It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The End of One American

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

With the exception that the OP's thread and replies actually have a point where yours, not so much on the acceptable platform.

I didn't find anything in the OP that screamed they're gay and want to take over society. What I read is the same thing that I've been hearing all over the place.

"The current banking system is a scam, that increases the distance between wealthy and poor. It has been engineered to crumble nations while extorting them regardless of the outcome for the people"

The fact of the matter is that our country is being ripped apart BY OUR GOVERNMENT. We don't have any power to make any changes aside from gunboat diplomacy because every single representative has their hand in someone's pocket. Normally some corporation that profits from whatever bill their paid representative supports.

The other problem that we have is that we're too busy arguing about gay/straight, racial, liberal vs conservative and religious issues that we are blind to the crap our government and banks get away with. Not to mention it is the MSM's job to sensationalize the hypocrisy of our society. Until people start turning off their T.V. and educate themselves in what is REALLY happening we will be caught in this perpetual cat and mouse game. and we're the mice.

btw, I'm straight and I agree with the OP that something needs to happen but the American public is to apathetic to turn the light switch on in their head for five minutes.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by EarthCitizen23

(((((((EarthCitizen23))))))). Dear, you have to be your own savior. Simple as that! Tax problems can knock you to the ground and grind on you till you feel like the dirt itself. When you feel the weight of the world on you, just take a deep breath and keep going. Do what you can and don't worry so much about the rest. This, too, shall pass. "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up."

But, when you see the gov't wasting our tax dollars ($850,000 for a lavish party!), it makes you sick to your stomach when they take all you have. And they want more! Best wishes and blessed be.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

Advocate all you wish my friend, seems like for some reason I have tweeked your pissy zone somehow,,, not sure how,,, except you seem to focus on something I am not seeing in my thread.
Again,, this is about how our government is stepping over some boundaries,, that clearly are not up any longer.
I am not whining or trying to pull at anyones' heartstrings,,, cause I KNOW I will be fine regardless.
So,, Thanks for posting,,, even if you wish it trashed for some unknown reason.. There are plenty of other threads out there worse than this one which could be pointed to the trash bin,,, and some that have been sent there for no reason.... go figure.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofswords

Thank you,,, I always get back up,, and yes it is more about how blatant the government is about the waste of tax dollars,,, they don't really care,,, we are just numbers to the system,,,, that is one of the main points of this thread.

SS# please.....

it is not just a coincidence SS and SS# are so similar......lol

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by HellstormRising

Thanks for taking my back,,, not sure what the issue really is with him,, but anyway, thanks.

It is about Apathy,,,
I actually do try and ''do something'' about this,,, but have come to the conclusion that trying to work within the system is futile.

Something has to give,,, soon,,, not just for me,, but ALL OF AMERICA.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by petrus4

actually You and I are more alike than not,,, just so you know.

posted on May, 19 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by EarthCitizen23
reply to post by HellstormRising

Thanks for taking my back,,, not sure what the issue really is with him,, but anyway, thanks.

It is about Apathy,,,
I actually do try and ''do something'' about this,,, but have come to the conclusion that trying to work within the system is futile.

Something has to give,,, soon,,, not just for me,, but ALL OF AMERICA.

Don't feel ashamed. it's not just the end of one american.

It's the end of america. PERIOD.

I could tolerate a lot, you know. lived all my life poor and in a struggling family who always worked... but when the bastards try to get inside my head and tell me what to think after corporations destroy beautiful lands... SCREW IT!... the problem is, they are running and ruling just about the entire world- tptb. Where do you go??!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by NotAnAspie

Hey thanks again, no, I am not ashamed,, Pissed is the word.
I am mad at my fellow Americans for getting suckered into division and rhetoric spouted by career politicians.
I am mad that our system has been hi jacked by Corporations that don't care about the environment,, much less humans,, just the Bottom Dollar,,,, which by the way they will ditch for any other currency that looks better when the time comes.
I am mad that Apathy has set in on the majority of Americans,, who would rather bitch and moan about someone's sexuality,,color, religion than what is important,,,, the maintenance and protection of our country.

Yep,,, there is not anywhere to go.
I always have dreamed of a cabin in the woods somewhere,,, but Drones can fly far and High and basically,,, if a revolution happened,,, without the military of our sons and daughters,,, we will be slaves to the system for some time,,,, Somehow our Military needs to be taught that America has been under attack by parties that claim the right to do so under the guise of a Congress that is sold out to the highest bidder.

It does feel like America is Done,,,
We have entered a fascist moment that no one seems to notice.
Even here at ATS,,, we are pounded with propaganda,,,, that paying taxes is the right thing to do,,, supporting a broken system is the right thing to do,,,, Giving BILLIONS to OTHER COUNTRIES,,, While Robbing the Middle Class HERE,,,, IS THE RIGHT THING TO DO,,,,,,

nope,,,, I am pissed,,, not ashamed.

thanks again,,, have a good day.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
I guess nobody's mommas told them if you dont have anything nice to say, dont say anything at all.
Always astounding how rude and hurtful people have become.

anyway
Im so sorry this is happening to you. We know several people who are being screwed in several different manners by banks and loss of job and IRS. Many different ways to bring hard working contributing Americans to their knees these days. My husband and I used to have a lot of extra money and vacations... etc. American dream sort of thing. No longer. Inflation and all sorts of road blocks have come along. We do okay now, but its very noticeable for an older couple to really see the change in America.. especially since 9-11.
Hang in there my friend, you will survive. Stay pissed off. Never forget it. May be a time in the near future to use that anger.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
I am likely the last person that has any sound advice at all, but it seems to me that something "told" you and "opened" you to what was coming many years ago. I imagine that you did attempt to make some adjustments to accommodate the future as you saw it but given the fact that we are all part of the machine (probably the gunky part to the bigger parts), you seem to want to keep that previous paradigm and belief system alive.

The paper of which this Country is founded upon is a wonderous thing; however, it must be in the hands of wonderous leaders (not seeing any of those for a very long time).

Here is my suggestions, please do not see these as solutions but as a means to letting go of the support you seem to have for the big machine. Earn money outside of the monster's fold! Farmer's markets, Craigslist, corner vendor's license, perhaps even by way of barter for those things you need. If you cannot market a product market yourself to others.

At first, any additional endeavor will take a small bite, eventually though an avenue of "escape" will present itself. Do the proactive approach to "sticking it" to the machine!

There was a day (not in our time) whereby if meat was needed on the table it was a matter of catching it! There was a time when lights were not there and the modern world was unabtainable to even the richest of them; can you imagine that world? I can!

What are you living for? A plot of dirt with four walls (sorry, I am certain your home is your dream-home)? I am not judging you I am simply allowing my mind to imagine what kind of environment that has such a hold on you. Is it family? Friends? Career? What is keeping you at that place where you want it to be "status quo" until your death?

Often through my life I have looked outward to folks who spent there entire lives living in the same place, working the same job, eating the same food. Over and over they go with no deviation, then suddenly their lives are over and ironically enough this is the time when all is taken from them whether they like it or not. Nursing homes, assisted living, or worse; it is a short walk through the backdoor of our lives once it is all said and done. The dreams that were instilled into us (them) of how there is a set of standards or rules that govern our completeness to life, an equation for success that will lead to our ultimate happiness.

I think it is harder for those with to lose it rather than those without. I know, I know, we cannot all become wall-flowers, but sometimes we can be something more and that is the future I am looking at.

I look forward to the coming Apocalypse (broad-based idealism). I am fearful for others, especially the innocent (children and animals), but with enough gumption I may be able to help a few along the way. My worst fears are developing apathy, or judging those less able because they cannot see that they are their own worst enemy.

I don't know, don't listen to me; I just believe there is a better reality. Paganism might be something you might want to push away. Tell "Great Spirit" or "Mother Earth" that her time of fertility is over; death must occur in order for a new life to emerge. Find the Truth about GOD and his only begotten Son! Not religion (religion is so anti-gay they should all have bad hair and no form of beauty) but the Truth within; you are a Temple of GOD, one GOD, and this realm has an entirely different "prince" right now.

Stop being Gay! LOL Seriously, it is such a ridiculous notion that you are different because of a sexual orientation. Be a Homosexual and be like the rest of the World! I cannot imagine that sexual orientation has any function outside of the bedroom. Oh sure, it would be easier if "we" could have the same benefits to the machine that "straight" people are afforded, but then we would be further involved with the machine; I am not interested in what the machine is handing out. I am no longer Gay I say! I am simply a Homosexual who has been indoctrinated in a world that is not mine; so I walk a different path entirely and I never make issue of it. Most people cannot tell that I am creative and gifted! LOL (sorry, had to put that in there, since we all know what a drab world this would be without that sort of expression)

I guess deep down the unfairness of our World can edge into our lives to the point where we get angry, but that is OK as long as we know who and what we are angry at. Know what is of you and what is not and then turn from those things that are not; obviously it does not make it go away, but as I noted in the beginning, you knew long ago where this road was leading to, you just perhaps nested and settled in for the duration.

Personally, I think people were meant to migrate, much like the buffalo or the great paths of birds that crisscross our world. We are fenced now and someone is holding the key to the gate! Find the gate, it might be unlocked!

Bless you!

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

it is about the Government overreaching the bounds that is given by said Declaration of Independence,

The Declaration of Independence doesn't bind the government to anything. I think you meant to reference the Constitution, which is the set of laws that the government must adhere to (well, is supposed to adhere to).

Other than that...bye.

/TOA

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Hey Advantage,,, I hope that you and your husband are able to hold on to what is yours during this time,,,
Thanks for the encouragement,,,,
and Yes,, the pissed off energy is being stored for future need,,,,
will come in handy I am sure

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

it is about the Government overreaching the bounds that is given by said Declaration of Independence,

The Declaration of Independence doesn't bind the government to anything. I think you meant to reference the Constitution, which is the set of laws that the government must adhere to (well, is supposed to adhere to).

Other than that...bye.

/TOA

My reasoning of putting my faith ONLY in the Declaration of Independence is due to the fact that the Constitution is a shredded document at the moment and needs a complete overhaul since our Government is NOT adhering to its dictates.
So, we must revert to the document that proclaimed our Freedoms to begin with the Declaration of Independence which states as I quoted before that we have the RIGHT and Duty to OVERTHROW Our Own Government at this time of Fascist and now with Drones in our skies HERE,,, Militaristic Coup that seems to have taken over.

That is my reason for saying such

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Hey GreenSage, it sounds like we are cut from the same cloth in many ways, wish you were closer we could definitely be friends I would think.

First, I have been living like you suggest for some time now, but did get a ''regular'' job so that keeping my home would not be such a chore,,, yet,,, still is..lol,, but I work for it because I do love my home here,, and my thought was that if I was going to be within the Matrix,,, system,,, I want to be in this city.... but if I go totally against any hope that the system can be reformed,,,, I need to find my ''cabin in the woods'''...

Option two,,, the cabin in the woods is evidently needed it seems.
I am a survivalist,,, and after losing my corporate job,, I did as you have suggested and made my own path,,, which I still have in the works,,, all in the effort to detach from the system. So,, for going on 8 years or so,, I have kept what I have by having one foot in both worlds so to speak. All the while knowing I would at some point be forced by the system to choose and leave one behind. I now know it is this home In the System that will go.
but for you,,a few pictures here to show a few of the reasons I have fought so hard to keep my piece of the American dream.
This is my backyard labyrinth where I do my walking meditations

Here is some of my Garden,, which includes apple, peach, fig, mulberry, wild plum trees, grapevines, blueberry bushes and a host of Medicinal Herbs I was taught to use by my RootDr Grandmother,, plus the regular garden, compost etc

and I don't think I will give up the Paganism,,, it is who I am,,,
and this is my Church,,, nature in my yard,, and a fully functional medicine wheel / sacred circle that is use mostly by myself,,, sometime with local community

Plus,,, I have my life long collection of over 20,000 books,, which at one time I was going to use as a startup for a bookstore idea I had,,,,, but didn't have the capital,,, and banks were not loaning to the likes of me.
they are hard for me to ditch,,, being a bookworm type and bibliophile,,,
Then is the fact I don't think of this home as just a house,,, I believe in connecting to the Genius Loci,,, and Have done so with this land,,
No pesticides for over 12 years here,,, much love and work with the Deva, plant allies,,, dirt beneath my feet talking to the Genius Loci who is battered by '''Development" of the Matrix/system we live in today.
I want to be off grid,,, thought I could do it here in the City to show others there is another way to live,
So,,, don't have Central heat/air,,,, have detached myself from as much as possible and still my home is more that just a house,,, even has a name,,,, to acknowledge its own 'Life'.
so,, anyway,,,
I agree with so much of what you say,,,
I have thought of the Nomad life,,, and as a survivalist,,, could do that if needed,,, or want,,,,
right now,,, weighing options I guess
I Love North Carolina,,, even if we are backward sometimes politically and otherwise,,, so if I am staying in America,,, the Green of NC is most desirable for myself,,, but have looked elsewhere and will continue to search the elusive cabin in the woods idea,,,
problem is ,,,
like so many
I am Broke and a Slave to the System if I stay here,,,,
so,,, All you say registers neatly into what I do believe

Thanks again,,,, Hope to talk more

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   

It is an incredible place, no doubt it is you that reflects so brightly from those gardens! Thank you for sharing!

I have to admit, I miss the world already, the gardens, the friendships, the "living" part of this world; I know it is there but in my mind I am walking in the future and it can have a tendency to play upon the soul. Nothing is truer to Nature than death and through death a renewal and recreation can abound; much like our annuals and much like our efforts from year to year.

Stay strong, this is but a season of its own making and it too shall pass!

Blessings,

Ron in Las Cruces, NM (ps, I am about ready to go view the eclipse, I think we will get a good view from here!)

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

Thanks for the compliment,,, I believe that some of my soul is evident in my garden,,, it is where I am most alive that is for sure,,, growing things watching life come,,, and go as you remarked on death/annuals etc.

I accepted my mortality long long ago,, and as it is said,,, Today is a good day to die. Meaning in my mind,,, Always enjoy the NOW,, and Stalk Death as an Ally. It is good to know ones mortality.

I understand the "Missing the World already" comment,, me too. Seems like our fast paced world has ended so many of the small things that make life so wonderful. I try to capture some small measure of it in my garden, and yardwork,, it is my therapy and soul renewal time,,, and I am trying to give myself more of it.

Hope you got the sunset view of the eclipse,,,

It is all good no matter the difficulties,,, so yes,,, I will keep on regardless of what is thrown my way.
Have a good remainder of your weekend.

edit on 5/20/2012 by EarthCitizen23 because: added comment

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Pagan, gay and COMMUNIST all go along with Manifesto. Natzi-- NOT.
To bad you can't go back to the USSR. lol

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

YOU SAID
'So, we must revert to the document that proclaimed our Freedoms to begin with the Declaration of Independence which states as I quoted before that we have the RIGHT and Duty to OVERTHROW Our Own Government at this time of Fascist and now with Drones in our skies HERE,,, Militaristic Coup that seems to have taken over. "

Can you make up your mind??
In the OP you said you were out of here.
And now a couple post later you are going to be the leader of a revolution??
WTF??
Oh I get it, while you are safe in exile. LOL

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by longjohnbritches

YOU SAID
'So, we must revert to the document that proclaimed our Freedoms to begin with the Declaration of Independence which states as I quoted before that we have the RIGHT and Duty to OVERTHROW Our Own Government at this time of Fascist and now with Drones in our skies HERE,,, Militaristic Coup that seems to have taken over. "

Can you make up your mind??
In the OP you said you were out of here.
And now a couple post later you are going to be the leader of a revolution??
WTF??
Oh I get it, while you are safe in exile. LOL

Yes, It is hard to make up your mind to leave a country you really believed in at one time.

I am not wavering
when I know that the reality is that it would be damn near impossible to gather enough money to actually leave, but I give into the thought that things can happen when one puts a mind to a focused outcome,,
I am very focused and aware of the reality of expat express for the rich,, but for the likes of me,,, the slave to the masters at the top,,, God Forbid that I mention this option. I know that the truth is,, there is a difference.

A difference between America and what is now the United States of America Inc.
The USA Inc. is what most of us want to leave/fix/dismantle/take apart and start over with the core American Ideas,, not one religions ethics or values over anothers,,, That AMERICA.

Your sense of this thread is obviously flawed by your bias and ignorance of who I am,
this is not my problem.
Never did I claim to desire to be, want to be a leader of the revolution,,
but really,, I am a regular red neck queer in the south,,, my impression of your words is that your inequities are carefully hidden by your in your face judgements. You could not be farther from the truth about who I am or desire to become, and I could care less for your opinion when it comes down to it.

If you disagree with what is said in the Declaration of Independence that is your right,,,
but I at least know what it really means.

But thanks for the notice anyway,, take care not to jump ahead of yourself as you have here and you will do fine in life.

posted on May, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by facelift

I am just getting more angry,,,
writing my Manifesto

Poser...

LMFAOROFLTIH

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join