It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel Threatens Iran Over Nuclear Program

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   
September 29, 2004
Fox News

JERUSALEM Israel will consider "all options" to prevent Iran from producing nuclear weapons, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said in an interview published Wednesday, marking the latest in a series of Israeli threats against Iran's nuclear program.

Concern about Iranian nuclear development intensified last week when Iranian Vice President Reza Aghazadeh said the country had started converting raw uranium into the gas needed for enrichment, an important step in making a nuclear bomb.

So will Isreal attack before or after the elections???
www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
*starts putting marshmellows on sticks...*

In the immortal words of a folk singer...

" I see, a bad moon a' risin'... "

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The Iranian nuclear program will be destroyed, likely within the next 6 to 9 months, if they refuse to dismantle it themselves. The Israeli's and the U.S. will not tolerate the Iranians having access to nuclear weaponry, period. Matter of fact, would you agree that henceforth no new members will be admitted to the "nuke club".

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I was under the impression there are no nuclear weapons in Iran and there will not be in the forseable future.

Also, hasn't Iran said they will allow inspections?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Matter of fact, would you agree that henceforth no new members will be admitted to the "nuke club".

I don't remember anyone inviting NK, yet apparently, they've gone public as a nuclear power now....

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Would you agree that henceforth no new members will be admitted to the "nuke club?"

I think we are at a critical moment in history. Before, when the Soviet Union and the US glowered at each other in cold war stalemate, many countries were satisfied to let their super-power proxies protect them. Now it's every man for himself.

If North Korea and/or Iran enter "the club" and are seen to benefit, every country on Earth is going to want a nuke.

It could very well reach the point where the wars to prevent nuclear proliferation are more destructive than just letting countries have their nukes and hoping that "mutual assured destruction" continues to be a deterrent. As long as we're dealing with countries, any country that uses nukes will have to face the backlash. Unfortunately, some rogue nations might give weapons to terrorists that cannot be traced back to any particular country.

On the other hand, maybe if we all had nukes, we would all have to learn to get along.
Well, not very likely, but we can hope. Otherwise it looks like a lose/lose situation.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SIRR1
September 29, 2004
Fox News

JERUSALEM Israel will consider "all options" to prevent Iran from producing nuclear weapons, Defense Minister Shaul Mofaz said in an interview published Wednesday, marking the latest in a series of Israeli threats against Iran's nuclear program.

Concern about Iranian nuclear development intensified last week when Iranian Vice President Reza Aghazadeh said the country had started converting raw uranium into the gas needed for enrichment, an important step in making a nuclear bomb.

So will Isreal attack before or after the elections???
www.foxnews.com...

Iran better start building more of its missiles
if it wants to counter attack the terrorist threat of israel

[edit on 29-9-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
"Terrorist threat of Israel" That comment screams of anti-JEWISH bigot just said something really stupid!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Matter of fact, would you agree that henceforth no new members will be admitted to the "nuke club".

I don't remember anyone inviting NK, yet apparently, they've gone public as a nuclear power now....

So they claim...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4
I was under the impression there are no nuclear weapons in Iran and there will not be in the forseable future.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Kriz_4]

They supposedly have a few nukes in there possesion, but some think that there just saying that to try to hold off an invasion and attack, and in the mean time there developing them. But there is NO 100% proof that they have nukes or are developing them.

Iran Nuke inspections

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Murcielago]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kriz_4

Just how difficult do you think it is to develope nuclear weaponry with third world nations presently building them? (e.g. France, Pakistan, India and North Korea)

They said they'd allow inspections. The same way Iraq allowed them. With constant harrassment and access denial to certain areas! If that's what you mean!

[edit on 1/10/04 by Intelearthling]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
"Terrorist threat of Israel" That comment screams of anti-JEWISH bigot just said something really stupid!

so if anyone says anything against the jewish they are classed as Anti-jewish

but when they start ranting on about attacking muslims then they are fine.
!

in my view the Israel's are terrorists and as bad as hitler
want to know why i feel this read the news ( www.bbc.co.uk... )
and read how many suvilians they have killed in the last 4-5 years

some links

news.bbc.co.uk...
news.bbc.co.uk...
www.betterworldlinks.org...

[edit on 30-9-2004 by bodrul]

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   

bodrul
in my view the Israel's are terrorists and as bad as hitler and read how many suvilians they have killed in the last 4-5 years

War costs lives as well as money.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago

bodrul
in my view the Israel's are terrorists and as bad as hitler and read how many suvilians they have killed in the last 4-5 years

War costs lives as well as money.

what Israel is doing to the palistiian isnt a war
if it was they would follow international laws
not spit at them

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
bodrul the "palestinians" want a state in place of Israel not next to Israel. Do you know that the Jews living on the British mandate called themselves Palestinians before 1947? Oh and you are, by confession, an anti-jewish bigot.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by verfed
bodrul the "palestinians" want a state in place of Israel not next to Israel. Do you know that the Jews living on the British mandate called themselves Palestinians before 1947? Oh and you are, by confession, an anti-jewish bigot.

i was walking down the street today and
these jews come up to me and ask for directions to a hotel or something for their religous thingy
i help them out tell them where it is

secound time some jews come by and ask for directions
and start harling abuse at me as soon as they see i am muslim

( i am not anti jewish ) i know a few jews that go to the same college as me and i get along fine )

new topics

top topics

join