It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

May 20, 2012, The Great Earthquake may actually happen

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
According to one report, on the 20th of May (or at least during the G-8 summit or Nato summit), President Obama will be turning the tables on the corporations that take us to war. The report says that Obama is one of the white hats that are arresting the bankers and will soon clean house in Washington. This report comes from Bill Brockbader aka Bill Wood; have no idea who he is. Perhaps this is the theatre Nostradamus is referring to. Anyway here is the link...

Is the real Obama about to stand up?

Ran across this a few hours ago. Listen to the mp3s; it's pretty wild...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nydsdan

Originally posted by gwydionblack
Might be going out on a limb in saying this but it is just something that came into my head, thought I would share.

It will ruin the great theater filled:

en.wikipedia.org...

First thing that came to my mind when I read the quatrain. That's my bet.

yeah lets see if anything even does happen, like all prophecies have failed, this one i am more curious about bec there is a solar eclipse and alignment of the sun , earth and Pleiades. Also June 4 there will be a partial lunar eclipse and June 5 to 6 will be Venus transit. Something significant will happen around June 4-6 two eclipses. And Venus transit is a rare one. Lets see what it brings for humanity.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It looks as if the new madrid is waking up..... Not sure what will be around the corner if anything but... Its not looking good. earthquake.usgs.gov...

Yesterday a neighbor of mine awoke to a mound in his yard. Fresh water was seeping through the ground and running off to a near by drain. I wondered then why a pipe busted.... And still wonder...

Curiosity made me come in the house to check quake activity and sure enough the new madrid is active. Now i am not saying its related... Not at all, just made me wonder and come in to check the activity.

Hopefully the new madrid will go back to sleep. Also, there is no reason for me to think that cali and the new madrid wont go off in concert with each other. Talk about devestating!!!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MamaJ
It looks as if the new madrid is waking up..... Not sure what will be around the corner if anything but... Its not looking good. earthquake.usgs.gov...

Yesterday a neighbor of mine awoke to a mound in his yard. Fresh water was seeping through the ground and running off to a near by drain. I wondered then why a pipe busted.... And still wonder...

Curiosity made me come in the house to check quake activity and sure enough the new madrid is active. Now i am not saying its related... Not at all, just made me wonder and come in to check the activity.

Hopefully the new madrid will go back to sleep. Also, there is no reason for me to think that cali and the new madrid wont go off in concert with each other. Talk about devestating!!!

Hey I have been following Earthquake too and yes I feel the same way about the Madrid fault line. Here is a better website if you want to track earthquakes and exact positions. quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by storm2012

Originally posted by MamaJ

Hey I have been following Earthquake too and yes I feel the same way about the Madrid fault line. Here is a better website if you want to track earthquakes and exact positions. quakes.globalincidentmap.com...

Yeah, i like that site too. I like it better because i see them all no matter how big or small. The U.S. is definitely waking up more..... Hopefully its just to stretch a little and fall back to sleep.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ
I just looked at your link, as well as the one at quakes.globalincidentmap.com... . I saw something that wo9rries me:

MAP 4.3 2012/05/10 23:45:45 -6.218 130.557 150.7 BANDA SEA
MAP 3.1 2012/05/10 22:54:06 38.807 -87.460 11.0 INDIANA
MAP 2.7 2012/05/10 22:07:20 38.816 -87.465 8.8 INDIANA
MAP 3.9 2012/05/10 21:14:32 35.538 -96.782 6.8 OKLAHOMA
Source: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Indiana. Some time back I posted a thread called Cracking an Eggshell? The premise was that I saw what appeared to be a structural weakness in the North American tectonic plate structure running along the Mississippi River, through the Great Lakes, and out the St. Lawrence River. Indiana, or more accurately the American Midwest, was the only thing holding the two sub-plates together. I stated in that thread that I would be watching for a series of disturbances in the Midwest.

Now I see two quakes in Indiana, not to mention a couple in OK (Oklahoma 4.0, 5/10/12). Oklahoma appears to have developed a side crack splintering off from the primary fault (no doubt due to fracking), making it an indicator of potential stress buildup along the New Madrid.

Even without the prophesies previously discussed herein, I would be concerned about these Indiana quakes. If that last section of land cracks, we have another San Andreas running right down the middle of the country and redistributed forces worldwide as it slips.

TheRedneck

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Just to expand a little on something Redneck said earlier in a very well laid out bit of information

There has been an awful lot of siesmic activity recently in and around the eastern mediterranean / holy land. Not many big ones, but nevertheless a lot of activity.
Santorini in Greece has also been grumbling recently, nevermind Etna.

hisz.rsoe.hu...

The place is also amok with troops, peace keeping or otherwise, and has been for ages. The G8 occurs on May 18th and 19th, so enough time for a human reaction to a "bad idea" proposed there.

Just for good measure add in the vibe in Greece at the moment, and recent events in Syria and you have a wide reaching tinderbox.
So my call would be eastern mediterranean / holy land.

Oh and KK37 is about then, but admittedly on the 19th, but 4183 Cuno whizzes past on 20th. (NEO)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheRedneck
reply to post by MamaJ
I just looked at your link, as well as the one at quakes.globalincidentmap.com... . I saw something that wo9rries me:

MAP 4.3 2012/05/10 23:45:45 -6.218 130.557 150.7 BANDA SEA
MAP 3.1 2012/05/10 22:54:06 38.807 -87.460 11.0 INDIANA
MAP 2.7 2012/05/10 22:07:20 38.816 -87.465 8.8 INDIANA
MAP 3.9 2012/05/10 21:14:32 35.538 -96.782 6.8 OKLAHOMA
Source: earthquake.usgs.gov...

Indiana. Some time back I posted a thread called Cracking an Eggshell? The premise was that I saw what appeared to be a structural weakness in the North American tectonic plate structure running along the Mississippi River, through the Great Lakes, and out the St. Lawrence River. Indiana, or more accurately the American Midwest, was the only thing holding the two sub-plates together. I stated in that thread that I would be watching for a series of disturbances in the Midwest.

Now I see two quakes in Indiana, not to mention a couple in OK (Oklahoma 4.0, 5/10/12). Oklahoma appears to have developed a side crack splintering off from the primary fault (no doubt due to fracking), making it an indicator of potential stress buildup along the New Madrid.

Even without the prophesies previously discussed herein, I would be concerned about these Indiana quakes. If that last section of land cracks, we have another San Andreas running right down the middle of the country and redistributed forces worldwide as it slips.

TheRedneck

I totally agree..... There are obvious reasons to be concerned. I will definitely be paying attention to the ground below.

Even though i am sure its not related... My neighbors yard buckled yesterday with hours of fresh water creating a mound. Why? A pipe busted...... I wonder why now... Is there any way possible it could be because of movement? I doubt it but like i said i will definitely be paying more attention to signs as i live in Nashville, TN.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Mufcutcakeyumyum

Since we are discussing prophesy in this thread...

I firmly believe prophesy is limited geographically by areas the prophet has some stake in. For example, it would be unusual for someone in China to foresee happenings in South America; their prophesies would likely center around Asia. That's not to say it couldn't happen, but only that it seems to be far less likely.

Nostradamus' prophesies centered around France/Europe and, strangely enough, the New World (America). Edgar Cayce spoke almost exclusively of America. Biblical prophesies have tended to be centered around the Hebrew/Jewish people and their surroundings (Middle East).

From Revelation 6:12:

And I beheld when he had opened the sixth seal, and, lo, there was a great earthquake; and the sun became black as sackcloth of hair, and the moon became as blood;
Source: www.blueletterbible.org...

That earthquake is almost certainly centered in the Middle East.

That's why I think Nostradamus may have been speaking about the New Madrid, and specifically the Chicago summits. But there are those prophesies like the one I posted above, that do center on the Holy Land... yet to come IMHO, but still lying there in wait. Is it any surprise that there are rumblings?

TheRedneck

posted on May, 13 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

I am very curious...Did you ever find out what happened to your neighbors yard????

2nd.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

read this and look at the date, when i read it first i read may 20 2012 , but yea a Earthquake in Syria may 20 1202 happened. Killed many people.
edit on 14-5-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

No actually I havent but I do intend on asking.....its been raining all weekend plus I have been a busy bee so when I do find out I will let this thread know. I was hoping someone would know how that could have happened. All i can think of with limited knowledge in that field is.... The pipe had to have busted but the why has me stumped.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 07:37 AM
link   
5 more days for the eclipse to occur and the planets to align , please post a reply if you have any predictions

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I'm not too sure if I subscribe to prophecies in general. I do however believe in cyclical events and have certain tolerance on exact dates for things to happen again . I do believe in humans ability to interpret the recurring nature of said events, ie there are a lot of smart cookies past & present that by either pure luck or sheer prodigious brilliance can predict something to happen near to or on a specific date.

In the same breath though I do not take our measurement of date/time too seriously purely because it's a man made unit of measure and is generally simplistic albeit convenient for us to make sense of seasons and mark recurring milestones, hence my tolerance.

So I think anyone with an ability to consider many factors internal to earth & external while researching past events could possibly commence to see patterns or behaviours and pass them of as prophecy.

I'm unsure how far you can go back though, for example something that happened on May 20th 647,988 BC may or may not be on a cycle of 650000 years which may coincide with an event months later thats on a 34,002 year event, which could muddy the water a tad - it boggles the mind.

With that outta the way, I am new to this May 20 prediction / theory so I would like to know should nothing occur on the 20th (+- 7days ) what next? Do we just give it more time? Something is bound to happen right.?

I not having a go at anyone, I encourage data modelling (if indeed it is called that) and "stuff". Like knowing when comets and eclipses are going to happen - awesome stuff.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:35 AM
link   
No one has connected the dots between the moons travel on the 20th and west coast fault lines, on top of everything else? Could this be enough to push our faults off the edge?

Before I noticed that, I have been getting "feelings" of a big event to come this month, mostly the 20th of may and more specifically an earthquake. From the threads I have seen lately (human seismograph and another one) I'm not the only one. Lot going down this month, be safe and prepared, as always.

Moon travel

Faults

also would like to add, BP is doing temporary fixes on many refinery's on the west coast(prepare for imminent earthquake?). All west coast states have a much higher average price on gasoline.

May 20th has history of earthquakes, oddly.

An earthquake that hit Antioch, Syria on May 20, 526 AD killed 250000 people.

A killer earthquake that rocked Near East and the Mediterranean region on May 20, 1202 killed 1.1 million people and leaving thousands of homeless families. It’s the deadliest earthquake so far.

May 20th,1293 Earthquake strikes Kamakura Japan, 30,000 killed

Roughly 700 years after 526 quake, those two come. Been roughly 700 years since a major quake on the 20th of may, if I'm not mistaken. Just speculation.

edit on 5/16/2012 by SSDDay because: (no reason given)

edit on 5/16/2012 by SSDDay because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

nice one.
links too.

Would unusual tides have an impact on fault lines too?
Apologies if my dumb question insults anyones intelligence

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by one_small_step

I added more, check the event history of may 20th.

I believe it would, although I'm no expert, but if they were unusually high that would cause more pressure on the plates, one would think.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by SSDDay

Cheers again bud, oddly enough May 20th hasn't been a good day for earth.

Wow 1.1m killed that is shocking and so sad.

I'll keep watching / looking.

posted on May, 16 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
These threads always get my hopes up....I have all that i need to watch the big show...but then the show gets canceled....

I have tickets to front row seats.....but one team fails to show for the main event....

I hope your right, i really do....if not..then I will just have to trudge along like the rest of us until the grand finale.

posted on May, 18 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vandettas
I don't think any earthquake predictions put on ATS ever came true. Unless someone
twisted and bent the words of the prediction to match their desperate attempt to
fearmonger/troll like a pro.

Also, unless I'm mistaking, the solar system can't "reset". Its impossible to tell where it started, if its even possible
to tell "when" it started. Soooo.....

wow, you like to ASSume too much, being as you have only been in ATS for a bit over a year only.

I am not sure about this prediction from the op, or whether or not it will come true, but there have been SEVERAL predictions posted in these forums which have come true, including the one about the earthquake in Japan that would rupture the nuclear reactor. Ed Dames also said that eventually much of Japan would sink under the ocean, and this prediction, among many others which came true, was not only posted in these forums but the prediction about the earthquake in Japan was televised even in Japan a couple of years before it happened.

edit on 18-5-2012 by ElectricUniverse because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join