It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you press play?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No. No I could not.

I did some pretty atrocious things in my youth that I've never told anyone about. I'm a good person now, but I'm still deeply ashamed of some of the things I did in the past that I never want anybody to find out about. So yes, I would forfeit the opportunity to enter an afterlife and probably spend eternity as a ghost on earth lol.

Or I could distract God by dropping a nickel, then proceed to scratch the hell out of the DVD with my keys so it wouldn't work.

...which doesn't make sense. Spirits don't have keys.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Xaphan

it is amazing how no matter what absolute superior else creation u could invent existing, u would still more then ever conclude only u, as also a chance to fancy on the if u were

u r not a dvd, then from where that come?? even that dvd is superior to u since u see it, so it is enslaving u to it watever it would run
while u mean also a setting of others and a superior that reverse superiority to take ur life
and u still talk about u???

wat crap u r all

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xaphan

Or I could distract God by dropping a nickel, then proceed to scratch the hell out of the DVD with my keys so it wouldn't work.

...which doesn't make sense. Spirits don't have keys.
edit on 9-5-2012 by Xaphan because: (no reason given)

Nore would they have dvds after putting more thought into it...they'd at least have blue ray!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by wastedown
Now about the "All powerfull God", I have one question. If God is all powerful can he make a mountain so big that even he can't pick it up? If he can then he isn't all powerfull, if he can't then he isn't all powerfull, that alone points out to me that the idea is flawed from the start.

Just wanted that to have its own separate post. Never quite heard it put that way, that was great!

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LesMisanthrope
If it was an afterlife, everything of the previous life would be irrelevant. All worldly and human values and morals would be scoffed at. God wouldn't bore us with such trivialities.

If only for the value in the lessons learned through your own souls progression, wouldn't that be relevant enough? I suppose, if that's something you concider trivial...

One question though...why would human values and morals be scoffed at?

Morals and values are a major core of human understanding, and more than likely and other intelligent species we may meet out there that manages to not blow themselves up in their own progression before we get to them, or they get to us.

Morals and values are the model all religions are based around. Why would they suddenly be thrown out the window in the afterlife?

If you mean by pressing play, it would mean you've thrown your morals and values away... then technically you would have had to already thrown them away in the creation of the dvd to have something that incriminating for fearing everyone seeing it.

That still doesn't mean not pressing play will be the "easier" option either...technically in my short narative I didn't specify whether you get a second chance if you don't press play now. I suppose that's all up to the perceiver's beliefs.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Question.

How can this god judge his own creations, if he already knows everything. Whats the point of him making a judgement on something he already knows the outcome of?
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: spelling

I was thinking about this in a round about way myself when I wrote this post. The most logical reason I can think of would be if god wanted to make judgement a tool to be used as a learning experience for the one being judged.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I'm glad you would have the courage! Sadly, it seems there are still many that would rather hide from their mistakes then face them.

Thanks for the response!

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

so to u as a human u r here to learn how to behave morally and how to realize values, so u mean that god keep showing u and by everyone so u could feel ashame more till u learn those lessons after and after each other life, so u got a degree at the end certifying slave knowledge pass

u n ur god u wont ever guess wat i think u should end like

if values are to slaves knowledge then watever pretend belonging to gods race is the opposite

freedom is what is never learned

so all is to justify absolute crimes and deny the least right of being true for anyone even if human miserable awareness stand and even anything has the right to b true wherever it is even #

what is true is noone bc it is only seen in absolute terms so only when the individual is the most true alone that it could b true reality

then what force others presence over or even within individual space to see anything, is what is definitely always opposed to truth by clearly meaning to emphasize on relative reality as if it could b existing so according to its own wills especially if it got powers over those space

when truth is the exclusive value then u and ur gods are against values, which prove the statement i said from negative logics ways being right, god is the opposite to value, proven now positively in objective terms

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by absolutely

a mistake is when u do smthg wrong bc u r dealing objectively with else then

u cant ever be mistaken when u r realizing any alone, that is a fact absolutely known from any that dont deny truth being existence reason or that what exist is not what is created or fake

when u believe that all what is exist bc of god creations or some positive wills, then how dare u mean any value or moral behavior
since all is fake like to compromises it is then definitely never real, while u cant invent concept of value for forms creations
then meaning to learn values and morals from creations life is the edge of evil announcing the end of creations time

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Reply to post by mutatismutandis

In the US the average lifespan is 78.06 years x 365 days x 24 hours = 683,806 hours. (C&P from chacha)

Could you sit through a 683,806 hour long dvd?? If you could, would you sit through another one to see whatever someone elsr did in their life? Hopefully god has a condensed version of our lives.

If not and if everyone had to view these videos, im sure the theaters in the sky are still playing the ancients... Might as well get comfy and call that theater home for the next billion years while your waiting.

If you didn't have to view everyones life then I doubt anyone would waste their time at the gates of friggen heaven for a video that would be rather boring for sometime, unless your into watching baby crap themselves. That sounds fun...

To answer the OP I wouldnt mind letting anyone and everyone view my life on dvd (the condensed version!) Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by strafgod
Reply to post by mutatismutandis

In the US the average lifespan is 78.06 years x 365 days x 24 hours = 683,806 hours. (C&P from chacha)

Could you sit through a 683,806 hour long dvd?? If you could, would you sit through another one to see whatever someone elsr did in their life? Hopefully god has a condensed version of our lives.

If not and if everyone had to view these videos, im sure the theaters in the sky are still playing the ancients... Might as well get comfy and call that theater home for the next billion years while your waiting.

If you didn't have to view everyones life then I doubt anyone would waste their time at the gates of friggen heaven for a video that would be rather boring for sometime, unless your into watching baby crap themselves. That sounds fun...

To answer the OP I wouldnt mind letting anyone and everyone view my life on dvd (the condensed version!) Lol

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Ah, but apparently our idea of time is not how it it is with the creator.

Didnt it go something like this, 1 day with god is like 1000yrs and 1000yrs with god is like 1 day. I may be wrong on that but i will be corrected and thats a fact.

Peace...

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Any self respecting person could.I would absolutely do so.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
reply to post by NotAnAspie

dude what is it with you and masterbation? Is that really your only concern you have about this whole dying and going to heaven thing?

I won't lie... jacking it would be the most awkward part of everything. Hell -- I'm sure every single male on this planet would have that happen.

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NuclearMitochondria
I won't lie... jacking it would be the most awkward part of everything. Hell -- I'm sure every single male on this planet would have that happen.

"Mom put the blindfold on again, this is the part where I was twelve and discovered the bikini section of the Sears catalog."

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Wow... a 26-year-long home video. Torture at its finest. I haven't exactly been a saint, too, which is why I would object to being in the same room with a telepath, let alone have all that dirty laundry up on a screen for multiple persons to view.
Oh well, whatever it takes to enter eternity. Might as well sit through the orientation.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join