It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could you press play?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Deep Question OP.

I have always had some conflicting thoughts about the idea of "Heaven". Along with the idea of an omnipotent, all knowing, all powerfull "God". I was raised Christian, very strict Pentacostal at that and heard many times throughout my life after the death of a loved one "She is in a better place now where there is no pain or sorrow" and "Granny is up in Heaven right now looking down on us smiling". I can tell you that knowing how my Grandmother was, if she is in Heaven looking down on me there have been some times that she was NOT happy! I'm not saying that I am a bad person or anything like that but, she would be mad if I decided to sleep in on a Sunday and missed church services. It has been ALOT of years of Sundays since I have been to church, and that little "sin" is at the bottom of the totem pole of my misdeeds. So, if there is a Heaven and we are watched, that must mean that there is "sorrow AND pain" because watching me I know she would be sad, and I could never forget picking out my own mesquite switch, so if I ever make it I know there is some pain waiting for me.

Press Play?! I guess if the choice is that or you don't come in then I will press play, if it is all happiness like we are taught to believe what's to fear?

Now about the "All powerfull God", I have one question. If God is all powerful can he make a mountain so big that even he can't pick it up? If he can then he isn't all powerfull, if he can't then he isn't all powerfull, that alone points out to me that the idea is flawed from the start.

I guess all that is left is to try and live a good positive life and hope that in the end I go to a positive place. If the scale goes the other way I go to a negative place, as you can't have one without the other.

Without the bad what is good?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

Its not a sin to not go to church. last i checked anyway. i believe a church is a place you can choose to worship but, it is not necessary to worship.

Peace...

edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I suppose I would if god exists.
but i'd also demand a seat on the council of Angels or some bullcrap like that too.

what kind of heaven is that though? why the weird initiation rite of passage like some secret society?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
If it was an afterlife, everything of the previous life would be irrelevant. All worldly and human values and morals would be scoffed at. God wouldn't bore us with such trivialities.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

LOL... You obviously did not know my Grandmother, she was the type that if she stubbed her toe it was "that Mean Ol' Devil" trying to keep her down. In her eyes to not go and worship reguraly would be a sin and if you can't tell by my post I have all but completly turned my back on the Christian "God", which last time I checked in my Bible IS a sin.

That being said you completly missed my point. If any Christian is in "Heaven" it is my Grandmother and I was trying to point out that she would not be happy with the way I live my life so the idea of her being in a place with no sorrow but being able to watch over me conflict with each other drasticly. I know that is not what the OP was questioning it was just my two-cents.

That, and I saw that everyone already visited the whole masterbation thing lol, so while we are still here on Earth I don't really want to list my real "sins" (Statute of Limitations Etc.). I said I would press play not that I'm pressing play right now, Pentacostals don't really have a confessional booth, that's those other guys.

I need on old priest and a young priest.... Save me Jesus, save me Allah... Save me Tom Cruise!
edit on 8-5-2012 by wastedown because: for the reason of editing

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by wastedown

Sorry. i got what your saying though. I too have family members that are the same as your grandmother and they hate me cuz i dont subscribe to any religion and never have and never will.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
amazing again how u insist to invent anything in order to never say smthg absolutely definitely obviously clearly existing, why?? bc u exist from using what u know to pretend another creation upon it
ur sick circles ways of god are loosing powers, animal

everyone existence is his individual freedom that could realize an objective constant affiliation with existence reality, but it would b always in relative terms out of objective realities conditions to any individual body, ways before those bodies get birth as aware

so speaking about a god that mean to judge u out of what he did, is clearly pointing noone but # abuse to miserable conditions of conscious rights

u prove how all is evil in such absolute disgusting diarria terms, u have no limits of being #

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by absolutely
amazing again how u insist to invent anything in order to never say smthg absolutely definitely obviously clearly existing, why?? bc u exist from using what u know to pretend another creation upon it
ur sick circles ways of god are loosing powers, animal

everyone existence is his individual freedom that could realize an objective constant affiliation with existence reality, but it would b always in relative terms out of objective realities conditions to any individual body, ways before those bodies get birth as aware

so speaking about a god that mean to judge u out of what he did, is clearly pointing noone but # abuse to miserable conditions of conscious rights

u prove how all is evil in such absolute disgusting diarria terms, u have no limits of being #

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YOU FEEL IS OBJECTIVE IS NOT SUBJECTIVE DUE TO NOT HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF ALL CREATOR CREATIONS absolutely?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Question.

How can this god judge his own creations, if he already knows everything. Whats the point of him making a judgement on something he already knows the outcome of?
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: spelling

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Lichter daraus

You said it... I find it funny how people (even family members) can on one hand preach love and forgiveness which are the fundamentals of most organized religons but on the other hand can hate or condem someone for not having the same belief.

They say that some of the biggest devils are in the church, & I think they are talking about my mother-in-law.

I buy into the line of thinking that we all know right from wrong, we all have that little voice that tells us we shouldn't be doing something. It's the same voice that tells us that the tree branch we are climbing is to thin and we are going to fall. That tells me how important it is to do positive things, I mean it's the same voice that protects our lives that tells us right from wrong, instinctually. We don't need religon to tells us what we already know. The ancients needed mysticisim to keep them in line, we have the police for that now.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lichter daraus
Question.

How can this god judge his own creations, if he already knows everything. Whats the point of him making a judgement on something he already knows the outcome of?
edit on 07/16/2009 by Lichter daraus because: spelling

Maybe GOD leaves an area the wishes not to observe even if the could. Ignors or does not observe out of HOPE for his creations. Yes 1 feels the LORD does know but given the free will aspect the LORD allows for many of the creations to decide their own comfort zones/or areas they vibrate the best within. SO the outcomes may be known but the LORD may be routing for the best outcomes for the creations.

LOVE LIGHT ETERNIA*******
NAMASTE

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

HOW DO YOU KNOW THAT WHAT YOU FEEL IS OBJECTIVE IS NOT SUBJECTIVE DUE TO NOT HAVING KNOWLEDGE OF ALL CREATOR CREATIONS absolutely?

such hypocrite evil abusive head u r, how can u dare mean another as a thing that will tell u everything piece of # thing urself ?

missy, i dont know but what i do, i never feel, it is u the expert of feelings and being of
i see feelings as dirt that mean nothing but entertainment to # life

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13

such hypocrite evil abusive head u r, how can u dare mean another as a thing that will tell u everything piece of # thing urself ?

missy, i dont know but what i do, i never feel, it is u the expert of feelings and being of
i see feelings as dirt that mean nothing but entertainment to # life

absolutely, you still lost me. I dont get it but thanks for replying. You need to try to communicate a little more clear. I know there may be boundries so I dont respond to some of your comments because the read from them is different and hard to understand. So I ask you a question how do you know your right (OBJECTIVE) AND NOT (SUBJECTIVE AS WELL) about what you say thats all and you respond as you do. Try to trim down the respone and concentrate it better your points of views may be getting fragmented when reaching the interwebs. STILL there is LOVE for you
however you interpret it its ment to be good. Nobody is challenging your objective/subjective beliefs more less asking for you to provide CLARITY.
edit on 5/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:33 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

noone is challenging u either moron face, ur hallucinations of doing smthg here that matter even to u is the psycho u r, resonating ends bells loud

there is no objective feeling moron, and if a subject never feel then it is another entity called freedom that # on all subjects and any

OK, and yet you call 1 a moron as if you subjectivley know who I am seems objective to 1. With that 1 will allow you to carry on and call 1 names. Remember the Cosmos is objective to those within it. The subject of importance is WHO DEISGNED THE UNIVERSE AND WHY (could it be just to seperate negative and positive energies shall WE ALL* see), as its not to just be free within THIS KINGDOM of dark to roam as many feel they can. Be well absolutely your still related to the you call animals of EA. Thanks for the updated response. May the LIGHT guide you to a more subjective TRUTH during your phases thru existence.

edit on 5/8/12 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

o so u throw blessings of light to phases?? wat r u other then moron here?? why should it b proven objectively that u r a moron? u know also the judge of objective ?? o that is why all # is clearly objective i see while there is not even nothing else

look merdok, i dunno if u gonna have any phase but what is sure is that u r already stepping out of existence
have a nice journey urself, u gonna b missed but dont worry soon all garbage will join u out

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I'd happily press play.

And I'd happily remember all my evils.

Why? Because we grow. And we become more pure.

I've done horrible things I regret very badly, but I've also came to forgive myself and forgive those around me.

The recording would only strengthen me, and I know with my sense of humility that most all humans have done wrong, and will do wrong... it is not something to be ashamed of.

We are only human, after all.

Good post though.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is basically the life review concept which is an idea that I like.

I would press play, but it would be a pretty boring watch

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by mutatismutandis

Yes, I accept myself fully with all of the good and bad that I did. If someone doesn't like it, they don't have to watch. They are free to walk away. The most important thing is to LEARN from the mistakes, not to be ashamed of them.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

o really?? and from what fact are u stating or judging that? r u extrapolating and based on what ?

so u invent a script of being seen in ur head by pairs while u wat? god show them ur mistakes?? and u r proud that u r a good human that learn from mistakes?? good slave to super god teaching u how to look like good body time according to his rules infront of everyone?? and u see especially pride ??
so why do u invent all that crap?? bc u love ur reaction to it?? u masturbate each time u imagine this??
is that ur way to b living religious? to bring out some words stating kind of god ways to kiss each human good night ??

look missy, why dont u call ur god directly everynight, im sure he will come immediately, just instead of inventing such crap circles that clearly deny what truly exist, focus on ur will and u will find out how god is waiting for u as he said he is closer then u ever thought of always ready to please himself by getting all wat u can give

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join