It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Surviving Fukishima

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by amongus

amongus, wish I didnt have to say this but the only options may be for some to go underground and others into the cosmos. The effects on ALL here is what I have been considering. SnF good thread OP

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus

Originally posted by wrksstudios
Yep, Japan is screwed. They are just 2 stupid to admit it.

If my above scenario happened, humanity is screwed.......or are we?

humanity not just them, your correct amongus
. Thats the prob many are looking @ it as if its a contained issue smh thats denial of the worst kind WE ARE ALL IN THIS.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by UnixFE

it's sad that the measures you have described are beyond the remit of most folk.
there are no easy solutions even when filtration is present. filters need to be
changed and due to concentrations of radioisotopes within the filter medium, a
rigid protocol would have to be adhered to in order to avoid contamination from
the filter system. think of disposal of contaminated filters as well as the handling
factor. one could easily bring contamination into any safe area.

myself and a friend were caught out in the blackest rain cloud circa 1986, a number
of days after the pripyat incident (chernobyl). the rain sizzled, it burned my shoulders
like sunburn (t-shirt and shirt on) as well as said friend. scars went a few years later.

my heart goes out to anyone affected by this and whilst being aware of the media attention
(lack of) and respective government advice (lack of) my mind leans towards nature to
disburse and dilute this potential horror and mitigate the effects to their bare minimum.
this i can only wish for.

there is an ongoing thread i posted in a while back. it touched on deactivation of
radioisotopes mainly alpha and beta, having mass and thus attraction to magnetic
fields. whether by intentional capture or inadvertant proximity ie magnetic fields
surrounding sub stations down to electromagnetic fields in the home, i speculate on the possibility
that these fields could capture and accumulate radioisotopes to high levels.

i don't have a dosimeter myself although i would like to own one to satisfy this area in
question.

to all the members out there with detection equipment, have you power lines in your vicinity
and if so, have you attempted to measure any differences around the immediate area with comparions
in distance from the lines? just an idea and i don't think i have come across this suggestion
on the threads as of yet. if you get the urge to measure as per suggestion, please furnish the
results not just for curious fakedirt but the community as a whole.

best wishes all

fakedirt.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

just read your post. s 4 that.

way back, i researched radio-isotopic deactivation. i trawled the web looking at all manner of webites and links supplied. it seems this potential tech has been ignored in the mainstream. i feel there could be benefits as the
principles regarding attraction seem sound enough. the itch, maybe the collection housing and disposal of accumulated radioisotopes.
this begs the question, is it safer to concentrate the isotopes together whilst disposal is considered or is there
merit in global dilution/dispersal?

no easy answers along this road i suspect.

fakedirt.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by fakedirt

this begs the question, is it safer to concentrate the isotopes together whilst disposal is considered or is there
merit in global dilution/dispersal?

no easy answers along this road i suspect.

fakedirt.

I don't really think there is any safe way to dispose of radioactive material, plutonium being one of the worst. You can always send it into the sun, but then if your rocket blows up somewhere between the launch pad and a reasonable distance into space, well, we be pooched anyway. Equalized distribution globally as you mentioned just means that everyone gets a low level for a long period of time and since the damage is cumulative, well, again pooched anyway.

Of course we used to say this about PCB's as well, but Dr. Barden at Royal Military College built a plasma incinerator which actually destroyed the PCB's by reducing them to inert components. I was fortunate enough to be the developer of his analytical instruments.

There may be two ways of destroying radioactive material that might be somewhat safe. The first might be plasma reduction, it takes a fair bit of energy but the byproducts might be considered commodities which could be sold off to make up some of the costs. The second method would have to be adiabatic fusion, dropping the energy level to absolute zero to cause particle degeneracy so that the subsequent string entanglement would allow the recombination or separation of elements to produce inert matter. This second method makes its own energy as adiabatic reactors are breeder reactors and in some ways similar to the operation of a tokamak. I have an adiabatic reactor I designed and built in 1993 (NRC funded) which still works today. So I am quite familiar with BEC's, fusion and the entire process, but like any technology, they are a double edged sword.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

I wouldn't say too stupid,I think they are too proud
to admit it!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:55 AM
link   

hello dave
an interesting read regarding reduction and remediation. with so many low level as well as high level waste containment sites worldwide, the resources are already in bulk and increasing on a daily basis. seems it's up to the higher ups to pull their fingers out and get moving on a consensus to reduce this waste. it would be of benefit for them to at least have a serious feasibility study coupled with a test reactor/incinerator. way back when i looked into the radioisotopic-deactivation sites, i noticed patents and rights were being gathered by certain nuclear construction and facilities management concerns. it seemed a murky area once big business made it's presence known.
the science behind alpha and beta attraction to magnetic fields seems solid so i am wondering as to why so much silence from the industry. perhaps there is more revenue in monitoring and babysitting said waste in deep storage areas rather than the tricky excercise in handling for reduction.
could a working reactor/incinerator be designed to be mobile so at least the risk of transportation of waste is addressed?

best wishes fakedirt.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by fakedirt

It is an interesting document, I agree and it does bring to light the paramagnetic effects associated with plutonium. I actually used to use these effects when I designed a specialized O2 sensor back in the 80's. It is also interesting, your point that it seems monitoring waste is better than getting rid of it when it comes to the industry. The same applies to the medical industry, treat the symptom, don't provide a cure, there is no money in a cure. This whacked-out ideology appears globally prevalent when it comes to corporo-think.

Anything can be made transportable but with enough waste in one location, it might as well be stationary. I really haven't looked hard at recombination or plasma annihilation of fissile materials as I haven't really had the time or been contracted to do so. I am busy with making and selling countermeasures to EMF weapons systems ;-) We all have to make a living, until we can't, right?

I might over the summer throw some "fuel" from a few smoke detectors (americium 241 I think) into my reactor just to see what happens. I will of course do the "math" before hand to make sure I don't do something crazy, oh wait, I do that all the time LOL. I just won't turn on the plasma and keep the field speed down.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
Fukishima reactor #4 cooling pool is damaged beyond repair by an earthquake.

Well if you can get a Geiger counter, or rad sticker that you wear which changes color according to your exposure.

So there are 3 types of radiation. Alpha, which has a very short range. Lets say if its a dust particle like fallout, giving off alpha radiation a piece of paper will block it. But don't eat it. Which means you must wash off before entry and only eat and drink foods that do not contain actual particles.
Consume as little as possible contaminated foods. Take Norwegian kelp, it has iodine, and take pectin, it will remove heavy elements and contamination from your body. eg:pectin

So alpha radiation is strong vibrations that are coming from an atomic nucleus. That is radiated and vibrating at dangerous frequencies which will burn you inside or outside your body but it has a very short range.

So then Beta radiation is the vibrations of the electrons, that are around the nucleus, and so they can be stopped with a vinyl raincoat. And of course where there is alpha there is beta. So just plan for beta and alpha together.

Now if you were right there at Fukushima, alpha and beta would be serious. Since there is tons of it there.

But the amount that drifts to North America, is less dangerous. But it gets in the food chain. You might have to grow hydroponic food. Or at least have a green house. Even a plastic one.

So then gamma is the strongest wave. And that is what it is. It is a transverse wave. If you can think of a sound wave that travels its like that. Only very short wavelength, and very energetic. So it burns.
And not only that but it goes through lead. And it goes for miles before it is no longer dangerous.
But it is only dangerous near the source. Since it in itself has no atoms, no mass, its just like sun light.
So gamma is created by the vibrations of alpha and beta. SO if you are near Fukushima, gamma is the most dangerous for workers.
The heavier the particle, like plutonium, it will not drift far from the site.
Lighter elements do get aloft with smoke and will carry for a great distance. So detection is the key to survival.

In a real bad situation, you should procure a Brink's Truck, it has air filtration, and get an oxygen bottle, and some of that diving material to get rid of CO2. Sodasorb or similar.
So ok worse case scenario, you are in a closed truck, you are mobile, you can avoid fires and you have solid metal shelter. You better eat from cans, and filter your water. But if you had to, with an oxygen bottle and sodasorb, you can stay inside there in a completely closed space for a long time. Weeks even.

But you know you can go out, dump trash do whatever, but be sure you wash off before you get back in the truck or have a separate area to wash. If you do not take the situation extremely seriously right when the area is contaminated, you will die a horrible death. It would require eventually that people learned how to live in a poisoned environment.
For quite some time.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
SO thats the very basics. And what to do in the worst case scenario where all the pools everywhere are melting down, and reactors have shut down and the power has been out for weeks. And the cooling ponds are dry and on fire. Everywhere.

SO then is the raincoat good enough? Well it is the dust and dirt that is radioactive. SO you need to have an environment, that does not have dust and dirt from outside. Including the air. So you have a metal screen set as part of your home made air filtration, well why not make an HHO torch, since whatever that flame touches, is no longer radioactive.
So you have the ability with an HHO torch, to reduce and remove contaminated material simply with an HHO torch.
You have your Geiger counter in one hand, and your torch in the other and you can clean an area like the floor if it was a dirt floor, or cement or whatever, maybe even the cans, if the canned food is a bit radioactive.

So we are assuming here it is a real problem world wide after some disaster.

Again the gamma radiation is like an ambient radiation. That you can read with your Geiger counter.
As much fallout as is in your area, those dust particles are giving off gamma, and combined like radio waves it is contaminating an area. And just like you can receive a radio signal almost anywhere, you can receive a gamma signal in your body anywhere. So if where you are has a high reading, you may need to move somewhere where it is not so high. But mostly you need to not be within a dangerous zone of a reactor.

Fallout itself has little gamma unless there is a lot of fallout, but a reactor core has serious gamma. If you have money and want to be prepared then buy a suit. But they are expensive. 1000 bucks or something.
www.radshield.com...

Lets say that TSHTF and everything was irradiated, you need to be inside for maybe 6 months.

Inside your house, is not going to help you with air filtration and dust prevention and all the rest.

If thats all you can manage, then thats all you can do but really, what I would do is try to get a Brink's Truck.

Camperize it barely, and be mobile, be able to get away and still be protected from gun fire, from radiation, and from poisonous gas like Chlorine since a Brink's Truck is air tight and has managed air, so that bad guys can't just tear gas them inside.

You still need a few things though but since everyone else will be panicked and dieing, you will be able to get around and get what you need, if law and order has broken down, and its every man for himself.

You would need an air filtration system that has UVC to break down dangerous harmful chemicals. An air filter that is under the seat in an Ambulance. That kind. It kills bacteria, plague germs, everything and breaks down poison chemicals.

So whatever shelter you choose, keep in mind the larger it is, the harder it it is going to be to keep radiation free. You really need a place to wash off completely if you go outside. Like plastic the back 3 feet of the truck off and have big jugs of water and a camp shower. If you keep the place clean, you will not be harmed.
Even if it is really really bad outside the truck.
But again, you have to eat from cans, and filter the water but get it from a deep well at a farmhouse in the country if you can.
If not then open a hydrant and pump some out of the main. There will be water in there even when there is no pressure.

So lets say you are serious enough about this, and could almost survive on the food you have now for 6 months.
Then all you need is water and shelter. But the problem with gamma is you cannot block it. A basement will be surrounded by dirt, that blocks it. But from above you will still get some.

If you are mobile, even if that means while others are looting the grocery, you grabbed an armored truck.
Since the only way to get away from gamma, is to get away from gamma.
And it will be bad in spots and good in spots. You want to be in a good spot. In America there may only be two of those 20 feet square somewhere since you have so many cooling ponds and waste facilities. If you are mobile, you can flee the gamma. Gamma is why they evacuate areas close to a plant.
edit on 11-5-2012 by Rocketman7 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Thank you all foryour kind replies. Although it didn't help calming my nerves.

Why isn't this THE top worldwide problem to be addressed?

Talk about awful timing with the world markets going to snip. We are doomed....and I have a daughter on the way.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Ok folks I am a big fuku prepper and I made an account just so I could reply to this post. For those of you who are conscious enough to believe that fuku is a threat, here are some ways to MITIGATE radiation as much as possible. I have children and I can not have the "there's nothing i can do" mentality. I understand this stuff is expensive, but if you have children their safety is more important than expensive vacations, game systems, etc.

First order of business is to make some basic life changes:
1) Eat lower on the food chain due to bio accumulation- I avoid meat and only buy aged cheeses (as in aged dating back before the tsunami- like 2yr old cheddar)
2) Drink reverse osmosis water (aquafina and other such brands use RO and activated carbon filtering)
3) Baking soda helps remove radiation...soak produce in a tub with 1/2-1c of baking soda, scrub and rinse before stalking in your fridge. Also toss baking soda in childrens baths and in laundry to help cleanse.
4) avoid precipitation. Use an umbrella if u have to go out.
5)Take shoes and jackets off after coming in, leave by door so you don't track particles. We change our outfits entirely, we have lounging clothes for when staying home and outside clothes.
6) Dust your house often with a wet wipe to remove air born contamination
7) replace air filters in cars/AC every spring if you can ( always use thick gloves and a dust mask when doing this)
8) use dust mask when outside for long periods of time to avoid particle inhalation

Here is a list of items that can help mitigate on a daily basis, and also some stuff to help in the event that no. 4 starts to burn. (If you buy one or two of these items a month, before you know it you will be well prepared)

Kitchen RO system (replace filters every 6 months and RO membrane every 1-2 yrs, remember to use thick gloves, dust mask, and immediately remove from household. >>www.amazon.com...=as_li_tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=fukushimacom-20

Decent priced geiger >> www.amazon.com...=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1336432900&sr=8-1

3 Month or more supply of food with 25yr shelf life >> www.mypatriotsupply.com...

Family Set or individual gas masks: use in the event that #4 blows and we have a massive plume>>> www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_sg_4
(these masks can be purchased at $20 a piece if the family package doesn't work for you)

Replacement filters for the gas mask: www.amazon.com...=pd_sim_sg_5

Disposable coveralls for when you have to work outside in the rain>> www.amazon.com...=as_li_tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=fukushimacom-20

Dust mask for dusty windy days outside> www.amazon.com...=as_li_tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=fukushimacom-20

There's much more but this is a good start...

Places you can find Info and support:

fukushimafacts.com...

www.youtube.com...

RadChick at facebook>> www.facebook.com...#!/pages/RadChick-Radiation-Research-Mitigation/260610960640885

enenews.com...

fukushima-diary.com/

Well that's all for now, hope you guys found my first post helpful.

As RadChick would say, " we care about you because your government doesn't"

edit on 18-5-2012 by alm09250 because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by alm09250 because: typos

edit on 18-5-2012 by alm09250 because: typos

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   

You are right, things do seem bleak, but there are a lot of things you can do to help cleanse your body, aside from eating healthy. Try doing a bentonite detox one day a week for starters. Bentonite collects positively charges particles (like radiation) and helps you pass them.

this stuff is economically priced...
www.amazon.com...=as_li_tf_ssw?&linkCode=wss&tag=fukushimacom-20

and this stuff is very high quality but a little pricey
store.naturalnews.com...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
This whole reactor #4 Fukushima deal is probably one of the Scariest ELE possibilities out there right now. Sitting on an active fault line with astronomically high odds that it can blow again. All that plutonium sitting there.

Human beings are crazy. We could have used thorium which would never have put us in this situation, but NOOoooo, we need weapons grade material that we can arm in warheads just in case.

Humans are a disease to this planet. Im ashamed of our kind for what we have done and continue to do here. Everyone attacks religion all the time, and yet look at science. Look at the human character and how it operates and what it causes.

Really F!#*ing scary to know we are one decent sized earthquake away from wiping out life on the whole planet!!!!!

I wish I didnt know about this and can continue on in the ignorance is bliss state like most others. But knowing this is a fact is really a scary thing

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by dominicus

And there is ZERO we can do about it. Zero prepping, unless you are a billionaire.....

Nothing like staring down the barrel of a gun, knowing that it's not a matter of if you will get cancer, but when.

Japans ultimate revenge on he united states.
edit on 18-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-5-2012 by amongus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
I can't imagine how many billions of dollars the medical field will make because of this......

Sick...

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Ok accept your fate. I regret making an account, because you people dont care to look for solutions, you just want to bitch about things and accept your # fate. Let your wife keep eating hamburgers and guzzling milk and see what kind of mutant you produce.
edit on 18-5-2012 by alm09250 because: typ

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Hey amongus,
You got me thinking with one of your replies.

This very well may be America's karma for dropping those nukes on japan.

Very interesting to consider, even though we are facing down the barrel

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Been taking radiation readings ever since radioactive cloud arrived in america . 5 days we had a scary background radiation count in the great lakes region . we in this area have been spared by weather patterns and the jet stream. I have observed high background radiation with weather patterns coming from directly west too east to the lakes region , we have had high background and spikeing reading during and after rains of this west too east pattern. Background is normally 10 to 11 rotegen but during and after the rains 28 plus and spikeing until 6 to 8 days after the rains have fallen must be short life radiation .

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by rockinground

You mention a cloud over the Great Lakes...I wonder if this was about two weeks after The Year of our Fukushima?
I witnessed a watery looking fog that was impossible to miss, on a sunny clear day. By dusk, it was so thick you could slice it, and it was like fog, except it seemed more dense, persistent, and supposedly stretched all the way over the Atlantic, witnessed by a NY resident that same week. New growth shoots came up burned on shrubs after the first rain, shortly after the hygroscopic fog treat (a few days later).

I don't know why anyone obeys anything anymore. We should be chasing the bastards into their bombed out shelters. 'world leaders', what is this, a joke? I must have heard this sound byte a thousand times today.

edit on 19-5-2012 by davidmann because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join