It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dont bother voting, America has no right & we're all doomed.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Affirmative Reaction

Actually, it was the Democrats "dirty tricks" that attempted to steal the election.

I have no affiliation to democrats or republicans, I feel Bush cheated, but I completely agree on the fact that both parties would have played equally 'dirty' tricks. What would it take to have a fair vote huh?

"He's a politician. That's a notch below child molester."
-- Woody Allen

[edit on 29/9/2004 by earthtone]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
In the past 10 years or so we have all come to realize that governments will use "fear" to benefit their agenda's. I'm definantly one ATS member who highly believes something is fishy regarding the 9/11 conspiracy theory and the following results/path that the Bush admin took afterwards (foreign policy, patriot act etc). No matter what, every single shred of evidence, even moments after the pentagon was attacked, i just dont see 60 odd tons of plane debris, and i have a harder time understanding why the terrorist would swing around to align itself with the newly renovated side.

But anyways, If Bush was behind the 9/11 attacks and is responsible for the deaths of 3000+ souls, wouldnt that be something the anti-christ would commit and use god's will to cover it up? Bush is the son of a former president, arguably the most powerful "king" in the world. As Christians/Catholics we're suppose to believe in the coming of the anti-christ and how the apocalypse will happen roughly 2000 years after the death of Jesus Christ. We know now that our calendar year is roughly off 4 years i believe, so does this not align itself with present day?

All it takes now is skull 'n bones to release a small nuke in middle America and blame it one N.Korea or Iran. Which I believe will spell the beginning of World War III followed by the reinstatement of the Draft and nuclear armageddon when China takes sides.

If you want to believe in prophecy, The Bible and Nostradamus are very credible sources.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by syntaxer
In the past 10 years or so we have all come to realize that governments will use "fear" to benefit their agenda's. I'm definantly one ATS member who highly believes something is fishy regarding the 9/11 conspiracy theory

Oh there's somethin fishy about the conspiracy theories around 911 alright. Like how conspiracyists instist that a passenger plane didn't hit the pentagon and that sort of bull

wouldnt that be something the anti-christ would commit and use god's will to cover it up?

Who knows? Why even think that there would be any anti-christ at all?

the most powerful "king" in the world.

'Cept he isn't a king. Also, the bible says that the 2nd comming would've happened within a generation after the first comming.

the apocalypse will happen roughly 2000 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

What? Since when was it 2000 years afterwards?

our calendar year is roughly off 4 years

What? Are you making this up as you go along? Since when is the calender 4 years off? And 4 years off of what exactly?

All it takes now is skull 'n bones to release a small nuke in middle America and blame it one N.Korea or Iran.

Er, ok. And is there any reason to beleive that they would do that?

Which I believe will spell the beginning of World War III

Sorry, WWIII has already started. The United States is engaged in a global war against an enemy spread out throughout the globe.

followed by the reinstatement of the Draft

Again, as several people have pointed out, Bush, and in fact the republican party, is not promoting or even talking about re0instating a draft.

and nuclear armageddon when China takes sides.

Why the heck would china even bother?

If you want to believe in prophecy, The Bible and Nostradamus are very credible sources.

Nostradamus is not in the least bit credible. His 'predictions' are coded, vague, and interpretedly differently everytime someone wants to make them fit some event.

The bible? Its 'predictions' haven't turned out correct or accurate either. Just look at the Tyre prophecy. It said the city would be destroyed. The King Nebs comes in, and, er, doesn't destroy it. The alexander comes by, and er, doesn't infact destroy it (3 hundred years or so later I might add). Then the bible said it wouldn't ever be reinhabited, when, infact, the parts of hte city that were abandoned were quickly re-inhabited, and infact the city is still there today. Oh, then the bible said a saviour who's name is Emanual would come along. Seems there was a guy named jesus, but now Emanual. Some people will say that emanual means this or that, and that it really refered to jesus. Nice prophecy, the type that can be changed to suite whatever it is you want them to mean.

So credible? No, certainly, obviously, not.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Nygdan]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

the apocalypse will happen roughly 2000 years after the death of Jesus Christ.

What? Since when was it 2000 years afterwards?

our calendar year is roughly off 4 years

What? Are you making this up as you go along? Since when is the calender 4 years off? And 4 years off of what exactly?

AND, if Nygdan is to be believed that the apocalypse will happen 2000 years after the death of Jesus Christ, we have only to consider the math to see his "prophecies" can't be present day:
Christ was crucified around 33AD. We are only in 2004AD. Assuming that the 4 years the calendar is off push us forward (not back, as implied by Nygdan's post) that puts us as 2008AD. 2000+33=2033 and NOT 2004 or 2008 or even 2000 for that matter.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mwm1331
My god four years later and still so much IGNORANCE

Give the guy a break. It's a little hard to get it all straigt if you were 12 at the time of the last election, you go to a public school in special education, and get all your political information from ATS.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Bottom line.

Go out and vote for somebody, or your opinion is sh*t. Don't blame just Florida for Gore losing either. If he carried a few more states, there would not have been a need for a recount.

Again however, don't complain about war, a draft,foriegn policiy, Medicare, the deficeit, ect if you don't vote.

Each person should take the time to visit each site or various sites for each candidate. Sorry, third parties are years away. But one vote can make a difference, as evidenced in Florida.

Do not listen to your friends, parents, teachers, coach, co-worker, no one. It is your choice. Only when we all finally can VOTE together will change be seen.

but it will never happen, if you don't vote..........

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Actually, it was the Democrats "dirty tricks" that attempted to steal the election.

I have no affiliation to democrats or republicans, I feel Bush cheated, but I completely agree on the fact that both parties would have played equally 'dirty' tricks. What would it take to have a fair vote huh?

[edit on 29/9/2004 by earthtone]

I'm still trying to figure out why you think President Bush "cheated" when the facts show exactly the opposite! If you have no political affiliation, then you would have to be on the side of truth. Facts speak louder than words, and the facts are clear. Gore thought there was a possibility to steal the election by asking for a LIMITED recount, only where it would benefit him! He went to court to ask for that, and the recount began with fraud on the side of the Democrats being the word of the day. Even after the attempt, the votes were in favor of President Bush, as pointed out by another poster.

So where, pray tell, did Bush cheat?????

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
Educate yourselves: George W. Bush Vs. Albert Gore Jr.; Supreme Court Decision. If you're going to argue about a "selected" President, you should first read the Supreme Court's decision for yourself.

Ahhh the good old days....I haven't seen a discussion about the 2000 election in a while...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Its all an ilussion. Thats all. And the polls all favor Bush, so they say, this is all mind control so people who are voting will think, if everyone's voting for Bush, then I should too. Its all a sick Republican mind twisting game.
And guess what folks? IT WORKS. People are so dumb in the US, its incredible. George will make an ars out of himself during debates, forget what he's saying, and come out with his incredible ridiculous crap which makes absolutely no sense at all...and the reviews will all give him a standing ovation. What a load of crapola.

Bush voters: Make sure your calendars are free for the draft.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
George Bush did not get to where he is by bieng dumb. The man may sometimes fumble with his words, so he is not as good an orator as say, BIll Clinton. That man got a BJ in the oval office and he can still command 5 figures for a speech.Bottom line is to get out and vote......and watch the debates, maybe it will change the mind of some of the dems' or repubs out there. People stated Reagan was a senile bastard controlled by his cabinet and advisors, but he in effect ended the cold war, right?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
George Bush did not get to where he is by bieng dumb.

It's good topic to debate how he actually did get to where he is today. My vote has to do with his family and privaledged upbringing.

He's been slacking off since day one!

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Bottom line.

Go out and vote for somebody, or your opinion is sh*t.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Bravo!

We the People can no longer pretend to have any affect on what goes on in our branches of government. All we have left is our right to vote for the lesser of several evils. When you forget this, you lose your right to have any political gripe whatsoever.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:50 PM
link   

My vote has to do with his family and privaledged upbringing.

It isn't like Kerry grew up poor...or isn't a billionaire today.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppodeldoc

Bottom line.

Go out and vote for somebody, or your opinion is sh*t.

I couldn't agree more with this sentiment. Bravo!

We the People can no longer pretend to have any affect on what goes on in our branches of government. All we have left is our right to vote for the lesser of several evils. When you forget this, you lose your right to have any political gripe whatsoever.

Problem is,

Dubya and the Republicans are already aligning themselves to hijack another elections by tampering with Floriday/Ohio swing states.

So really, America has no voting rights and we're all doomed anyways!

C'mon honestly, just read the links i provided at the beginning of this thread. 4 years have gone by since the most controversial elections in American history and it seems things have gotten worse for the American voter.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Glitch!

[edit on 04/9/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Can you say Seratonin Specific Re-uptake Inhibitor?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by earthtone

Originally posted by mwm1331
IGNORANCE

They used all the dirty tricks they had to get Bush into power, you cannot ignore that. All the 'half-punched chad's' and people not allowed to vote (more specifically the black, liberal voting populous) and now with that ludacris computer system (which was hacked by a journalist) in place there is little hope.

They weasiled their way in last time without getting the most votes, and this time they have had four years preperation!

Out with skull 'n bonesmen I say.

What happened, did you hear all the Democratic attak garbage that the liberal media gladly churned out for a split second, until they realized it was untrue and they (the media) didn't want to pull a Ban Blather?

Minoritues were not blocked from the voting booths, the honorable Florida Highway Patrol didn't hinder Black want-to-voters, the chad scene has been the same for years (The Democrats only cared because of who they were trying to push in *Cuts eyes toward Democratic county officials*), and the only thing ludacris (sic) is your inability to use a dixahunarie!
As I've always said, there really should be an intelligence test given to potential voters.

Just for giggles, please explain how the Bush regime has spirited their operatives into the Democratic counties of Florida to rig their voting machines, huh? All things considered, you'd think it would be a cinch that a Democrat would win in those counties.

The only thing that motivates your opinion and your vote is your hatred that is fueled by half-truths and lies.

I've said it before and I'll say it again for any new people here, I'm not a big Bush fan. It just appears that way because I'm constantly having to combat ignorance and hysteria.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:19 PM
link   

So where, pray tell, did Bush cheat?????

It is really amazing to me that 4 years after the most controversial presidential election in U.S. history, there are still those willing to defend Bush's appointment by the Supreme Court as a fair election.

The recount in this election was a farce. The total return numbers are completelely irrelevant. The proof that the Bushes cheated to win the election is 100% irrefutable, but it had nothing to do with the recount or "official tally"

Let's say for the sake of argument that it is constitutional to prevent a convicted felon to vote. Do you all know about the company Florida hired to purge registered voters from the voter rolls before the 2000 election? Everyone here should see the documentary "Unprecedented" as soon as possible, but until you do, here's what happened. This is PROVEN FACT and it boggles the mind that nothing has been done about it:

1. DBT Online did business before the election of 2000 for Jeb Bush's highly partisan Sec of State, Katherine (shiver) Harris. They proceeded to take a database of registered voters and purge the database of ineligible voters under Florida Law.

2. Under Florida Law, convicted felons are not allowed to vote. Close examination of the database they used shows that anyone with the same name as a convicted felon was purged as well, i.e. Michael Jackson the innocent eligible voter gets taken off the rolls with Michael Jackson the convicted child molester. Also, any "duplicate" entries were removed, making the problem even greater. To top it off, many of the voters "scrubbed" before the election were not felons, but had been convicted of misdemeanors. DBT got their lists of these "felons" from an interesting place... The State of Texas. (this accounted for literally thousands of voters, a high percentage of them African-American)

3. In addition, the database only contained a limited number of letters for each entry, and so many eligible voters were left off the rolls because their name showed up the same as an ineligible voter with a longer or shorter name, like "Jerome Strathmoore" and "Jerome Strathmoor" both show up as "Jerome Strathmoor"

4. In Florida you are eligible if you were convicted of a felony in another state, but anyone with a conviction from ANY state on their record was deleted from the rolls, as well.

5. There is a lot of evidence to suggest illegal tampering with the database to exclude black voters. A famous and common example were folks who had never been convicted of anything but had felonies on their records from the future! Like, 2007! Pre-crime at it's best. Many names are missing for no discernable reason whatsoever.

The bottom line is this: DBT Online did such a bad job with this that it almost HAD to be intentional. Regardless of the reason, Greg Palast, an award winning journalist with unimpeachable credentials, estimates that of the 140,000-odd people "scrubbed" from the rolls 5 months before the election by DBT online, around HALF were actually eligible to vote! It gets more sinister when it becomes obvious that around 57,000 of these names (That's right, fifty-seven thousand!) were black voters.

Even if that number is an exaggeration, even if only 20,000 or 10,000 eligible black voters were left off the rolls, one can see that Jeb Bush pulled off an incredible coup for his brother. Any reasonable recount shows Bush carried Florida by anywhere between 500-1000 votes. Well, African-Americans in Florida voted 93% in favor of Al Gore! If even 2000 eligible black voters had not been wrongly removed from the rolls, it isn't hard to see that Gore would be President.

The bottom line? George W. Bush carried Florida in 2000, but only because tens of thousands of eligible black voters were not allowed to vote. That's where Bush cheated. Jeb AND George. Don't believe me? Do some research and see what the facts are. It's probably going to happen again...

Here's a link to just one of hundreds of stories about this...

www.cnn.com...

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Clarification for voting and stasistics

In Florida, you can be convicted of a felony, but if adjudication is withheld during sentencing, it gives you oppurtunity to regain your rights. If adjudication is not withheld in your sentencing, you must apply for clemency to have your rights reinstated.

This shows that there can be a slant assigned to any statistics you could pull from convicted felons to convicted felons with adj withheld. You can slant any statistic to the side you favor.

No one, and I mean no one is kept from voting in Florida unless you

a. didn't register
b. didn't vote
c. could pull yourslef away from you soap or your ballgame or your latte to remember too

Vote vote vote, is all I can say.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
Bush voters: Make sure your calendars are free for the draft.

please even attempt to explain why bush would ever bother to enact a draft? The democrats are the only ones promoting a draft right now. saying bush is promoting a draft is absolutely assinine.

syntax
Dubya and the Republicans are already aligning themselves to hijack another elections by tampering with Floriday/Ohio swing states.

Your article states that in ohio, to gov is rejecting voter registrations that were put on the wrong paper. In florida, the article's complaint was that a democrat was in charge of elections!

Yah, that was what you said in the first post. THen you pretty much ignored every objection to that, and now you're repeating it again. 'Wasn't true then, ain't true now.

oppodeldoc
Let's say for the sake of argument that it is constitutional to prevent a convicted felon to vote

Uhmm, it is and its standard practice for the past several decades at least.

This is PROVEN FACT and it boggles the mind that nothing has been done about it:

People don't care about the purging of the polls because there are hundreds of half wits out there pretending that the SC 'appointed' bush, and most people won't even listen to someone after they've blathered on about that.

There is a lot of evidence to suggest illegal tampering with the database to exclude black voters.

And how did a person in the office of some company determine that this particualr john smith was black but that particular one was not?

DBT Online did such a bad job with this that it almost HAD to be intentional

Agreed.

[That's where Bush cheated.

Demonstrate a connection or people will not listen to you. -Thats- why people aren't making a fuss over the scrubbing. They say 'why aren't any neutral people investigating this' and leave it at that.

[edit on 29-9-2004 by Nygdan]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join