It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitterroot Footage

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by GezinhoKiko
this is 100% viral advertising

looks very professional

only film i can find called bitterroot is a new film to be released later this year possibly starring Nick Nolte

but still it may have a different name for the film

If this is an attempt at viral marketing, it is a pretty good attempt so far. Here is what I have come up with thus far...

If you go to the actual youtube video and check out the description box you will find a link to the following web site.
Bitterroot website

This website has the pictures and the following video of the pictures.

I checked out the facebook page and there is nothing new there at all. Actually, it is the same text you can find in the Youtube descriptions and comments sections which claim this is not a viral marketing campaign.

So I dug around a bit and the conclusion I have come to is that this is a Viral marketing ploy and this is why......

We are entering the Summer movie season. This is a time when Box Office hits will make the most money. Kids are out of school, families take vacations. This is the time of the year that the money is made. This year's Summer Movie season kicked off with "The Avengers" Movie and it will end after Labor Day, which this year is on September 3, 2012.

One of the last movies of the Summer Season will come out on August 31, 2012 and I believe this is the Movie this Campaign is for. Lionsgate Films has about 13 movies coming out this year. Of these 13 movies, this one is the big chiller and is actually based on true events. So what's the movie??

It is called The Possession

And what is it about?

A young girl buys an antique box at a yard sale, unaware that inside the collectible lives a malicious ancient spirit. The girl's father teams with his ex-wife to find a way to end the curse upon their child.

Source

This movie is being talked about in horror circles due to it being based on real events. Here is an interesting thing I found.

The story is based on a haunted box purchased on Ebay that brings bad fortune to its possessors (2004 LA Times articles). It was eventually passed from one person to the next and causing all sorts of torment. The real-life box gained notoriety in 2004 when it sold on eBay after causing inexplicable bad fortune to its owners which were attributed to a dibbuk – a malevolent spirit of Jewish folklore trapped in the haunted box. My own personal excitement comes in the fact that I followed a now-defunct website (pre-blogs yo!) that actually traced the box’s steps as it destroyed home after home. I recall all sorts of terrifying accounts that ranged from “bleeding eyes” to an old woman appearing in the owner’s houses.

Source

Sound familiar? Furniture bought off Craigslist which contains a box? Girl buys box at garage sale? Box bought off ebay?

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

very well searched
it seems we have our film
looks a good spine tingler to me, cant wait to see it!

star for you MrWendal

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Thanks everyone for the info on this. Turns out its a viral ad campaign for a movie. I'm kinda stumped on this one, but hey there is going to be a movie on this coming out.

The video still got me interested and I still cant wait to watch it, only three more days to go.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MrWendal

Wow great work!

I think you hit the nail pretty much right on the head,great research.

I certainly can't wait until may 12th, should be very interesting!

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Well searching the IMDB I found a movie in production that happens to be named Bitterroot.

Bitterroot IMDB
edit on 11-5-2012 by spleenika because: forgot a t

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spav5
I saw this when they called it the blair witch project.

I am as open minded as they come...sincerely. But this has viral written all over it.

Peace

Yep i'm with you.I watched the "video" . And fail.I'm not going to some other site to see it.Thanks for wasting a minute of my time,op.Are you one the people involved with this?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
This is absolutely a viral ad campaign. The "Bitterroot Footage" was created by a film student in Montevideo Uruguay. His name is not Chad Logan, it is Dario. Apparently some people on unfiction.com did some internet sleuthing and with IP's and such and found all of his info, including his actual facebook page.

Too bad it's a hoax, it could have been incredibly interesting....

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
OF COURSE it was a hoax people! It's for entertainment! It was either going to be an ARG, a teaser for a movie, am viral video, or some kid screwing around in the basement of his parents home.

I don't think for one second anyone actually believed this guy actually had real footage of anything. If so, there are some gullible people on here.

I for one don't care if it's a hoax, I'll gladly take the few minutes it takes to immerse myself in it and view it as entertainment.

Cut this kid some slack.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nightstalker78

You are very welcome brah!
I was happy to assist you here nightstalker78!

As other members said, if i hadnt posted this they would have.
edit on 12-5-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

Look at it this way...I thought it was a cool enough post that I joined ATS just to reply to it after I searched it out. I don't think that anything that gets people thinking is a waste of time.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu

You are very welcome brah!
I was happy to assist you here nightstalker78!

Also, i think you just wasted the same amount of time replying to my thread other than not watching that video.
So I dont even know why you bothered replying to my thread.

As other members said, if i hadnt posted this they would have.

Yeah I think you misunderstood me.I watched your video.Didn't go to the site you linked because I wasn't impressed with your "video".Tell me again why this is in the gray area?

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by amongus
OF COURSE it was a hoax people! It's for entertainment! It was either going to be an ARG, a teaser for a movie, am viral video, or some kid screwing around in the basement of his parents home.

I don't think for one second anyone actually believed this guy actually had real footage of anything. If so, there are some gullible people on here.

I for one don't care if it's a hoax, I'll gladly take the few minutes it takes to immerse myself in it and view it as entertainment.

Cut this kid some slack.

You call that video entertainment?All I saw were words.Granted,I didn't go to the site simply because it didn't look interesting.I do find it odd YOU are telling people to give someone slack.Of all the things posted here,you enjoyed that?!

edit on 12-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Yes, i did somehow manage to misread your comment. This is in the gray area discussion because its well suited in this part of ATS. I wasnt a 100% sure on this being a hoax and a viral ad campaign for a movie and turns out which it is. And now, which i already knew that the members here would be able to find out more about this.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightstalker78

Originally posted by amongus

Cut this kid some slack.

You call that video entertainment?All I saw were words.Granted,I didn't go to the site simply because it didn't look interesting.I do find it odd YOU are telling people to give someone slack.Of all the things posted here,you enjoyed that?!

edit on 12-5-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

Yes, cut the kid slack as it's obvious this is buildup hype for some form of entertainment.

And, yes I enjoyed it. I'm a sucker for reality based entertainment and am loving the buildup to the "video" that is going to be posted tomrw. so, yes.....I do enjoy this sort of thing.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aktulu

Yes, i did somehow manage to misread your comment. This is in the gray area discussion because its well suited in this part of ATS. I wasnt a 100% sure on this being a hoax and a viral ad campaign for a movie and turns out which it is. And now, which i already knew that the members here would be able to find out more about this.

I guess you missed the "personal stories" part of the gray area

Anyway,nothing against you personally.But whatever that's supposed to be looks pretty boring to me.To each their own I suppose.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

Now is when it stinks to be 12 hours ahead of where this guy likely is. it's 12/5/12 today and I have to wait to be disappointed..

Lol for a moment though, I thought the release date mentioned on the page was dynamically changing because I could have sworn it says 9'th before... but that is more likely the date I checked when I saw it first. your OP says 12;th so.

it will be all about Calea zacatechichi... I know it... thats one hell of a bitter root.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I dont see it fitting anywhere else.

Well, now maybe the hoax section.
But oh well, I dont see any of the mods moving it when it first got posted so..

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

How about general chit chat or movies

I'm sure a mod will be a long to move it.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by spleenika
Well searching the IMDB I found a movie in production that happens to be named Bitterroot.

Bitterroot IMDB
edit on 11-5-2012 by spleenika because: forgot a t

Yes and this "Bitterroot" movie is not a movie yet. Even according to your own link it is in development. It's earliest release is sometime in 2014. No actors have even been cast yet.

So with that in mind.... Why would anyone start a viral marketing campaign on a movie that is not even made yet? I think it is much more likely that what I laid out is what this is all about.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Yeah, just maybe one of those sections ehh?

Anyways, off topic here but, Harvester of Sorrow!! (Your signature) Metallica, one of my favorite bands. :3

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join