It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul will not change a thing

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Before I get flamed by a horde of Ron Paul supporters, hear me out.

As we know, Ron Paul is the best candiate, for the people, instead of big business. Lets say he gets elected. Our country is immedietely improved and were all fat, rich and happy. But wait, the 4 years is now gone, and your left wondering what's going to happen next. Are you really going to take the gamble that there will be another Ron Paul clone. Maybe his son?

Doubt it. It's the system folks, it's rigged from the start. This country was founded by men that preached equal rights for all men while they had slaves in there backyards. They were also the ones that could only vote.

If you don't think the system is rigged, look at the 2000 election, or just plainly, look at this video. It's right in front of our faces and were not doing a damn thing. It's not the politicians people, it's the people. We elect our neighbors to make good laws, and to protect us. But, people will always be susceptible to corruption, that is why, the system will never work.

Ok, so the house is corrupt, at least we have the President to help us right? We have at least 2 parties that are completely different from each other right?

Wrong.

It's an illusion folks. The illusion of choice. You have no choice. Youi have no say in who get's elected. Take for example, the supermarket. You have the illusion of choice that you are getting food from different companies. When in reality, Monsanto owns all the agriculture that goes in there.

All of you are thinking in the short term, like most people do. Once Ron Paul is gone, you will only get another corporate puppet. And everything goes back to normal in a stroke of a pen.

That's why we cannot rely upon the system. The only reason why the rich rule the world is through us, plain and simple. We are the cause of electing these lairs. We are the cattle that they tax to gain mounds of money. Our only purpose in this Monetary policy, is to act as a human slave. This country is just one big Human Farm. We are not supposed to live like this folks.

There is a solution though, even if it is not perfect (nothing is) it's still better then the system we have today.

www.thevenusproject.com...

Thank you for reading this thread and I hope you gained something from it.

-Harry

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

So you would rather just roll over and die? When Ron Paul is elected it will show how one man can help bring down the system. The reason why things got to this state is because everybody stopped caring and now that they have again you bring out this rubbish? Show some faith mate.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Who is this Ron Paul of whom you speak? I'd think someone would have already mentioned this guy on ATS...

the system is screwed up, but not taking part in it is the reason that the system is so screwed up, if people actually took part, voted, and ENSURED their vote was recorded publicly (like some of the RP supporters) you could easily highlight the problems in the system and fix them.

but yeah, lets just assume every single person on earth is part of "the plan" and build a floating city on the ocean.

I really wish that zeitgeist guy would just drop dead.
edit on 10-5-2012 by phishyblankwaters because: Apparently I can no longer type the words I'm trying to. Thank you autocomplete :/

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Roll over and die? Did you not read the entire thread? The venus project is something to look at. What do you think is going to happen when Ron Paul dies. Will his family rule this country forever? Will there be another Ron Paul? Are you willing to take that gamble? Instead, we can make a society, where no one is ruled, where we are all free. Until then, you can keep electing leaders who you think will be dramatic changes to the system, but the system will always be there, and it will always be corrupt.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

Did you not watch the first video? That's my whole point, the people elect there fellow citizens, but then there leaders sell them out to corporations. Please watch the first video in whole.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Another thing, you said we can fix the system and so forth. It's the same way we had the perfect system in 1776. But then what happened? They started changing laws and trampling over the Constitution while no one spoke up. Yes Ron Paul can change it, but it can be overturned in a second. As long as there is money, there will always be corruption.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

I'm saying that he will change the culture within the government. I cannot see why people are constantly bashing him before he is in office. I am certain that he will do far better than any recent president. For your idea about the 'system' I believe it will not work due to the massive amount of infighting it would cause.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by BigBruddah

Yes, I'll admit, he is causing a global political awakening. Just in my recent post, in 1776 we had the perfect document, but it was burned and and overwritten with no contest. Just like Ron Paul can change a few things, they can easily be over turned. That is not something we should rely on.

I can't even comprehend why people like this present society. Go to work, sleep, eat, repeat. While the richer get richer, and the hungry get hungrier.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
no matter who you elect, it wont matter they are only there to fool you into believing you had a choice, the men behind the scene operates your country.

not hard to figure out honestly.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

That's exactly why the point is to inject the ideas of liberty and reason from the ground up. As the world turns, the paradigm eventually shifts.

More and more people are being born everyday. Thanks to the internet and a massive increase in global communication, more people are getting smarter and smarter; more people are getting more worried. People are getting less relaxed and more urgent. Forget the barbeque, let's go to hear Ron Paul speak. Forget the lake house, I'm going to become a delegate.

It's a world filled with corruption and evil. The more it pushes on us the more people will push back, I guess you could say America has just only recently realized for the first time in decades that it is supposed to be pushing back in order for the system to be fair. We are supposed to be opposing an abusive order. We are charged with that responsibility because of all that has been accomplished and fought for so that we could enjoy the life we do today.

Chaos is the nature of the people, unpredictable chaos. Order is meant to balance and prevent the strong from taking advantage of the weak, compensating victims of unethical behavior to offset the "survival of the fittest" mindset of humans. As we can see order can also become an abusive force all on its own, the key to a successful society is to strike the perfect balance between the two. We have way too much order, we need chaos (freedoms, liberty) and the world will once again progress as people become free to change its course as necessary.

Throughout history folks have been trying to pause the progress of humanity for the sake of retaining their own personal hold on it. Throughout history free men and woman have been breaking down barrier after barrier searching for that perfect utopia. That IS US!
edit on 10-5-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
I hear what your saying and I agree with most of it. Even IF he doesnt get the nomination, its still fun making Romney sweat and the other elite robots. But even if Ron couldnt change things, wouldnt you rather have a nice guy that honest and fair and atleast trying? Romney needs to quit before he gets majorly embarassed at the convention. Romney group is already trying to figure out which delegates will sit out. I dont think people understand what a revolution of millions looks like outside of the convention. Seriously, could you see Romney on a talk show? That would be weird.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I dont see a 76 year old changing his principles this late in life???

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

Thank you for your post. Yes indeed Ron Paul is a rare occurrence. But we really have to look at what's causing Lobbyists, Private Military Arms companies, and Monopolies to sell out there fellow brethren for a buck. Money, as long as we have a ruling class, the poor will always be poor, and we will never be able to feed the whole world. Honestly I would rather live as an American Indian for 40 years, then live in this consumer farm.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Some have been noting the flaws for decades- just like the above vid of one lawmaker , many vote- and we the people for the most part see it, know it, or have known it for awhile and nothing get fixed or changed.
So when or how do we go about this change cause we were promised change last time and it seems it just changed for the worse.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Such a defeatist attitude is what keeps your country from changing. Every time something good comes along, Americans find a way to beat it down until it's something evil and decrepit.

You won't even give change a chance, you'd all rather sit there making sure the status quo stays the same.

You all claim you want change, that you want honest government, and all the other nice stuff that comes along with being a real country, but you don't want to put any work into it.

You'd like to be handed your freedom, you'd like somebody else to do all the hard work. That's the overall problem.

Americans are unwilling to band together and demand that they get their fair share.

Now I'm not saying that RP would be the all mighty changing force of American Politics, but he'd be a damn good start if you ask me.

It doesn't matter though, because America is afraid of change. We all know it would get worse before it got better, so it seems America would just rather have a bad country, then a worse one, followed by a good one.

~Tenth

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Read the entire thread. I don't have a negative look at everything. I'm just a realist, saying it as it is. I guess you can put your head in the sand and be a wishful optimist, whatever suits you. What happens 10 years after Ron Paul exactly? Everyone will be politically awakened? Generation after generation is brainwashed by the present Marxist school system. Yes of course this country is afraid of change, they just want to eat their McDonalds and watch American Idol.

And of course, lets say everyone is politically awakened, but as soon as they hear a lobbyist whisper in their ear to vote for a certain bill to get that new car, the system will NEVER change, even if we elect a Ron Paul every term.

No one seems to realize it yet, but money is the sole reason for all problems in this world, present and past.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kang69
reply to post by RSF77

Thank you for your post. Yes indeed Ron Paul is a rare occurrence. But we really have to look at what's causing Lobbyists, Private Military Arms companies, and Monopolies to sell out there fellow brethren for a buck. Money, as long as we have a ruling class, the poor will always be poor, and we will never be able to feed the whole world. Honestly I would rather live as an American Indian for 40 years, then live in this consumer farm.

Yea, but they are out of the shadows now. If they keep on keepin on imagine the utter discontent among people in 10 years? more, if that? You can't keep sending people off to fight a rich man's war, hold the biggest prison population filled up with non-violent "offenders" only there to fill up someone's pockets and siphoning money out of people with tricks forever. The end result is not good.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

They may be out of the shadows, but there will be a generation after generation just like them, with an obsession with money and power. Yeah, its hilarious how now there are Private Prisons who receive money from the Gov. for how many prisoners they have. Seriously, why are there not any more Ron Paul's? It's because the people are #ed! As long as we have this present monetary human farm consumer bs cycle, our fellow man will always sell each other out for the latest gadget and car.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Well... I hold the belief that monetary and entitlement systems are inherently incompatible with human nature (as it is). But it's the only tried and true way yet to get all these crazy people together and united, maybe in the future someone will come up with something better.

With that said, I've always liked PROUT theory.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RSF77

It may hold us together, but look who divided we are through social class, race etc.. I couldn't even imagine a Revolution in this country, we can barely band together now! The PROUT theory would be a great cure for this world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join