It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If God created Time, how long did it take?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:35 AM
link   
If God created everything, he created Time...or the concept of Time. Well, how long did it take?

One nanosecond of a nanosecond is still a measure of time. A blink of an eye is measure of time.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
IMO God didn't create time, we humans/mankind did.

In the bible people lived for hundreds of years, compared to now, what happened?? was it that our perception of time changed????

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Theoretically, the Big Bang was created when God said, "Let there be light."

When the universe was created, so was time. It was simultaneous (from the theoretical viewpoint of a parallel universe).

That seems to be a logical way to look at it but I would like to hear other opinions on the matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   
It would take him 0 seconds because time wouldn't have been in effect until time itself, had been created.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nate329
If God created everything, he created Time...or the concept of Time. Well, how long did it take?

One nanosecond of a nanosecond is still a measure of time. A blink of an eye is measure of time.

God didn't create time in my opinion, we/humans created it. Time is purely a measurement. A year is a "unit" of time, just as a mile is a "unit" of distance.

I don't believe in God, because there is no evidence of a "god" ever exisiting. So, I guess God didn't create time, because god has never existed.

However, Time has existed ever since we decided to give labels to certain events, such as mid day. Mid day is when the sun is literally in the middle of the day for those viewing it.

Ah, this could go on forever

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Kriz, to not take a ruler to a certain distance, does not mean that this distance is nonexistent. If all humans were wiped out tomorrow, time would continue to move forward. Perhaps you are implying that the measurement of time is a concept of humans, yet, everyone already knows this.

It is clearly evident to anyone with a shred of intelligence that time is a constant force within our particular realms of the universe. This is why you age, this is why there is a mid-day.

To deny this simple logic is highly disingenuous, irrational and illogical.

No doubt, the measurement and consistency of time are highly subjective, though clearly, the existence of time itself is most certainly a universal truth.

.: end communicatoin :.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by MysticalUnicorn
Kriz, to not take a ruler to a certain distance, does not mean that this distance is nonexistent.

Never said it did, that is a seperate issue.

If all humans were wiped out tomorrow, time would continue to move forward.

Time would not. However things would continue to go about their business.

Perhaps you are implying that the measurement of time is a concept of humans, yet, everyone already knows this.

I wasn't implying this, what would be the point of that? Eveyone already knows this.

It is clearly evident to anyone with a shred of intelligence that time is a constant force within our particular realms of the universe. This is why you age, this is why there is a mid-day.

No. You age over time. Time does not age you. Time is a measurement. How many times?

To deny this simple logic is highly disingenuous, irrational and illogical.

I agree, why do you keep denying it?

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Kriz_4]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Sorry messed up the format of my last post. Will correct it in the morning.

Fixed.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
god dont exist so he didn't create time

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Time existed with or without humans... It existed for many years before humans came into the picture (we can prove this through microwave imaging off the Hubble, seeing back into a few seconds after the Big Bang). There is no concept of humans that include 'creation of time'... If you mean in the sense that we observe time and define it, then so do animals, who hibernate, etc..

One of the philosophical issues of God creating time is this;
'If God created time, why did he choose a specific moment to do so'

alternatively
'If God created time he must be outside of time and thus unable to interact with time, therefore unable to create time'

Imagine a ball that is locked behind a door that you can see (the ball) but cannot access. You cannot interact with it.. I know this is a poor analogy because here I am using two 3-D objects whereas in the argument I am using a 3-D object and a concept that only exists in the fourth dimension, but the point still stands

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
TIME is a human created concept, end of.

Processes would continue, we measure these processes using a MEASUREMENT called time.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by daniel191159
Theoretically, the Big Bang was created when God said, "Let there be light."

When the universe was created, so was time. It was simultaneous (from the theoretical viewpoint of a parallel universe).

That seems to be a logical way to look at it but I would like to hear other opinions on the matter.

OK. The Big Bang theory draws no correlation to the beginning of the physical universe and God saying, "Let there be light". In fact, the theory makes the distinction that God actually didn't say anything at all, and that the Big Bang was a purely physical process.

The fact about time is that it doesn't exist at all. Time is simply the measurement of our perception of the world around us. Time does not progress, the universe progresses. Time is a system created in order to mark patterns in our world, and compare previous findings to the present in order to better predict the future. We use it to develop timeframes for determining how and what types of work we would need to do to meet our goals and dreams before we meet our demise. It is used to divide the day and night into, "my time", "your time", and "sleepy time". It also helps us to not burn dinner.

With that, time is yours to do what you will. God did not give us this time, we gave it to ourselves. Take comfort knowing that if you feel like you are wasting your time, you truly are, and you owe shame of that not to God, but yourself. And maybe your children...

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Time is basically the measurement relative to the movement of stars and planets, so the post regarding the big bang is correct, That is when Time was created.

Eternity, is the absense of Time.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It seems to me that what we usually term "time" is a dimension in which events occur.
Or, as I once read somewhere, time is what keeps everything from happening at once.
That is, without what we call time, the universe as we know it would not be possible. All observable phenomena happen in what we have to describe as a sequence. Time certainly DOES "exist" or perhaps it is the very essence of "existence". Otherwise, what would there be? To describe something as a void is still to describe "something" To describe or observe a state of "timelessness" would take "time".

[edit on 10/1/2004 by jdster]

IBM

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:23 AM
link   
I have asked this question to myself many times. How long did it take for God to create time. The infinite power in him amazes me that i can barely begin to understand his wisdom.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Time is nothing like you you believe it to be. Your experience of time is your experience of time, a tautology yes.

[edit on 1/10/04 by Oddfellow]

IBM

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Time may flow differently for everybody but it is esentially the same thing for all in concept.

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:37 AM
link   
god created time but us humans changed it to configure into what we know time is today

IBM

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:38 AM
link   
Yes but that still does not get to the question at hand: How long did it take God to create time?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 02:59 AM
link   
God didnt create time nor did man/human, time was here before us and God, so how could man/humans create something that was here before we was?

It also depends on what you believe in?

Did god create us?

Or

Did we come fromt he sea? (Darwin's theory of evolution)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join