It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Few Question For Professional Tarot Readers

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by NorEaster

Is it a circle (6 cards clockwise) with a underline (4 cards, left to right) based on the following

1 - Deceased's purpose in your life
2 - What you're supposed to learn from the deceased.
3 - What you're supposed to learn from their death.
4 - Reason behind their death.
5 - How to use what you gained from the deceased.
6 - What the deceased wants you to know.

7 - The deceased's fondest memory of you.
8 - What the deceased needs that you can provide.
9 - How the deceased views you.
10 - Advice/Secret/Wisdom the deceased can share with you.

If that's the spread, then it just hasn't worked for me at all. It seems like it'd be a great spread, but maybe it's just too complicated and specific? Besides, it tries to address issues that I've never known the Tarot to be useful in addressing.

I'd feel pretty insecure trying to bluff my way through that spread.
edit on 5/10/2012 by NorEaster because: (no reason given)

You are right, that's pretty specific (in particular "the reason behind the death"). I looked in my pile and online where I thought the one I was using might be but, as it turns out, I'll be looking for another spread, as well.

From memory, the one I was using was a hybrid of the relationship spread and the one you posted above. As you know, the relationship spread is perfect for people like us who are simply trying to maintain relationships.

The closure aspect that people approaching you would want is mostly along the lines of forgiveness and love. They want to know if the dead is still angry about such and such and if they really did share love and forgiveness. On the spread you posted, 1, 2, 7, 8, 9, and 10 are all themes that were on the one I was using but also included elements from the generic relationship spread. One thing to concentrate on is a reciprocated approach to numbers 1 and 2. Most people want to know their own affect on the deceased's life and whether or not their life was the better for it. Most people don't want to hear things that challenge their beliefs so they don't want any truths about the spiritual realities that might be imparted so the more vague, the better.

You've prodded me into motion and I think I'll have to create a new one. If you do the same, I'd like to see what you come up with.

<< 1   >>

join