It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ever wondered what it looks like on the floor when they vote for legislation?? It may surprise you.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

libertytoall,
WOW! Star & Flag! It's almost so blatant it seems like a joke! How sad that it is not.. This video is pathetic. Can't wait to pass it on! Thank you for posting this!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
It's like watching little children during an Easter egg hunt. Funny, yet so very sad.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
hold on there....reps were voting by "proxy"...happens all the time...if you don't know what that means, look it up. please show me where this IS NOT the case, and i'll stifle my yawn.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

Why am I not surprised. What they need to do is issue them something similar to the DoD's CAC id cards, so that to vote you must be logged in with your id card, you vote once and can only vote once.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Absolutely disgusting.

And then we wonder why our voice never seems to be heard.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
hold on there....reps were voting by "proxy"...happens all the time...if you don't know what that means, look it up. please show me where this IS NOT the case, and i'll stifle my yawn.

Here....Looked it up for ya:

"The rules of some assemblies presently forbid proxy voting. For example, in both houses of the U.S. Congress, as well as in most if not all state legislatures, each member must be present and cast his own vote for that vote to be counted. This can result, however, in the absence of a quorum and the need to compel attendance by a sufficient number of missing members to get a quorum. See "call of the house". "

Making it their job doesn't make it right. Especially when they probably do the EXACT same thing, 20 Reps voting 80 times, when passing a measure stating it's illegal for us do do what they are doing.

Are you starting to see the conflict of interest? Or are you trying to become one of them?

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Agreed, I don't think some people understand this. They have passed their intended vote to a trusted person who will vote on their behalf. It's nothing new and (as long as the trusted person votes as requested) no form of fraud has taken place. Danger here is of taking a video and the gossip at face value - there is nothing whatsoever illegal about this, and this is honestly not said with cynicism or sarcasm.
edit on 8-5-2012 by something wicked because: typo, put without, meant with

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Hey everyone's voting for the other guy so it all balances out!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Taupin Desciple

Here....Looked it up for ya:

"The rules of some assemblies presently forbid proxy voting. For example, in both houses of the U.S. Congress, as well as in most if not all state legislatures, each member must be present and cast his own vote for that vote to be counted. This can result, however, in the absence of a quorum and the need to compel attendance by a sufficient number of missing members to get a quorum. See "call of the house". "

Making it their job doesn't make it right. Especially when they probably do the EXACT same thing, 20 Reps voting 80 times, when passing a measure stating it's illegal for us do do what they are doing.

Are you starting to see the conflict of interest? Or are you trying to become one of them?

You answered your own question, the rule forbidding proxy votes counts in "most if not all state legislatures" - can you say these states in question forbid it? If so, a rule has been broken. If not, it hasn't.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   
That is just sicking!!!

If I ever get in trouble with the law, you know what I'm gonna do?
Im gonna demand that I see when that law was inacted and by who. I'll get the attendence record to see if the people who voted to inact that law were actually in attendance the day they "voted".

It probably wouldnt change anything but Im sure my lawyer would definetly put them in a pretty precarious position.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Those panels should be activated by some biometric device. Can't they be prosecuted by the public, the video alone is enough evidence to impeach a lot of them.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

Agreed, I don't think some people understand this. They have passed their intended vote to a trusted person who will vote on their behalf. It's nothing new and (as long as the trusted person votes as requested) no form of fraud has taken place. Danger here is of taking a video and the gossip at face value - there is nothing whatsoever illegal about this, and this is honestly not said with cynicism or sarcasm.

Oh come on, these people are not voting on behalf of someone with consent, it's a rabble, a free for all scamathon! Everyone's rushing round pressing buttons, I would find it comical if they weren't voting on actual laws that affect real people.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
At first, I was outraged over this, but now I think I see how this started, which helps relieve a little of it. One person sees someone else doing it, and then they do the same, to make it "fair." Then it spreads like wildfire.

It's still wrong, and I believe they should get the same penalty we would if we did it (or worse because it's more serious for them). Hell, they're even admitting that they're doing it, and what have they gotten? Nothing!

This country and probably most others are full of damn cheating scum. The time has come for all of this to end. The double standard for criminal offenses disgusts me. They get away with damn near everything, but we have so many laws that we can't even keep up with all of them, and they make more every day.

Was there ever a decent time in history when things were fair? It seems like most periods had their stupid or wild laws or practices. I guess now is pretty much the same...domination by a few on the majority. Sucks to be at the bottom...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by something wicked

The video shows the rule and that this is clearly a violation.
This is what greed looks like.

edit on 5/8/12 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
I think I need to defend their action,...........
anyone can proxy voting for me ?, got nature call here..

/sarcasm

Seriously, the one not at their seat should be sacked
Seriously, the one voting those NOT at their seat should be sacked
The only one who vote for himself should stay, we dont need calculator to count.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
The point in the video when the woman says," We do this because we dont take lunch breaks, here for hours on end, sometimes not even a pee break."

Boo mother freakin hoo

Guess what woman!! ITS YOUR JOB!!!!!!!!
Dont like it, then dont be a representive for the people!!

If you have a problem with how your proffesion is going, then you have 3 choices
1- Leave
2-change it ( ie; require bathroom breaks lunch breaks )
3- accept your situation fully without complaint

all else is insane.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow so blatantly corrupt yet they do it in view of people in cameras.

... So corrupt yet they do not fear any consequences.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacobe001
reply to post by Raelsatu

It is quite brazen of them, doing it out in the open on camera. Imagine the corruption and criminal acts they are involved in that we do not see.

It was only out in open because the TV station was recording it. The cable channel pans away to another view when the voting takes place. Why do you think that is?

All politicians are crooked and in it for the money and the easy life once they are done with their terms. How many lawyers turn politician? And lawyers are to be trusted.....right? Money hungry, power seeking, egotistical, corrupt, thieves is more like it.

Its nothing more than a big 'good ol boys' club where they feel immune to the dubious acts they commit.

But just try bringing them down and see what kind of trumped up charges they'll slap on you.

The ONLY way that this will be eliminated is through revolution. That's what our forefathers did and what is again necessary for us to do.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Have seen elected officals cast multiple votes before but never to this level. It almost looks like a game of musical chairs. To just blatently do it on camera like that is crazy. Do they really think the population of this country is so stupid we can't see when someone cast multiple votes? Perhaps they think we are so far removed from there world that no one would notice...

Well we did and chances are nothing will happen. They think they are so far above us they can spit on everything that made this nation great without any punishment. Hope you all are taking names here. I know I am...

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Next law on the books: Ban cameras inside the chamber. This way, they can continue to defraud the people and nobody will be able to gather evidence.

Edit to add: Maybe this is why they seem to have no problem when a county of 8,000 people casts 12,000 votes for a single candidate.
edit on 8-5-2012 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join