It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bitterroot Footage

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
I stumbled across this website today(on stumbleupon of course
. Its about a college student coming across a wooden box on craigslist. Inside this wooden box was black and white photos and a 8mm tape. I dont know what the pictures are about or where they were taken but they are creepy.

There was no description about them, just one picture on the back had writing: "bitterroot." The video on the 8mm aint uploaded yet, on the site it says it will be up on 5/12/2012, just four more days to go. I cant wait to see it.

Here is the site: www.thebitterrootfootage.com...

Here is a video about his findings and a little background story.

edit on 9-5-2012 by Aktulu because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Im so glad you posted this! I stumbled upon it as well but I don't think I'm at 20 posts yet to create my own thread. It's really intriguing to me personally I think it might be something paranormal, maybe somebody who knows a lot about computers can do that reverse lookup on the website to see if it's created by a hoaxer, or maybe a movie promo. I'm stoked for the video release nonetheless

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Is a movie coming out?

This looks so... "professional"

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I saw this when they called it the blair witch project.

I am as open minded as they come...sincerely. But this has viral written all over it.

Peace

link   
reply to post by safetymeeting

Yeah, i was kinda skeptic also about that site also. It might just be a site to make money off of people who views that site. A complete hoax to get people to visit that site. Idk, there are members here who might be able to debunk it.

link   
I would say by the quality of the website, and the fact that he releases more information every Friday, that it is most definitely a viral ad campaign for some movie. If it was real, he would just post the video on YouTube instead of making a website with anticipation. Plus I'm sure StumbleUpon is helping the movie by making people stumble across this website.

Still very excited to see the footage though! Should be interesting.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Interesting likely it is what it seems, entertainment. He's probably a filmmaker student(nyfa.edu?), this would help his portfolio. Guess we'll have to see. So far looks professionally done(since there's not much to go on with footage) as opposed to real older footage or other. Thanks for sharing.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by faint1993

Did the website or video mention he was releasing what he found every friday? I musta missed that somewhere, also this friday is the 11th.

If it really is a ad for a movie, that would be great. I would go so the movie, the creepiness caught my attention.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
It appears to be a MarbleHornets knockoff.

www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 01:17 AM
link   
Doing a Whois search reveals that the owner of the site protected anyone from seeing his registration info with Whois guard.

Which seems fishy for a small time college kid wanting to share footage online. Of course I know it's a viral marketing campaign, but interesting.

He claims on the Facebook page that it's not a viral stunt, that it's just footage. Yeah.....right

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by garbageface

www.youtube.com...

Okay, I'm at Entry #16 (of 50+ entries) and sitting through it so far, I have to wonder what is up with this? Do I have to keep watching or can ya just tell me it's a gimmick.

Not to derail, but, you tossed that log on the fire.

Cuhail

ETA: Skipped to the end. I thought it badly contrived and predictable. The end proved it's only fun until someone gets hurt....then it's HILARIOUS!
edit on 5/9/2012 by Cuhail because: I answered my own question...Why am I writing this? Jeez, read my edit!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by amongus

My wife and I have many websites and many more domain names...We don't display info on any of them.

Well..a couple we registered(had transferred to us) through Go-daddy we give info..because they make you pay for your privacy. But the bulk of them we keep private.

Peace

EDIT:

And the couple that are not private..we keep getting bogus letters trying to get us to renew the domain name..there are scammers that who troll whois and gather info to try and trick people into paying them instead of the rightful registrar...so I understand why people choose to keep their privacy.
edit on 9-5-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-5-2012 by spav5 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:53 AM
link   
this is 100% viral advertising

looks very professional

only film i can find called bitterroot is a new film to be released later this year possibly starring Nick Nolte

but still it may have a different name for the film

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 03:53 AM
link   
Is either a viral campaign or looks like it could be a hella fun ARG.

If it's the latter I'm game. Bloody love those things.

Okay where's my geek glasses and tin foil hat. If it's the start of a promising arg I can see many lost nights of sleep on the horizon. Kind of reminds me of the marketing campaign for another film. I'll see if I can track anything down.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Aktulu

I've not read your post yet, because my head is flipping out.

I noticed the title of your thread before, hadn't gotten to it yet, and was just about to watch a bit of stupid on the telly, and accidentally hit stumbleapon instead of my tv guide.

The Bitterroot Footage is what just came up. And I swear I had not opened your thread, so I cant see stumbleapon using my cache history for info on what to dish out to me.

All I can think is that we've both somehow hit the same item id in the stumbleapon database.

I don't need any more coincidences like this, too many in the last few days. and too much PKD and mind altering stories....

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuhail

Originally posted by garbageface

www.youtube.com...

Okay, I'm at Entry #16 (of 50+ entries) and sitting through it so far, I have to wonder what is up with this? Do I have to keep watching or can ya just tell me it's a gimmick.

Not to derail, but, you tossed that log on the fire.

Cuhail

ETA: Skipped to the end. I thought it badly contrived and predictable. The end proved it's only fun until someone gets hurt....then it's HILARIOUS!
edit on 5/9/2012 by Cuhail because: I answered my own question...Why am I writing this? Jeez, read my edit!

Hey now Marbelhornets was a great game to play along with. Granted I lost track but.

Marbel hornets was one of these ARG. I was following it for a long time but that 'game' and this one are similar in appearance but I can't see them being the same people. For one MH played on the legend of Slenderman. This seems to be some sort of cult thing.

I'll ask around the ARG community and see if I can dig up anymore information. As GezinhoKiko stated there is a film called Bitterroot set for production but the storyline doesn't seem to match up.

Synopsis: Lee, an old, grumpy ex-cowboy, loses $30,000 to a fraudulent sweepstakes company and sets out to punish those responsible. Lee’s son, thelocal sheriff, is charged with stopping him.

Source from here

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by stefplz

yea it dosnt match up
so im guessing the film this is advertising will be called something else
but its 100% seeping, leaking, dripping viral marketing

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Lame... They made a facebook about it, its just gonna be a stupid preview to another movie, or a video that cuts off right before something happens and then they are gonna claim they have the other half but its damaged and being fixed... But whatever tho, ill watch it

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
reply to post by dayve

hahahahahaha

man your crazy!
such a strong first 2 lines then you rolled over and gave up

"whatever i will watch it"

but yea same here i will watch the film
im into films like this, paranormal activity trilogy, fourth kind, and yes even blair witch lol

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I was "stumbling" 2 days ago anf got this, but there was no thread here at the time. Im glad others have seen it now! I too think a movie promo or something. I googled it, only found a film in the pipelines with Nick Nolte, but it could be called something else.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join