It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all on our way out, now?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
I'm so terribly sorry, I don't mean to be upsetting, and I wonder what good it does anyone to know these things (per the vids.) In this case, is ignorance bliss? Right now I'm not afraid to go, because me and mine have grieved over so many people and 'animals' since after 2000. We want to be with them, but I am not (um real young) anymore, and I have not had any fun, adventure and romance (all in a positive, not negative and traumatic way) yet. I was hoping to get at least one chance to experience those, but maybe it's not meant.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:17 PM
link   
have to admit, after reading the latest reports from the assessment of the japan #4 cooling pool that is near catastrophic failure if they have another larger earthquake.. your pictures are only the beginning.
If that cooling pool fails,.. we are all done..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Saucerwench

Hang on! It might turn out ok!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Apollo7

Well, I don't know, unless some time travel heros change the timeline.....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
With this much radiation who knows maybe we'll get lucky and develop super powers.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Unfortunarely there appears to be something to the accounts of mutations. From what exactly... but hey we all are trying to find out right? Look at the suggested video column to the right of this video on YouTube. It is mutating as we speak.

NOT Good.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Don't worry about it. There isn't anything we as normal people can do. It won't be as bad as we have been led to believe, a lot of the fear about nuclear exposure was created by the government so we would fund their defense programs. People can handle a little radiation. It's not going to kill us. If the levels get real high it's a different story. Get some Iodine tablets and pop one once a week. Give the kids a kids multivitamin containing iodine or kelp supplements occasionally..

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   

FOR THE LOVE OF.... STOP THE #ING RADIATION FROM SPEWING FORTH! Cement that #ing place up like they did with Chernobyl. At least it would stop the spread. Amaright?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I think the majority of people would rather be willfully ignorant regarding Fukushima. At least that's what I've seen. You tell them about it and get blank stares. Very sad. As the woman in the cat video said there's going to come a time when we can't ignore it anymore. By then it'll be too late. But for now I just don't go out in the rain and make sure my water is filtered.
edit on 9-5-2012 by blackcalx because: lousy spelling

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
I think it may be a bit sensationalist to blame it all on Fukushima, although I'm not saying its not. But I've seen mutated plants way more than a year ago. Because of the Internet, anomalies are brought to the forefront of our attention much quicker and more often than in the past... It's like the argument, are we really having more earthquakes or do we just have more technology to detect them now?

It is sad, but that's how evolution occurs: mutations. How do you think X-Men was inspired in the first place? I seriously doubt that "we're on our way out" as species, but we're due to evolve here soon. Whatever will be will be, and those more physically prepared for whatever is meant to happen will move forth to the next round.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Cytra because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
wow, I have tried to live in some sort of denial about this, but I guess we need to open up to it. Our cats are our kids/ we have a few cats, all of them has some kind of skin disorder. something like a rash, one cat it was severe. We have thought it was the food and changed it, things have gotten better but not totally

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by rebellender

Reb..................are your cats,outdoor cats?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I'm still pretty convinced that the increase of oral ulcers I've had in the past year are due to Fukashima radiation. I was at my wits end recently after not being able to eat more than a little soup once a day for weeks due to the pain inside of my mouth, and saw a doctor about it. I was then sent to a dentist for an exam, both of them told me "Oh, it's just herpes, here's some herpes medication." I demanded testing because I know it's not herpes as I've been tested for it before. I had 10 vials of blood drawn for a wide variety of tests and everything came back normal. No explanation whatsoever for what is causing all of these sores inside my mouth, just that it's not herpes which is all they've been barking at me since I started seeking answers. They just said "I don't know, here's a prescription for Vicodin and some Lidocaine. Go see an immunologist and see if they can help."

I think some of us are just more susceptible to the effects of the radiation than others, as my immune system isn't "normal". The ulcers have been something I've had most of my life but not like this, not to this extreme. Usually they used to only pop up if I bit my lip or tongue or got a cut in there from eating chips or something somewhat sharp. I am getting them so much more aggressively with no obvious cause since last year. There's rarely a day I'm not in pain from mouth ulcers, and I've tried everything from changing my toothpaste to my diet and adding supplements like L-Lysine.

I don't know if anyone else has been having similar problems since Fukashima since most of the people I know are a lot healthier than I am and I don't really know a lot of people. Maybe I'm just batsh!t crazy, but I know I'm miserable more often than not lately and there has to be a reason for it. I'm almost terrified to attempt to get pregnant in the future because of the possible effects this could have on my child. I'm planning to move to the east coast soon but I'm not sure if it's even any safer over there now.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:56 AM
link   
It's disturbing watching the above videos. It looks like we all might just be living in the "new world" if these trends continue.

I don't think nuke radiation mutations will ever end up enhancing our genome, or any of the plants or other mammals it effects. At this rate, I wonder what the earth will look like in 20, 50, or even the next 100 years.

What will the plants' and animals' genomes look like after the next 10 accidents?

We need to discover a different way to generate electricity soon, or my fear is that the world will become a lot more disfigured. I suppose science will then create genes to mutate you back to what you should be, and the rich will be the only ones to afford it...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 02:58 AM
link   
,,,only that manipulation of genes will probably have to happen when the baby is developing in the womb? The future will tell us for sure, but IMHO the outlook isn't good.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
mutations, birth defects galore,

cancer,

its horrific!

imagine this is what our children may look like... its happening in Japan already probably elsewhere if we bother to look beyond all the mutants plaguing already our lawns and gardens.. and not just the physical

what have we done to all life??

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
This is just disturbing on so many levels. Being human is nothing to be proud of, and we need to be stopped.

This poor Earth.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
This is just ENRAGENING. I live not more than 60 miles from those nuclear reactors.
At least the corporate media here, are being actual reporters.

So I've been wondering if the depopulation agendists concurred to take everyone down via these means, and that is why they plan to live subterranean for a length.

Once again, only the psychopath lessermench cockroaches survive, like always.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by TMG333

Probably canker sores. I get them all the time, and it's not herpes. Google it.

And an obligatory response to the topic at hand: I hope that the radiation doesn't get to a point where it starts affecting unborn human children. It's not us directly that I'm worried about, but the future.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saucerwench
Well, I don't know, unless some time travel heros change the timeline.....

You'll have to go as far back as WW2 to sabotage the Manhattan Proj and the Nazi atomic programme

But we all know from the Terminator sequels that it won't work, it won't stop skynet, prevent judgement day, etc. Some ignorant genius will always figure out a way how to doom mankind! What works is that we must protect John Connor at all cost!!

Seriously, scientists have long been saying 'party's over' and that statement doesn't include problems with broken nuke reactors. Factors as tipping point in climate change, human population has reached unsustainability, increased risk from comet/asteroid impacts, cyclical extinction events due, etc etc..

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join