It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US commited "crime of the century"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 08:55 PM
link   
No it has nothing to do with what you beleive or were led to believe! All these wars notice how they occur in not so radom patterns through history. These wars are grand sacrifices, each life combined with hundreds of thousands can create energy. Everything is energy in essence, and with that they will feed the demon who dwells within the pentad.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Lurker would it be possible for you to provide us with the manner in which you draw such a conclusion. This with respect to the non-randomness of armed conflicts throughout history?

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 10:35 PM
link   
??? IM confused what did u mean

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Another cultural atrocity

www.iraqwar.ru...

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 12:46 PM
link   
You're so worried about material things, yet you aren't one bit happy for the people freed. What a pathetic little creature you are, Maku, you are worried about treasure and mourn the loss of Hussein, Hell, I bet you drive down to Dachau every once in a while and walk around, dreaming of the good ol, Nazi days, don't you?

By the way, the people are free, the torture chmabers are quite, the plastic shredders are not consuming peoplepeople's familis aren't being raped in front of them for not supporting the Baath party, and you know what, Moku? There's nothing you can do to bring it back. Breaks your warped little heart, doesn't it?

But hey! Buck up there, you little ray of sunshine, you! I hear they're still slaughtering and enslaving Christians and Animists in Sudan! That should give you a little happiness! Just think about that and imagine yourself sitting with your favorite A.G., Janet Reno, singing her favorite christmas carol, "Christians roasting on an open fire....."

[Edited on 21-4-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Yes it is a shame some artifacts have been destroyed and stolen.But at the sametime millions of people are free.No ,ore rape,torture or murder sponsered by a corrupt regime.
So what is more valuable,human life or some clay tablets?

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Clearly, Nyeff, to you and I the lieves of people are. To others *ahem - Moku - ahem* it is clearly the pieces of clay.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I agree TC.The Iraqi people have a chance for a new life,new government,a whole new book is open to them.But that is lost on so many people.Its a shame.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Moku who realy gives a damn about the artifacts. Sure they were irreplaceibly but Iraq is now free. Millions whop have suffered can now say what they want. You are just going to blame the USA for every single thing that happens. Plus it was'nt our troops that did this, it was the civilians.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
HAHHA this is great this shows we won the war. If this is the only thing the liberals have to complain about mean we were pretty much flawless in the rest of he campain.
Its not like we bombed the musem or burned it down it was the civilians who took it. What about the muslims a couple centuries back that burned the Alaxadrian Library that erased thousands and thousands of years of writting from the face of the earth many one and only one books burnt.
Also did yall know Saddam looted the musem prior to him hidding? Did you know he took hunreds of ancient gold coins and melted them down for his personal treasury. Wonder how many priceless artifacts he kept for his private collection????? Also didnt the Iraqis anticipate the war i think we gave them enough time to get the stuff out of there. ONCE AGAIN BLAME THE CIVILIANS NOT BUSH!!!!!!!!!!

Don't be a fool. If your going to blame the Muslims for it you better blame the Romans and Christians too because they had a hand in destroying the library also.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Illmatic67, words!

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
future, and indeed, also stolen knowledge and art from the world. Not the Iraqi people in general, but those few Iraqis who let their personal greed override their sense of decency... Perhaps they think they will not be judged by Allah? Placing the blame on us may make them feel better, but in the end...they have nobody to blame but themselves for such thievery....

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
Oh come on, this is nothing compared to the crimes Saddam commited. I see everyone blaming the USA but not Saddam.

This is typical of your ideas and beliefs, you think that the U.S. has done nothing wrong and is the saviour of world. Well welcome to the real world!!

Yes Hussein has committed crimes against humanity, but thousands of others have committed the same or even worse crimes, over millenia. Why don't you wine about them? Just because you have not lived during their time period and are not familour with their tactics and ways, you dont say anything.

This is an ignorant statement made by YOU.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I'm curious. How many of you that are squalling that the U.S. didn't somehow do enough to protect this museum was aware of its existence before reading about the looting of it? How many have travelled to the great and open Iraq and visited it and all the other cultural places there?

Sure, it is a shame that the artifacts have been stolen or destroyed. The fact that some will do what the rest of civilized humanity consider unthinkable is casue to sumarily execute them when captured. But blame the one s that should be blamed, the thieves, which are probably members of the Husseini Regime as Toltec has pointed out, and Hussein for forcing our hand after 12 years. We aren't repressive to the Iraqi people, and it is clear that we are going to be out of there fairly soon. The Iraqis are anxious to get about the business of running Iraq themselves and blaming us for whatever they can think of, just like everyone else in the world does.

Let me ask you something. Have you ever been to Iraq and visited the locals first hand, and not threw coverage of the war? If you have my apologies. But, please don't blame someone for not doing something that they haven't done, while you yourself haven't done it.

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
TheCatalyst don't you think its time to stop the cycle?

The UN was created with the intent that this would never happen again how long ago was that. The
funny thing is it never stoped, do you know
what the word "cover up" means?

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   

Let me ask you something. Have you ever been to Iraq and visited the locals first hand, and not threw coverage of the war? If you have my apologies. But, please don't blame someone for not doing something that they haven't done, while you yourself haven't done it.

That point goes for both sides of the argument.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCatalyst

Originally posted by JediMaster
Oh come on, this is nothing compared to the crimes Saddam commited. I see everyone blaming the USA but not Saddam.

This is typical of your ideas and beliefs, you think that the U.S. has done nothing wrong and is the saviour of world. Well welcome to the real world!!

Yes Hussein has committed crimes against humanity, but thousands of others have committed the same or even worse crimes, over millenia. Why don't you wine about them? Just because you have not lived during their time period and are not familour with their tactics and ways, you dont say anything.

This is an ignorant statement made by YOU.

First of all this topic is about Iraq, I am not going to mention Hitler in this or some other crazed pycho. So I am not going to mention Hitler or Nero or Herod or Stalin.

Yeah I do think the USA is the saviour of the world. With out us their would'nt be much of a Europe left. Without us their would'nt be so many high-tech stuff. I am proud of what the USA has done and I always will be.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Yeah I do think the USA is the saviour of the world. With out us their would'nt be much of a Europe left. Without us their would'nt be so many high-tech stuff. I am proud of what the USA has done and I always will be.

Come on, the "high tech stuff" was invented by Germany until 1980 and Japan thereafter, the US is only copycat-ing.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
was the director of that museum sleeping in a cave for the past 6 months? did they not know the coalition was coming? i'm sure they did. and if i was in charge of running that museum, i would have smuggled some of the more valuable things out and hidden them prior to the invasion. i do believe france's museums were well prepared for the german invasion in WWII.

posted on Apr, 22 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maxwell Smart

Come on, the "high tech stuff" was invented by Germany until 1980 and Japan thereafter, the US is only copycat-ing.

I bet your German. Who invented the plain, telephone, cotton gin, the automobile? Who? Thats right America.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join