It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on pursuing a raw vegan diet?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Idahomie

A lack of energy is a common complaint in switching to a vegan diet.

In essence, many that switch don't eat enough (both in volume and type) of the fruit and vegetables required to maintain the dietary minimum in vitamins and minerals.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by silo13

Oh. And get ready to fart-a-lot.

And poop-a-lot.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

[/quote
"if a cow could eat you, it would."
based on that logic are you suggesting the OP eat Tigers & Alligators?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady

Yeah, don't. Cooking food is good. It's important. And remember, if a cow could eat you, it would.

Pretty sure the cow isn't considering it's own health as he gnaws down on my skull. And I know for a fact, the cow wouldn't be salivating at the thought of deep fried mainidh.

Also, give a cow a paddock and it doesn't want to eat me.

Humans have more food at their disposal that rather than consume it, we throw it away once it gets a little bit cold. We don't eat to survive, we eat because we feel superior to everything around us. Hell, we'd eat gold if we could, and some idiots even do eat metals... for the publicity.

The contamination of our food chain, be it from pollution OR included hormones, et al, is not doing us any good.

I'd challenge the veracity of the OP's claims, that the raw vegan diet has resulted in such benefits. I'd wager it was not eating the plethora of crap that is mass produced via hormones that grow fatter animals, where animals are kept in confined places the entire life, where the food is then treated chemically, packaged en masse, and sent around the world frozen.

I'd wager that eating a healthy omnivorous lifestyle, with meat you raise yourself, vegetables you grow yourself, and in an entirely sustainable manner, people would find the same benefits.

*Note, I said Healthy. none of this super size me on cow style guff *

Who benefits by keeping society healthy??? Ask yourself that.

Now who benefits if we're constantly sick... constantly malnourished.. constantly obese..

you got it..
edit on 9-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Many advices here but who has truly experienced such a diet? When you know you can talk.

I'm on a raw diet for 4 months and I have to say I feel really great. Dead flesh doesn't attract me anymore at all. Even the smell of it reminds me of a cadaver. Show me a monkey eating a cow or a sheep and I'll believe you when you say we are meat eaters. All these apes are veggies and fruits eaters. Some of them eat termites and small vertebrates but they're mainly on the greens.
And I've never seen a wild gorilla cooking it's carrots either. Cooking is a ritual, nothing more than a cultural stuff. Cooking had come useful when the conservation of the meat was a problem. It kills germs and bacterias indeed. But there are no worms or rotten # in your oignons!

Think of it: put your favorite pet in the oven and see how cooking does not kill bindings between its cells and molecules...
Same thing with food. Heat above 45°C it and you kill 80% of vitamins and all enzymes that will then have to be restored by your body then. (which is exhausting and energy consuming)

Anyway here are my observations so far. And all I see is benefits

° I need less to feel refueled
° The cooking takes about the chopping time
° No heating energy needed ($$avings)
° Increase of energy
° Not sick when relatives all sniffing and coughing. I'm not even afraid to get sick I know I won't
° SO MUCH more economically interesting than expensive meat or ready meals. About 25 euros a week (organic veggies and fruits)
° Discovered new flavours

I eat fish sometimes though.

If you're young, healthy and don't have a major disease don't bother consulting a nutritionist. I changed my food habits overnight and I'm still alive. You need a few days to cleanse your body and it will adapt itself somehow.

And the most important: do whatever you're body's trying to tell you. If you feel like you need more veggies than meat then don't ask permission to other ATS members who never tried such a diet.

I often like to say "if mind accepts then body follows".

Peace

ps: experience it and you'll shortly notice wonderful easy sliding out poops. Perfectly balanced poops after a while

edit on 9-5-2012 by CityFarmer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

I would talk to your Dr. to see about any underlying conditions that may be compounded by such a diet, and who can tell you what combinations will give you what you need, or what supplements you may need. A consult with a nutritionist may be a good idea as well.

Good luck, but listen to your body.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Quite revealing how crazy society has become BTW. We should see a doctor to learn us how to safely eat vegetables when everybody finds pretty normal to eat burgers, pizzas and GMO's frenetically.

Peace

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I doubt a dietician will actually encourage a vegan diet. However, there are plenty of books (and magazines and websites) encouraging the vegan diet with all sorts of menus and lists and so forth. Making it raw on top of that definitely puts you in the minority even among vegetarians; I think everything raw makes you a "fruitarian" instead of a vegan or vegetarian. Heck, even cavemen or Tarzan knew how to cook veggies, so you're going to a level beyond that, down to the way animals eat.

I had heard that a vegan diet tends to be low in vitamin B-12, so you may want to get pills for that.

You read a report of people who were on a vegan diet for only 6 weeks. It is very possible that staying on such a diet for years at a time has its own drawbacks.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
I'm sorry I can't help you. I'm eating my Culver's Swiss/mushroom double burger I picked up last night but didn't eat. Culver's for breakfast... yummy

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
www.hempusa.org
has an vegan diet.
raw vegan.
amega has zero point energy.
if you study amega on youtube you will see that brocolli is an excellent storage tool.
these are the manna
alfalfa
bean sprouts
brocolli
cilantro
potato
cucumber
tomato
garlic
onion
guacamole
veggie burger

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I have a friend in Turkey who is raw vegan as is his wife and child
Here are some links I found which may be interesting

www.vegansociety.com...

goneraw.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
My advice is don't do it.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Please explain. Too easy to toss that out that way.

Thank you

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhorse
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

I would talk to your Dr. to see about any underlying conditions that may be compounded by such a diet, and who can tell you what combinations will give you what you need, or what supplements you may need. A consult with a nutritionist may be a good idea as well.

Good luck, but listen to your body.

None of nutritionists and Deititicians that I have contacted will even consult on such a diet. I'm having to do all the research myself... That's O.K. the more I look the more reliable information I find. I'm not going to make the mistake of not eating a well balanced diet out od ignorance.
I just can't believe that a diet that seems so natural to me is so frowned upon by society.

I AM so thankful of all the feedback I've recieved it's been a great help.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by CityFarmer
Quite revealing how crazy society has become BTW. We should see a doctor to learn us how to safely eat vegetables when everybody finds pretty normal to eat burgers, pizzas and GMO's frenetically.

Peace

Hahahaha... So true so true.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by libertytoall
My advice is don't do it.

Why? I curious to understand your viewpoint.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Well, I would say for sustainability you will want to research a variety of raw/vegan foods and meals. When I made the transition it was easy initially but became difficult over time due to lack of variety of possible meals. I felt like I was eating the same 3 things every freaking day.

Meal planning and prep are huge for the sustainability of the diet. Eating raw/vegan before you go to family/holiday functions is another huge one. Society isn't even close to raw/vegan dominant so you will find your self in situations where the only thing to eat is processed foods/meats etc...if you are hungry and didn't eat ahead of time, you will succumb.

Just a few of the hardest parts of the diet change that I experienced and how I overcame them. Also educate yourself on some of the raw/vegan core foods, as they might contain a lot of soy...which I personally avoid like the plague. Gluten and corn are another member of raw/vegan that I avoid like the plague.

GOOD LUCK!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:05 AM
link   
It would seem that I am unable to get my b12 requirements form fruit and vegies...

Any ideas on the best way to get b12 into your diet apart from cheese???

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by hudsonhawk69
It would seem that I am unable to get my b12 requirements form fruit and vegies...

Any ideas on the best way to get b12 into your diet apart from cheese???

Seaweed is rich in B12 - Also available in suppliments

www.livestrong.com...
edit on 10-5-2012 by artistpoet because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SpearMint

Well my advice would be don't do it, Humans are meant to eat meat, our bodies have evolved to do so and that is how we're meant to live

You sure about that..?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join