It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triple Helix DNA?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
have u heard of the hopi vision?

posted on Nov, 5 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   
i was reading earleir that u guys were talking about indigo kids well has any 1 heard of www.earthchangestv.net... ? i was listening to a very interesting programe that they have explaining that there could be a higher than normal ammount of phospherous in the body making them a indigo color with all this phospherous they would have to eat loads to get fat and loads just to stay alive were a normal man would be fat they would be able to utilze this have a higher iq because of all of the extra energy and become human power cells!

posted on Jan, 30 2005 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Tell me a little about what "hopi vision" is...

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 09:08 AM
link   
What I heard about indigo's years ago was that they are more psychic and that kind of thing, no-one ever actually claimed they are blue or a different colour to anyone else...........

I heard something about 3-strand DNA - about it having to do with immortality of the body. It could be that it is 3 sets of double helix DNA, the way in which genetics are braided can't really be viewed in-vivo, it tends to be in-vitro, and they do not look that way when they are actually inside your body, doing what they do.

Genetic immortality would be requiring that your DNA is checked (by itself I mean, using a process like what RNA uses to copy genes) so that there are no mutations and so forth, and that is basicly renews itself on a constant basis as required. Memory is most important.

posted on Feb, 2 2005 @ 10:55 AM
link   
"May want to check into the "chimera" condition. I'm currently looking at ways to get tested for this, as I have two official blood types, and possibly two DNA sequences. Unfortunately, this is usually only found when trying to be a donor, etc. and is hard to detect. There is no set rule as to what blood type I'll be at a given time, or body location, etc."

Not to contradict you, just about stuff that happens to me - I tend to find that when you go to the same place or same people and get conflicting info. on different days or times, it is because they are - insane. They seem to exist in a way whereby they are using your, or whoever is asking of them's, mind to arrive at the answers they will decide to give you.

Seriously, some people are so nuts that they don't actually know how to do their own jobs - they rely on some really weird stuff to tell them what to say to anyone, plus - the worst part being - they think that is an ok way to do things, and they also act as if it is something that you'll find out about when you become enlightened............as if we all have to become as inept and useless as they are.........

Some of them actually do this - they will 'scry' your future, to find out what they 'have already' told you. And that is how they make decisions. They look ahead to find out what the answer they gave was..........

"This is said to occur when twins are developing, but then one embryo absorbs the other's DNA and basically the two become one... So, if I turn out to be one, I'm basically my own twin...weird huh?"

Peter Cook quote, "Sadly, I was an only twin."

posted on Feb, 3 2005 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
I don't think tripple helix DNA is possible. DNA forms when two strands come together to form a ladder like shape. Each strand has a row of nucleotides that match up with the strand on the opposite side. A-T and C-G. They pair. That's how DNA forms, replicates, splits, forms new cells, etc. How would a 3rd strand fit into that equasion? Free floating? RNA would have to code for it, and the complete cellular makeup of a person with tripple helix DNA would be so different I doubt they would even be considered human, let alone survive as a living being.

Well... There could in theory be new amino-acids in RNA which forms to strands; Ie, B-GT for instance.

posted on Feb, 7 2005 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Isn't the double helix just the best-fit shape for the known components of DNA? I don't think anyone has ever actually seen DNA look like a double helix, the only way they can look at it means that it's structure is out of the environment where it does it's thing, so it cannot be seen it as it in fact looks.

Just as an 'I suppose so' - say if there were different molecules to C-G and A-T coding to make the body, and had extra availible electrons to bond - then there could be another helix - more than one depending on free electrons - wound around the outside where the double is said to be.

In any case, it's most fascinating how 4 different molecules that always come in pairs can make all animals and humans, as well as plants, bacteria, fungi, and viruses apparently. Arrange them one way - it's a monkey, arrange it another way - it's a cat, arrange it another way again - it's a budgie, and so forth.

Really?! All programs of computers also resolve to only 0 and 1 - but without the other stuff that came before, the binary has nowhere to code in.

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Intersting link

I tried finding more info on Dr Berrenda Fox, and one of the sites that google brought up stated that she falsified her research. That was the only one I found so far that says she lied. Pretty interesting read however.

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by duff beer dragon
Isn't the double helix just the best-fit shape for the known components of DNA? I don't think anyone has ever actually seen DNA look like a double helix, the only way they can look at it means that it's structure is out of the environment where it does it's thing, so it cannot be seen it as it in fact looks.

No, in fact they were taking the first photos of the structure back in the 1950's. So if there was a triple helix, we'd know about it.

Extra copies of genetic material almost always spell trouble for an organism. There are duploids (where something has a double set of chromosomes) but the DNA is still goodole double helix.

You're correct... there's only so many angles those chemical bonds can form.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Howard the Dolphin
I was talking with a co-worker and she mentioned hearing about infants being found with triple helix DNA...she didn't have anymore information than that. I was reading a thread a couple days ago that mentioned "Indigo People" of something who have been prophesized by Cayce (I believe) to be somewhat altered humans. In Cayce's prediction they should have started being born by now.

Or could this just be a genetic mutation?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Howard the Dolphin]

Shes wrong a third helix is an icomplete strand of DNA your friend needs to take 12 years of medical school.

Theres plenty of room in the existing strand to acomidate for extra nuclietide sequences.

What she should have said is the kids had a more complete strand now that might be possible.

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntelRetard
Indigo people are those born with 2 sets of DNA. It is a mixture of 2 people essentially. Very rare condition in which some appear with 2 types of skin color and even hair color.

google it

Two types of skin colour?

Err...skin colour has next to nothing to do with DNA. Skin pigmentation, will differ if people have lived in a set area for long enough time. It's why, two white parents can have a black child and two black parents can have a white child. [DNA for skin colour and every shade, is in every person.]

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 01:58 AM
link   
There are biophysical and evolutionary problems associated with DNA with a triple helix structure.

Calling on a well-accepted biophysical explanation for its impracticality, Linus Pauling's proposed structure placed the phophate backbone of DNA in the very center of this helix. At cellular pH, these phosphates would bear a negative charge. This many negative charges in such proximity would contain so much energy that it would literally blow the molecule apart. We don't know of any other proposed triple helix molecule of inheritance.

Moreover, DNA is the molecule of inheritance. In DNA replication, the two strands of the helices are unwound, duplicated, then distributed to the daughter cells in either a mitotic or meiotic fashion. Read about mitosis and meiosis on wikipedia if you're unfamiliar. The daughter cells ultimately receive the same double helices of DNA. A child is born when an egg cell (bearing double helical DNA) combines with a sperm cell (also containing double helical DNA). For a child to be born with a triple helix of DNA would mean that in some radically short period of time, the very foundations of how life is perpetuated through generations, a fact which is a culmination of billions of years of events, would change drastically. It's as unlikely as you sprouting a functional anus in your forehead as you sleep tonight.

There could be other models of a triple helix, but any such structure does not exist in the scientific conscious, so the only triple helix that anyone could probably be referring to is Linus Pauling's, and his was declared inviable in 1953 when Watson, Crick, and Franklin revealed the double helix.

Finally, anticipating the emergence of "indigo children" is extremely wishful. It isn't impossible, but it's still so unlikely that your hopes and dreams might better be spent studying and thinking about those things in life which are happening, and which are real. Science has taught us that this universe is filled with such fantastic stories if we are only willing to probe into them in a testable fashion, so that we know what we are thinking is true. As I said, indigo children may appear someday, but we have no way of testing this prediction scientifically. All we have are anecdotes and folk tales. As an entertainment, it's okay, but as a serious intellectual pursuit and investment of time, it's not so okay. Imagine living a life built around fairy tales, and dying having never actually touched upon reality. You might instead think about the idea that, as far as we can tell, our brains are the root of everything that has been described up to this point in time as Mind and Spirit. Suspend any disbelief and entertain the ramifications of that idea. Then try studying how it manages to do this. Then try imagining that there are other beings thinking the same thing somewhere infinitely far away. That's pretty cool.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Odium

Skin color has a lot to do with DNA. Everything, at least at first, arises out of DNA. It might change due to environmental conditions, but it starts with DNA. And in fact, there is a phenomenon called mosaicism which results in different cells in the body inheriting different combinations of DNA. It only happens in females, because the underlying mechanism is deactivation of one X-chromosome into what is called a Barr body in some fraction of the body's cells. When you see a cat with patches of different colored fur, it's mosaicism. I don't know that it happens in people.

Speaking to the original poster's statement that Indigo children have two sets of DNA, that's called polyploidism, and in human beings it most often results in a grave defect, if not death. Unless indigo children are severely mentally retarded, require artificial organ function, and need endless amounts of drugs, then this idea sounds too pseudo-scientific and fantastic.

posted on Oct, 8 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sonata

Originally posted by Howard the Dolphin
I was talking with a co-worker and she mentioned hearing about infants being found with triple helix DNA...she didn't have anymore information than that. I was reading a thread a couple days ago that mentioned "Indigo People" of something who have been prophesized by Cayce (I believe) to be somewhat altered humans. In Cayce's prediction they should have started being born by now.

Or could this just be a genetic mutation?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Howard the Dolphin]

Shes wrong a third helix is an icomplete strand of DNA your friend needs to take 12 years of medical school.

Theres plenty of room in the existing strand to acomidate for extra nuclietide sequences.

What she should have said is the kids had a more complete strand now that might be possible.

Twelve years of medical school? High school biology should be enough to debunk this.

And you're right about DNA as it is being sufficient to accommodate change. Moreover, with alternative splicing, the combinations of amino acids are endless. The limiting factor is evolution, which says that indigo children probably won't happen anytime soon, nor as suddenly as people would like to expect. What's more, their bodies would still be subject to the same laws of nature as ours. Nerve transmission speed couldn't be much faster, blood pumped much faster, oxygen exchanged much faster. There's a certain limit to how awesome these indigo children could theoretically be.

posted on Oct, 12 2007 @ 05:27 AM
link   
just as a completely theoretical idea (which I dont believe at all)
an interesting use of a third strand of dna would be a error checking strand: ie if any of the three strands contained different data sequences to another, then pick the two matching strands as the likely correct sequence, kind of like raid redundacy for dna data (or trigger apoptosis (sp))

this would help in stopping errors creeping in, since they would be caught and trigger apoptosis (sp) easier than with only two copies (the two sides of a normal dna strand).

also in copying, assuming some 3 way bond method, the third strand could be used to check each of the two separate copies produced when the dna is split and turned into two separate whole strands

of course I have no idea if a working chemical structure could be made with such a function (and apparently the only proposed one is impossible according to previous post).

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Triple helix DNA is only possible if the life form is carbon AND silicon based. This would intorduce 12 more base pair combonations, enough to make quad-helix DNA.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 03:52 PM
link   
According to one video from youtube, the crop circle reply about or dna and their alleged dna was that they were a triple helix.

www.youtube.com...

I think we can assume that our dna may have once been a triple helix and possibly why we now have these in a neutral or inactive and are attached to our two strands. I might wonder if this is true that we were actually from another star sytem or planet that this was common.

current.com...

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
As far as triple-stranded DNA in humans is concerned, it is not likely to occur.

There is only one known living thing that has been found that displays some sort of triple-stranded DNA. From Wikipedia.org's article on Triple-Stranded DNA:

Triple-stranded DNA was first described in 1957. It is known to occur in only one in vivo biological process: as an intermediate product during the action of the E. coli recombination enzyme RecA. Its role in that process is not understood.

Other than that, all other mentions of 3-strand DNA have been in science fiction, such as the 2005 TV series Threshold, which had a shape-shifting lifeform that infected humans through some sort of audio signal. Wikipedia article on the TV series: en.wikipedia.org...

It'd be interesting to know about this, since alien DNA may in theory be triple- or even quadruple-stranded, the latter being far more likely to be of exobiological importance.

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 01:48 PM
link   
consciousness i believe can also change human dna from double helix to triple helix and beyond

posted on Aug, 10 2008 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Thain Esh Kelch

maybe not survive in this lower dimension but a higher one

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join