between Romney & Obama I'd rather have Obama in, Romney is a joke in every respect.

I can also tell you that the only vote I'll cast is a vote for Paul, or a vote to keep Romney out of the white house, and I'd rather not vote at all this election if it's already heading that way. but to each their own.

It seems like one little press release from Dr. Paul &...

Or am I missing some key concept? are TPTB seeking four more years of Obamanopoly?

I'm just asking some hypothetical questions here, I don't normally involve myself in politics, or discussions about politics.

Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by SulucOhmun

RP has addressed the issue about why he's not running as an Independent. His position is that he's always been a Republican, has been elected 12 times as a Republican, and self-identifies as a Republican. In his view, it's the majority of the GOP that has strayed from the ideological values of the party. It' also important to mention that he was never asked by the Independents to run as their candidate.

You do bring up a very good point regarding Paul supporters who will never back Romney. I addressed that very topic in my post on this thread (www.abovetopsecret.com...).
edit on 5/11/2012 by draco49 because: added new info

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Could she have said "Mitt Romney" more often?

CLEARLY there is a bias going on.....CLEARLY!

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Yes, they really do think we are stupid. The news actually had the audacity to have a bunch of their talking heads on empty suits discussing how they were going to "freeze Ron Paul out of the election", they stated their intention to not report or knowingly misreport events where a public murmer may be raised by Ron Paul, who as the aparatchiks told us from the weeks before campaign kickoff "Can't win".
Ron Paul can't win, was a phrase repeated by many supposedly politicaly savvy people...word for word.
Accident?
Well, who actually won the first evening out?
Why Dr. Ron Paul did.
You were told Romney won, then Santorum, why in the fantasy world of CNN Ron Paul was polling behind even Cute Newt, who certainly can't win. Newt had way too much backtrail....slimey too, sure that's a Newt and not a slug?
Did you see "winner" Santorums public appearance at a pizza place? Not even the usual crowd that comes in for pizza. You could hear the cheese hardening.
Did you see Ron Pauls public meeting? In an auditorium, that was packed with excited supporters.
You saw that a lot.
You know precinct bosses tried to throw numbers to the "chosen one" regardless of being shouted down by people who know they are entitled to observe the counting of votes?
Yeah, about that...lots of precinct bosses quitting and other unusual political realities are becoming very clear.
Ron Paul has been winning. There has been a conspiracy to defraud the American voter, it is clear and the guilty parties own words will indict them...hanging could come back into fashion.
Consider this.
International poll observers are going to be taking things very seriously this election, think flipping votes is going to work?
They are set to make a record of how the vote really went, and it is serious.
No need to even run Romney, he has a backtrail too, and he flip flops more than a bass hooked and landed green, Romney really needs a big red nose, a Carrot top wig, and a squirting flower...even grease paint would help.
Romney can't win.
Romney is all too obviously being propped up as "The Guy" for the Republican Party, but not here.
I'm an active Republican.
Nobody want's Romney.
Romney cannot beat Obama, Obama knows Romney's lies too well.
We know machine politics too well, neo cons were never conservatives.
How can one be a Neo (new style) Conservative?
Political conservatives do not feel a need to re-define themselves.
We were conservatives when we were Libertarians, we always voted Republican anyway.
Anybody that says Ron Paul is another "H. Ross Perot" is either an idiot or a liar.
Perot was not a political figure.
He was a little man with big ears and a lot of money.
Perot, little man, big money, bigger mouth, got told to sit down and shut up, so "The Russians were gonna kill my daughter." was Perots reason for withdrawing, actually it was "politicians know guys who will kill me about this split vote thing", and I'm just a little man with big ears and a set of testicals six sizes too small for an 11 year old, I'm returning to being a rich jerk now.
Texas is famous for fools...you saw Perry...they actually voted that guilo into office...what can you expect of a place where grown men are fond of dressing like little boys playing cowboy.
Anybody in a suit will get votes in texas, but if he's in cowboy drag, and Baptist? Even if his IQ is lower than Trayvon's blood pressure, they'll vote for him.
Unless he's Kinky Friedman of course.
Ron Paul has a 30 year backtrail, to steal a phrase, it's a Sendera Luminosa, or Shining Path.
Ron Paul doesn't flip flop.
Ron Paul is true to the only contract between we the people and any who would be serving the people by the power of our foundation documents.
If there is no Constitution, no Bill of Rights, there is no government.
Any who pass decrees under color of law which are contrary to our contract have broken faith with We The People, and must be deposed, "By Any Means Neccessary"-MalcomX.
Ron Paul has lived by the contract with the people, he has championed it.
Ron Paul is the only candidate who can most certainly beat Obama.
Ron Paul can crush Romney in debate.
Want to see the gloves come off?
Remember "tough guy" Perry trying to get up in Ron Pauls face?
Didn't work out for himn did it.
Ron Paul may not be physically imposing, but he's no coward, and he will stand up to anyone.
He will answer questions directly, no CNN talkbots need to translate what he says from politicianese.
Ron Paul says it clearly, and he says it without having to try to remember what he said before.
That is a very big indication that he is not a liar.
And he is going to win, as a republican.
I'm active at a state level and I am in touch with party members in positions that will make a very big difference between what Lame Steam Mudia is trying to force down your throat, and what will be seen to be happening.
It's your funeral MSM. Got Rope?

edit on 12-5-2012 by Luminaught because: Tin soldiers and Nixon coming, four dead in Ohio.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join