It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Suspicious Death of MI6 Agent Gareth Williams..

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 28 2012 @ 03:52 AM
link   
I'm currently reading 'Secret Affairs: Britain's Collusion with Radical Islam' by Mark Curtis, and it struck me, that if Williams loyalty ultimately lay with MI5, and it's objective to defend the realm, then that would provide MI6 with sufficient grounds to eradicate him as a threat to their quite different objectives.

posted on Aug, 15 2012 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Galactus76

This is the purple elephant in the room that everyone seems to be overlooking.

Gareth met EIGHT times,all in very brief (less than 5 minutes) coffee shop meetings, with these people. I think it's pretty clear he was either a double agent or some foreign intelligence service was blackmailing him and they later took him out.

Another strange thing, the "Mediterranean man" looks EXACTLY like the manager of my local Taco Bell. Oh it gets better, this particular Taco Bell was undergoing remodeling/renovation (into the new, more upscale restaurant design) at the time of Gareth's murder and did not reopen until mid October 2010. Im not joking, I am 110% convinced it's him.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
For anyone who followed this case in anyway whatsoever..

MI6 co-operates with police over Gareth Williams death

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
For anyone who followed this case in anyway whatsoever..

MI6 co-operates with police over Gareth Williams death

I was recently talking to someone about this. Evidently, recently the SAS have been following Mossad's lead and carrying out armed robberies on banks suspected of holding 'terrorist' organisation funds. They have no power to freeze accounts, so instead, they rob the vault of a sum equivalent to the sum that they know the organisation has in deposits. Presumably, the theory is that the banks will be less inclined to deal with those terrorists. Plus it funds the intelligence agencies that are in opposition, giving them more welly in covert and unsanctioned operations where they can't obtain 'legitimate' funding.

If MI6 are indeed being cooperative with police, we can assume that whatever Williams was working on, which we really know was tracking financial assets through covert listening surveillance, that it is no longer operational, and they have nothing to hide anymore because they have tied up all the loose ends and squirrelled them away where they can't talk.

Bless their cotton socks. The City can sleep well tonight.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great find and thanks for the reminder.

reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Informative and insightful post and some really valid and salient points.

I suspect that even with MI6's full 'cooperation' we will never get to the bottom of this and the 'truth' will only be what 'they' want us to know.

Are the banks that the SAS have been robbing in or outside the UK?
Obviously there has been minimal publicity about this - I suspect that the banks don't want this becoming common knowledge and neither do the security services, Special Forces and the terrorists.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn
reply to post by Rising Against

Great find and thanks for the reminder.

reply to post by KilgoreTrout

Are the banks that the SAS have been robbing in or outside the UK?
Obviously there has been minimal publicity about this - I suspect that the banks don't want this becoming common knowledge and neither do the security services, Special Forces and the terrorists.

Ever consider that it is just a fabricated story? Pure fantasy invented for hype. It wasn't so long ago that someone came up with a story of SAS caught planting bombs in Iraq to feed the insurgency and cause tensions between the various militias and religious groups. Sometimes people's imaginations just run riot.

posted on Nov, 1 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

Of course I've considered it - that's one of the reasons that I asked for more details.

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:18 PM
link   
www.dailymail.co.uk...
An interesting update perhaps

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Brilliant recap of this case provided in this thread.

A bit of a strange article today on Bill clinton apparently being hacked.

who is the mystery source? Surely it must be the 'friend' who asked for the hack to be done? Unless the purpose of this info release is to scare the 'friend'?
www.dailymail.co.uk...

edit on 30-8-2015 by Loopdaloop because: ???

posted on Aug, 30 2015 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Biliverdin
I'm currently reading 'Secret Affairs: Britain's Collusion with Radical Islam' by Mark Curtis, and it struck me, that if Williams loyalty ultimately lay with MI5, and it's objective to defend the realm, then that would provide MI6 with sufficient grounds to eradicate him as a threat to their quite different objectives.

Whats the different objectives of mi5 and mi6?

posted on Sep, 21 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   
www.msn.com...

An update to the strange sad death of Gareth Williams

posted on Oct, 26 2015 @ 03:17 AM
link   
www.msn.com... ims-former-kgb-agent/ar-BBmoiNp

Yet more information to add to the mix of confusion and intrigue

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join