It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Drill In Miami

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I don't believe anyone has posted anything about this so I thought I'd share this information.

Apparently there was a military drill last night/early this morning in Miami, specifically around Coconut Grove and Coral Gables. I was wondering if anyone in the Miami area got to see any activity from the exercise? Here is an update from WPLG Channel 10:

www.local10.com...

I remember there was a similar exercise last year (April) in Miami but it only involved Military Helicopters. Here is the thread I made about it:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

According to some of the people who left comments on Channel 10's facebook page, it seems that they went all out with this drill: fire jets, helicopters, flares, soldiers yelling out, gunfire.

www.facebook.com...
edit on 8-5-2012 by MWStargazer because: Grammar Error

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
interesting...

again??

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
1. Solar doom preparedness
2. Madrid fault preparedness
3. Economy crash preparedness
4. Just a normal drill to keep the soldiers fresh and prepared for anything.

I'm taking #4

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Crud. I don't even like their cover story.

The training features a series of exercises and scenarios designed to help military personnel prepare to operate in urban environments.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by MWStargazer

You are currently on the cusp for the 2012 Hurricane Season. Call it training and prep for the uncertain.

Tornado season has already been quite nasty throughout the Midwest I hope hurricane season is mild. Not sure what to expect this year. Just glad I no longer live in coastal SC.

Whenever I hear the officials say things like this I tend to think just the opposite.

We anticipate that the 2012 Atlantic basin hurricane season will have reduced activity compared with the 1981-2010 climatology. The tropical Atlantic has anomalously cooled over the past several months, and it appears that the chances of an El Niño event this summer and fall are relatively high. We anticipate a below-average probability for major hurricanes making landfall along the United States coastline and in the Caribbean. However, coastal residents are reminded that it only takes one hurricane making landfall to make it an active season for them, and they need to prepare the same for every season, regardless of how much activity is predicted.

tropical.atmos.colostate.edu...

"By failing to prepare, you are preparing to fail" Benjamin Franklin

edit on 8-5-2012 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I was thinking about that! But I doubt many people would buy that it deals with Hurricane Season.

new topics

top topics

join