It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US House Votes to Stop Obama Immigration Lawsuits: (Start Enforcing the law instead of Fighting them

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The House voted early Wednesday morning to stop the Obama administration's lawsuits against state immigration laws. The amendment, which strips funding so that the Justice Department cannot pursue the lawsuits, passed 238-173.

The amendment specifically applies to laws in Arizona, Oklahoma, Missouri, Utah, Alabama, Georgia, South Carolina and Indiana. The Obama administration and immigrant-rights groups have sued to block laws in each of those states.

"Instead of using tax dollars to sue states, the Department of Justice and other branches of this government should start focusing on enforcing existing immigration laws," said Rep. Lou Barletta, a Pennsylvania Republican who as mayor of Hazleton oversaw a city ordinance cracking down on illegal immigration. "Until they do, the Department of Justice should not receive one federal tax dollar to sue states."

Source: www.washingtontimes.com...

Take that story/news and add this to it....:

Florida Investigating Potential Non-Citizen Voters
miami.cbslocal.com...

Ouch! Obama loses 41 percent of W.Va. primary vote to federal inmate.
www.csmonitor.com...!-Obama-loses-41-percent-of-W.Va.-primary-vote-to-federal-inmate

Va. investigates voter fraud
www2.timesdispatch.com...

And we can't forget Mr. O'Keef and Eric Holders ballot...
Watch the whole video-a CLASSIC

The Dems must be thinking WTF..... They are toast.... People are fed up with the lies and dishonesty the is mainly Democratic... as the motto is WIN BY ANY MEANS
edit on 5/9/2012 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Hmm, I am surprised there is not more/any comments on this topic.

A very important step in stopping Obama oppressive tactics.

Case in point.

I just read on Drudge that the DOJ/Holder is planning a lawsuit on Sheriff Joe in AZ. Shame.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
About damn time

Everyone who has been paying attention to the Democratic party and their pandering to the hispanic community has never been about the law:

It has been about securing one of the largest voting blocks in this country to keep them in power.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

I am pretty sure the Hispanics want the laws enforced also. The ones that came here legally.

I would love to know how many "illegals" actually applied for citizenship. They would have gotten it, barring any criminal records etc.

Worked for my parents.....

Fact of the matter is they don't want to become Americans (the ones who sneak in and don't bother to apply etc). They want to make America Mexico. No assimilation.... domination by default/numbers. That's what it appears to me.

Of course now, more are leaving than coming... and can you blame them. They see Obama for what he is too.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

That Holder video was just great! It shows the absolute disregard for voter fraud and allows any party by sheer force of fraudulent numbers to compromise the entire system. I bet they keep these non-ID laws in place for just that reason, they can pad the system from a distance and simply UPS the votes to ballot stations.

Cheers - Dave

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by bobs_uruncle

How about it.

I will be back Faster than you can say Furious.

About about messed myself on that one.

TOOOOOO FUNNNY

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
The video is hilarious
S-n-F

I never did get what the big deal about the immigration laws was. The term is illegal immigrant right? I know Hispanics were upset because they were being asked for proof that they were here legally, but hey, I'm white and every time I've ever talked to a cop the first thing they ask for is ID. I can see the potential for abuse/racial profiling by the police, but whatever, we are heading for a police state already.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JeffreyCH

I'm white and every time I've ever talked to a cop the first thing they ask for is ID.

Exactly. Nail-on-head!!! Star.

Holders/Obama Administration argument just doesn't and can't hold water.

Just what does it say about the "classes" of people they keep saying would be harmed by voter ID.

"You to stupid to get an ID?" "Or, there aren't enough social services that would somehow be able to help these people obtain an ID.... I mean almost every state that is requiring ID have had the law on the books.

WAKE UP PEOPLE> If you are that incompetent or lazy... we don't want you voting anyway...

What is not being said that EVERY ONE of the states that want ID will let people vote.... but they are going to ensure who you are-one way or another. If not, your ballot won't be counted.

There is some responsibility that comes along with being a US voting citizen. Honest to pete.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
It could be that they are just out of money and can't continue suing anyone even if they wanted to... it's easier for the government to say they will stop funding the Justice Department and just go back to ignoring the immigration problem, which doesn't cost them a dime.

I bet Obama got a call from Bernanke...

"Hey man, you can't keep spending money on these silly problems, we've got hungry elites to feed!"

~Namanste

top topics

join