It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michael Moore's next documentary

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:39 AM
link   
It has just been brought to my attention (through the Pfizer grapevine) that Michael Moore is currently doing research on a documentary of the pharmaceutical industry. Does anyone have any more information on this?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:21 AM
link   
This info is taken from here:

Oppose Bush's attacks on the protection of our children! Take action by writing to your senators and representatives to preserve HeadStart, or to restore funding for AmeriCorps. Support organizations like ACT UP that fight against pharmaceutical companies' patents on AIDS drugs, effectively making it impossible for poor civilians to save their own?or their children's-- lives.

He provides a link to this site, which is a "diverse, non-partisan group of individuals united in anger
and committed to direct action to end the AIDS crisis. We advise and inform. We demonstrate. WE ARE NOT SILENT"

Should be interesting...I can smell the anti-Moore's rallying around this one already...Personally, I'm trying to decide whether or not to go to his speech at FSU - I can imagine the turn-out will be 50-50 and may not be productive or worth going to due to all the people who would show up against the man....

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   

point made? his work's good, but he went over the top with this one. i fear for the livelihood of our children if he does a new one.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I think it's great that someone is finally exposing the Pharmaceutical industry for what it is.

it's a racket-- why can a canadian buy the same drug in canada for up to half of what it costs in the US?

I'm sure we'll get the usual Moore spin on it, but this is a serious issue that needs to be talked about.

I wrote a research paper on the Pharmaceutical Industry's practices- like bribing doctors, health care systems, etc-- and on the ridiculous patent rules that are applicable to drugs, but I can't seem to find it. when I do, I'll post it.

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Michael Moore's next documentary....hmmmm

Wouldn't he have had to make a FIRST DOCUMENTARY for there to be a NEXT one????

The only thing I've seen from him so far is pure fiction....

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Personally I love the work he does. He isn't affraid of anyone and doesn't back down even when it might be wise for issues of personal safety. I can't wait to see this.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Michael Moore is the Eminem of the documentary world IMHO

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
At least with this one he is staying out of politics, and going back to the good old days of 'Corporate Cops' and 'The Awful Truth'.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dakuma
Michael Moore is the Eminem of the documentary world IMHO

Your saying he is a master at what he does?

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ezekial
At least with this one he is staying out of politics, and going back to the good old days of 'Corporate Cops' and 'The Awful Truth'.

Some of the stuff he did on 'The Awful Truth' was brilliant. Getting a pancreas transplant for the dying man, that Sodommobile, the portable mosh pit, the African-American wallet-exchange program... good stuff!

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I agree, the African-American Wallet Exchange was an absolutely hilarious take on a very serious problem.

I really want him to get back to grass-roots and keep to comedy related stories on corporations. With politics he is out of his depths. After F 9/11 I actually grew to hate the man for spinning his webs of lies in an attempt to tell truth through humor.

posted on Oct, 4 2004 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bobbo
I think it's great that someone is finally exposing the Pharmaceutical industry for what it is.

I think the drug industry has been exposed. Being able to stop their power and influence is another thing.

Moore's attempts are less than truthful....I'll bet there's as much truth in F9/11 as there is in Canadian Bacon.

He thinks of himself as the champion of the average man, but all he is really doing is feeding his ego and his bank accounts.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Exactly. This guy does has never made a documentary. In order to do that you have to have these little tiny annoying things things called facts.....

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Exactly. This guy does has never made a documentary. In order to do that you have to have these little tiny annoying things things called facts.....

Denial, not just for alcoholics anymore.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wask: Yes I would say that Michael Moore is a master. The comparison may be of the "apples to oranges" variety, but it's fitting in that both share the same love/hate relationship with the public. My respect stems from their fearless pursuit of truth/honesty, no matter what people may say or how they react, what they feel is what they say. That takes balls and I respect people with balls (I hope I can say balls on ATS).

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Michael Moore's 'next' documentary????
NEXT???? He's never made one. He
wouldn't know how to. You have to use
FACTS and TRUTH to make documentaries.
Those are two words he doesn't understand.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Denial, not just for alcoholics anymore.

Apparently, if you think this guy says anything that is true

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dakuma
My respect stems from their fearless pursuit of truth/honesty...

Fearless pursuit of truth/honesty? Of truth/honesty? TRUTH/HONESTY?

Surely you jest. The man is known more for his half truths and lies then any credible factual argument. The man stands for anger, hate, lies and deception - not the nobal pursuit of truth and honesty.

Please, wake up to the real world.

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
[RANT]
Do you Moore-bashers even understand the inherent nature of a documntary?!

Documentary: A work, such as a film or television program, presenting political, social, or historical subject matter in a factual and informative manner and often consisting of actual news films or interviews accompanied by narration.

The level of truth a documntary exhibits is subject to the director and his supporting crew. It is also subject to your personal take on the subject at hand and any personal involvement in the issue that you have which conflicts or coincides with the information presented...

Regardless...Fahrenheit 9/11 is a documentary....a crockumenatry is something along the lines of Spinal Tap...and if you're comparing the two by use of your faulty judgement, then you need to screw your head on straight and look at the facts that are presented in the film...

The documentary has a spin, it is bias, but it is a documentary....think of Moore what you will - I don't agree with everything he says...but believe me when I say...F 9/11 is a docmentary damnit...

Those of you who disagree may now try in vain to disprove me...
[/RANT]

posted on Oct, 5 2004 @ 01:27 PM
link   
I've noticed that the majority of those who are bashing Michael Moore and F9/11, haven't even seen it, and refuse to do so. This to me makes them hypocrites and their statements and arguements amount to nothing but trash.

Also, I think his new DOCUMENTARY, will be called Sicko.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join