It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stop posting rants about using the search feature

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It kills me that people assume the super moderator and curtly inform those who rush to break a story that its already posted sometimes by only seconds.

Think about it, it takes a few minutes to bang out a thread OP.

Have some patience with the young posters they are the future stars of ATS.

stay tuned!!!
next rant: Those that want to cut a fat STAR hog in the butt with rants about things they think bother everybody else also.

ETA:

edit on 9-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Awesome! Can I just add about the people complaining about "things already posted" ... If they hadnt been reposted, I and many others would NEVER have seen them. Stop trying to rule the internetz you schmucks, great thread.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Sorry though, I think someone already posted this

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Not hard to use the Search function;

Unless of course you're one of those people who just creates threads for the sake of hoping to get many stars and flags as possible to your name for something that's already been brought up by somebody else.

Sure you'll get mad at people for screaming USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION, only because it "hurts" you a little on the inside knowing that someone else pointed out that the thread has already been created thus losing all the possible stars/flags you could have gotten.

I feel sorry for those kind of people. Really. If you want stars and flags, you ought to make a thread called "Give me stars and flags so I can be happy with myself". Now that's probably a thread that has never been created....yet, so there won't be anyone screaming USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION there.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TheProphetMark

I think you missed the point completely.. people on this site complain constantly, 24/7, about TPTB.. Then go on and try to control everything that happens on a mere website. Contradiction: OVERLOAD.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
This thread has already been posted:

Rant

...giggity.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by fairguy

You can't compare this website to "TPTB". it's like comparing an ant with a Lion.

But, I understand where you're coming from. But there will always be people who are having a bad day and decide to go on a "ego power" trip by trying to control others and telling them what to do and what not to do on this website ever chance they get. Hell, some may even do it with hopes of becoming a Moderator one day on ATS, who knows.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I was only comparing them to make my point, there is a HUGE difference. Ego trip is about the only way to put it though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

i think you missed the point of this thread, it was not about people reposting an old thread but people on the breaking news forum who happen to be starting a thread at the same time, then being the slower of the two and being yelled at for it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsongod21

i think you missed the point of this thread, it was not about people reposting an old thread but people on the breaking news forum who happen to be starting a thread at the same time, then being the slower of the two and being yelled at for it.

I read your post; and thought to myself; ok I must be missing something because what your saying actually makes sense. So, I go back to the OP and re-read it carefully and yes, I actually missed the main point of the thread. So yes, I see where the OP is coming from now.

Two people banging out a thread at the same time and someone decides to go on a ego trip and say the thread has already been posted? Personally, I suppose both posters deserve equal credit for trying. I guess that's not something that can be stopped, the threads being banged out at the same or similar timing especially the "Breaking News" because I'm sure there are people on ATS who actually looks for news, maybe even wait for it to come out for the effort of making the first thread on ATS soley for the Stars/ and Flags they are about the recieve for such thread depending on how good the information is.

Personally, Stars and Flags kinda ruins the whole purpose of this site and will more often that not spring out compeition with one another and cause sprouts of ego trips over the forums.

I apolagize for misunderstanding what this OP was all about, I'm sort of a fast read, and being someone with ADD/ADHD I suppose I won't always understand the information the first time around if I believe I actually got the point of the post.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   
I'm guilty. I do apologize, I know sometimes I get a little too worked up over the whole double post thing.
But hear me out:

It's frustrating to see the same post over and over and over again. The search does actually work. I promise. The reason multiple threads on the same topic bother me is because when you actually are looking for info on a topic, and there are multiple threads about the same subject, it's really difficult to read through all the posts and keep the info organized. Someone might have a really stellar reply that I would totally enjoy reading, but I miss it because they posted in a different thread about the same thing.

I'm just kind of anal about organization I guess. I know there's mods, and they do a great job, and I really appreciate how they keep ATS from becoming like other sites. But they can't watch everything and sometimes a duplicate thread will just go one for way too long, racking up hundreds of S&F's before a mod closes it down. I know I always come off sounding too harsh when I try to stop the madness and I'm sorry. But seriously, just use the search.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
You guys are actually posting some good thought here. I didnt expect this. I was aiming at the subject of Rants griping at people threading up before searching up.

and Tired of seeing the arrogant comment " If you would have used search yada yada yada."

get over it I say to those people. Life is way to short to get all puffy about such things. Seriously whats another thread gonna do until the Mod Squad says closed, draw stars from the go to thread.....

ATS isnt a star search. Its a place we come to to express thought and Deny Ignorance, by working together to discover more than to debunk. To have fun with expression, not bag on someone out of simple disagreement.

and for crappin out loud, stop posting rants about people not using the search

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
to be honest what bothers me more is people not reading threads and posting anyways, causing a large build up of similar or the exact same post on one thread from many different people. thats so much worse than having six threads on the same subject. i wish there was a way where you could make people read the whole thread before they can reply that would make me sooooo happy. Not having to read 2 3 10 pages of the same info being regurgitated over and over.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsongod21

What he said! Something that factors into this problem I think is the Twitter mentality permeating ATS lately. It's starting to become the norm here for 100 characters or less in posts.

"Great thread! S&F!"

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This is funny. YOU just did the same thing. Ranting. Didnt you realize that? Lol, lol, lol, lol

top topics

join