It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Mitt Romney’s prep school classmates recall pranks, but also troubling incidents

Washington Post

John Lauber, a soft-spoken new student one year behind Romney, was perpetually teased for his nonconformity and presumed homosexuality. Now he was walking around the all-boys school with bleached-blond hair that draped over one eye, and Romney wasn’t having it.

A few days later, Friedemann entered Stevens Hall off the school’s collegiate quad to find Romney marching out of his own room ahead of a prep school posse shouting about their plan to cut Lauber’s hair. Friedemann followed them to a nearby room where they came upon Lauber, tackled him and pinned him to the ground. As Lauber, his eyes filling with tears, screamed for help, Romney repeatedly clipped his hair with a pair of scissors.

Granted, this allegedly happened a long time ago, back in 1965. But still, if these accusations are true, one must question his morals. Of course, this is likely all part of a smear campaign, but there are multiple witnesses.
edit on 5/10/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: fix typos

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
hahahahahaha

Im sorry.

S-F
edit on 10-5-2012 by Common Good because: S-F

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Booooo!

1965?

I hope you dont mind when people start finding out about things Ron Paul did in the 1800's

I am a very different person than I was at school. I think most of us are.

Attacking Romney over his childhood is low. There is plenty to attack him on without resorting to this.

Edit- I took an educated guess on you being a 'Dr Paul' guy. I just checked your profile to make sure my assumption was correct. I was correct.

edit on 10-5-2012 by Germanicus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
As opposed to what Obama's past mates say about him? Oh. Right. None seem to exist.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Strange this story hits the headlines right after yesterday.

It could be true, but page two says Romney doesn't remember anything !!

Surprise.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
and ... so ? the guy lost some hair.
at least romney has made some memories w/ some folks.
more than you can say about aka (also known as) the current potus.

1965 was a very good year - just not exactly tolerant of socalled non conformists.

"Freedom is tolerance." RON PAUL
here some long hairs:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Germanicus
Booooo!

1965?

I hope you dont mind when people start finding out about things Ron Paul did in the 1800's

Attacking Romney over his childhood is low. There is plenty to attack him on without resorting to this.

Edit- I took an educated guess on you being a 'Dr Paul' guy. I just checked your profile to make sure my assumption was correct. I was correct.

Yes, I am. But my comments clearly state that this is from 1965 and that this is probably some sort of smear campaign. I posted this article because it is relevant to the election. And it's not like I'm hiding my support for Dr. Paul, it's in my signature for crying out loud. That's some "educated guess".
edit on 5/10/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousCitizen

Booooo!

1965?

Yes, I am. But my comments clearly state that this is from 1965 and that this is probably some sort of smear campaign. I posted this article because it is relevant to the election. And it's not like I'm hiding my support for Dr. Paul, it's in my signature for crying out loud. That's some "educated guess".

Its not relevant to anything. You posted this because you are a Ron Paul propagandist. At least be honest about it.

And I saw your signature but was confused by the /Napolitano bit. The judge that used to be on Fox News? I never know if most of you Paul supporters are for real or not.

And I associate low tactics with most Paul supporters.And most of you are hypocrites Thats what I based my guess on.

Edit- There is good propaganda and bad propaganda. This propaganda is very bad and counterproductive.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
It is troubling and it is certainly a smear campaign. I have screwed up plenty in my life and done a few thing I regret, certainly from my school days. However not one of those things involved attacking a kid because he or she was different. Although it happened in 1965 it does say "something" about his character, his treatment of others, and his ability to follow a mob mentality.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Its not relevant to anything. You posted this because you are a Ron Paul propagandist. At least be honest about it.

Sorry that you're confused by my motives. I posted because I thought it was both interesting and relevant. I place an importance on the character of the individual for whom I vote. And as I stated twice now, this is likely just a smear campaign and nothing may come out of it.

Read my entire signature. I'm definitely not a Romney basher. I'm an Obama basher.

edit: Why do you feel this is "bad propaganda"? What is that criteria? The time since this event allegedly occurred? The timing of its release? Its relevance? Its accuracy? I'll read your response, but personally, I am done responding to this.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

In think its bad propaganda because it says something about the poster. I didnt even read that trash but I assume its from some low dispicable liberal media outlet. Ron Paul fans need to be better.

I think one of Pauls biggest problem's is the integrity of his supporters. If the Paul base isnt careful the average voter will look at Paul supporters and think "wow,these guys are lunatics,lemmings and hypocrites and I dont want to be associated."

If Paul supporters saw an article about how Ron Paul cheated on his high school girlfriend that claimed he was a liar, the Paul cult would be outraged. Yet many of those same people would gladly promote similar tactics being used on Romney.

Also the Paul cult would refuse to believe that Ron Paul has ever done a bad thing in his long life. Most Paul supporters are enough to turn the average person away from Ron Paul and thats a shame since he is the best of a bad bunch.

Edit- yes,the Washington Post is liberal trash.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

In think its bad propaganda because it says something about the poster. I didnt even read that trash but I assume its from some low dispicable liberal media outlet.

Nice. Didnt even bother reading but thought enough to create a stong critique of the OP. I suppose that is how you get to almost 1000 posts in your first month of posting on this site. You have stated your uninformed position. Now move along.
edit on 10-5-2012 by underduck because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by underduck

In think its bad propaganda because it says something about the poster. I didnt even read that trash but I assume its from some low dispicable liberal media outlet.

Nice. Didnt even bother reading but thought enough to create a stong critique of the OP. I suppose that is how you get to almost 1000 posts in your first month of posting on this site. You have stated you uninformed position. Now move along.

I dont need to read the article to see what its about. What did I miss?

And people like you will lose Ron Paul the election. Good job

And Im uninformed am I? How is that? I have seen some of your posts and I can assure you I am more well read and informed than you.

Edit- I remember you from a Ron Paul thread where you were acting like a cult member in relation to Pauls intentions after he loses the GOP. You are exactly the kind of Paul supporter Im talking about. It is you and your ilk that are Ron Pauls biggest problem.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Nice. Didnt even bother reading but thought enough to create a stong critique of the OP. I suppose that is how you get to almost 1000 posts in your first month of posting on this site. You have stated you uninformed position. Now move along.

And Im uninformed am I? How is that? I have seen some of your posts and I can assure you I am more well read and informed than you.

You can think whatever you like. On here you are just loud, abrasive, and annoying.

For the record I couldn't care less about losing Ron Paul the election. This thread has nothing to do with Ron Paul. It is about an odd event that happened in Romneys past. If you really want to knock the story as BS go and research the people who made the claim and whether or not they were in a position to see what they claim to have been witness to. Dont just jump on here and start to attack people for no other reason than to be confrontational.

I am done derailing this thread. Sorry OP.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

You can think whatever you like. On here you are just loud, abrasive, and annoying.

For the record I couldn't care less about losing Ron Paul the election. This thread has nothing to do with Ron Paul. It is about an odd event that happened in Romneys past. If you really want to knock the story as BS go and research the people who made the claim and whether or not they were in a position to see what they claim to have been witness to. Dont just jump on here and start to attack people for no other reason than to be confrontational.

I am done derailing this thread. Sorry OP.

This thread has everything to do with Ron Paul. A Ron Paul propagandist is smearing Romney with low tactics. I obviously want Paul to win so I hate to see Paul supporters acting so low on here.

And Im not simply being confrontational. I care about the American elections and I care that Paul supporters are turning people off Ron Paul.

And my post/star ratio is better than yours. You find me abrasive because I mostly only post if I have something new to add. And I am happy to voice an unpopular opinion. Would you rather I piggyback and parrot? That seems to be your style.And your star/post ratio isnt great for someone that does that.

On topic- The article and thread are low. And again,what did I miss?

Edit- And when do I say the story is BS? I said it is trash. It is trash. Its trash true or not.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
double post

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Germanicus

Who cares about star:post ratios? If I was concerned about what my peers thought of my opinions I wouldnt have ended up on ATS to begin with.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Latest update: Romney denies targeting classmates for being gay

Associated Press

Mitt Romney apologized Thursday for "stupid" high school pranks that may have gone too far and moved quickly to stamp out any notion that he bullied schoolmates because they were gay. His swift response reflected the Republican presidential candidate's recognition that his record on gay rights is under heightened scrutiny following President Barack Obama's embrace of gay marriage.

"I think it's important to be respectful in how we talk about our differences, but the fact is that's a significant difference in November," Ed Gillespie, a senior Romney adviser, said Thursday on MSNBC.

I just loved the timing of this (original) report.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

And my post/star ratio is better than yours.

That's awesome. I'll have to use that line sometime. Thanks, my friend!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
EDIT:

I'm glad to see this getting the attention it deserves.

His high school behavoir is absolutely part of who he is now.
edit on 10-5-2012 by v1rtu0s0 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join