It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Human Seismograph Says: Big Earthquake Eminent

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

That is really interesting. What is it about Texas? Are we at some kind of confluence or crossroads when it comes to tectonics? I need to see a map of known fault lines.

I grew up in southern California and I have family there still. One of the reasons I moved out to Texas a decade ago was because I always felt that Cali was way overdue for "the big one". A month after I moved from Paso Robles, they had that big quake that ruined a lot of their downtown and killed two ladies in a little shop I used to frequent.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkblade71
I hope your hubby is wrong but at the same time, I hope he is right.

Will keep an eye out
*pluck*

i now have the PIL song "rise" in my head LOL!!! www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by pasiphae

That's what freaks me out. All this talk about an "Extinction Level Event" (ELE) if reactor #4 crumbles and all those MOX fuel rods which were FRESH and never used are exposed to the open air with no water to cool them is really upsetting.

One thing about the time we live in, it is certainly never boring, is it?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

YES and i was just reading more the other day about how precarious that reactor is. one decent quake and POOF. they've got SANDBAGS around it for christsake. like that's gonna help.

i'm also very concerned about all the odd little quakes that have been happening lately. i have a feeling the next good sized one will be in the U.S.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:09 PM
link   

I'm a former West Texas resident. Man, I miss it.
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

Well, c'mon back then! It's not like there isn't enough room.

Interesting that you felt a vibration before the Japan quake too. I've noticed a few posters on this thread say that they felt things before big quakes. Perhaps there are people who are "empaths" when it comes to the earth's movement.

I am not one of those people. When I grew up in So Cal, half the earthquakes that happened I didn't even feel, and I slept through a lot of them while the rest of my family was panicking and yelling in the hallway.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have never seen that video before. Added to favs! that was weird, but good! ty!

When I was living in Alaska I woke up one morning and swore the trailer was moving. Found out later that I felt a japanese earthquake. That was after the fact though.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by njl51

Thanks for looking at it that way. If somebody is extra-vigilant because of this thread, and it helps them and their loved ones, then it was worth it to put this out for people to read.

Again, it may be nothing. Let's hope so.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

The usgs website posts global seismic activity . Its a great site.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I talked to my husband some more about this. He said that, before the Japan earthquake last year, he was lying on the couch watching TV, and he felt weird shocks. He at first thought he was having heart palpitations and it freaked him out. Approximately 6 hours later they announced the earthquake in Japan.

Today's incident happened when he was sitting in his chair with his feet up on the pull-out writing board of his desk. It was a series of vibrational shocks, and concerned him enough to voice it to me. The time was 2:50 pm Central Time.

We talked about how in the world he feels these things, and he thinks it is our location, on a hard, solid, huge rock, in which the ground is also very hard, and we are on a concrete slab. I don't remember him mentioning anything like this when we lived in the DFW area.

Also, in thinking about how some guy in Texas could feel vibrations for a seismic event that happens half-way around the world, we're thinking that maybe the disturbance happens deep within the earth, creating a harmonic dissonance, and the disturbance finds a weak point along a fault and expresses itself. Makes sense when you think about it, since the earth is one big ball. Why should seismic events happen in a vacuum?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Maybe he doesn't feel the actual quake in the earth...it being many miles away...but more like psychically, subconsciously or whatever.....across the cosmos....I know that sound bizarre.....but I believe things like that are possible.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
I talked to my husband some more about this. He said that, before the Japan earthquake last year, he was lying on the couch watching TV, and he felt weird shocks. He at first thought he was having heart palpitations and it freaked him out. Approximately 6 hours later they announced the earthquake in Japan.

Today's incident happened when he was sitting in his chair with his feet up on the pull-out writing board of his desk. It was a series of vibrational shocks, and concerned him enough to voice it to me. The time was 2:50 pm Central Time.

We talked about how in the world he feels these things, and he thinks it is our location, on a hard, solid, huge rock, in which the ground is also very hard, and we are on a concrete slab. I don't remember him mentioning anything like this when we lived in the DFW area.

Also, in thinking about how some guy in Texas could feel vibrations for a seismic event that happens half-way around the world, we're thinking that maybe the disturbance happens deep within the earth, creating a harmonic dissonance, and the disturbance finds a weak point along a fault and expresses itself. Makes sense when you think about it, since the earth is one big ball. Why should seismic events happen in a vacuum?

I know what he means about those shocks!
I have had them for years. For me it feels like you
just dosed off for a split second and ZAP!!
Never correlated it with seismic activity.
Although I get little versions of this when a large
electrical appliance comes on.
Oh and I say he's right on about a big quake happening soon.
edit on 8-5-2012 by sealing because: Info

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Darkblade71

haha!! you're welcome. it was a "punk" favorite in the '80s and early '90's. they had some other good stuff but that one was the most popular. there is a Muse song that gets radio play these days (i really don't like that band) and in it there is a part that also reminds me of that same PIL song (PIL was an off shoot of The Sex Pistols).

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   

In case you (or anyone else) are still looking for that thread, it's here.

As for your husband, it would be interesting (and useful) if he could really sense something before a large earthquake, I guess we will know tomorrow.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DontTreadOnMe

You never know. Sometimes he just "knows" things. Most of the time he is happily oblivious to things that happen around him, but if he turns his complete attention to something, look out!

It's an interesting theory that you posit. The human brain is an amazing machine with a spiritual component and connection to everything and everyone.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ArMaP

Thanks for that. The Search feature on ATS doesn't work for me, so I would have to look it up by Googling "alternative earthquake prediction ATS".

I plan on reading that right now.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
For the past two nights, i've had dreams about an 8.7 and a 9.0 earthquake. The last time this happened, it actually came true, but it was for an earthquake of lower magnitude; same number though as in my dream.

I greatly appreciate you posting this, as I am certain that a great earthquake will happen very soon.

I, along with many others I presume, will keep an eye on this thread for a little while.

S&F

Thanks again.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   

I hope he is accurate,.
I look forward to seeing the results

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus

That's what freaks me out. All this talk about an "Extinction Level Event" (ELE) if reactor #4 crumbles and all those MOX fuel rods which were FRESH and never used are exposed to the open air with no water to cool them is really upsetting.

One thing about the time we live in, it is certainly never boring, is it?
I have been prepared for nearly any type of disaster, except what nuclear can bring.. that will affect everything very badly..
also makes it difficult to survive..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Quyll

That's trippy. A few people have mentioned dreams in the past night or two of earthquakes. Let's hope it's all just coincidence. I mean, in a sense it's gratifying to say, "I told you so", but usually in those cases, lots of people have died or have had their homes destroyed, and there is nothing satisfying about witnessing human misery and despair.

I remember that, the day before the big earthquake in the San Francisco area (1989 Loma Prieta) I had visited a friend out there and had returned on the double decker freeway by San Jose. Within 24 hours, that double decker freeway had collapsed in the 7.1 earthquake. I was horrified, thinking that me and my 4 year old were just there, and if the earthquake had happened 24 hours earlier, we may have been the ones to be crushed to death or fallen off in our car into the Pacific Ocean.

There but for the Grace of God go we.....so let's hope it's just vibrations and nightmares and nothing more.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I think we will have M 7.2 + or M 8.0 + from 9-14 May .. UTC

You all know where are dangerous locations ..

Peace ..
edit on 8-5-2012 by lover088 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join