It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do some/many see Gray's If they are not real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I remember so much stuff from 3 years old up. many many things and few things before that but my memory really started accounting for nearly everything by age three. By age five I remember things so well and that is when i was visited by a grey. I have good eyesight and was standing just feet from him.
i remember all sorts of things back thing... the chocolate pie at school on thanksgiving that amy ate all of before I could have apiece. I remember the honeysuckles growing on the bush by the swings on the little playground for us kindergartners. I remember the bird that nested in the frame of the door we never used. i remember conversations. EXACT conversations all throughout those years. i remember the wall being played on the radio while riding through the mountains. I remember this little elf man that my great aunt made and he had a red felt suit. i remember the barbie wedding gown she also made that was so pretty with one single button on the back. I remember that they decided to do my sisters room in brown and yellow and made pretty curtains to go over the big window in her room. i remember the scary dream i had with my other sister in it involving looking out that window. i remember all sorts of things i certainly remember the one who visited me. yeah, i used to tell myself he was a spirit or a very ancient man... but he was very real and I was very wide awake and there is just no mistaking it. now i realize, he is a spirit and he is an ancient man and he is also someone I know.

trust me, my mother wasn't sitting up on that counter waiting for me to wake up... she would have been telling me to get my butt back in bed.

we were out of that house and moving to another state in 1st grade.
edit on 8-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
If were are indeed experiencing some kind of deep relapse into an early memory from childhood, the appearance of implants, medically/scientifically confirmed also needs some explaining as to how some people see grays then wind up with something inside them that seems to move when Doctors try to remove it.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MysteriousHusky
If were are indeed experiencing some kind of deep relapse into an early memory from childhood, the appearance of implants, medically/scientifically confirmed also needs some explaining as to how some people see grays then wind up with something inside them that seems to move when Doctors try to remove it.

i think a doctor pressed it really hard onto my tongue with a special tongue depresser.

that whole visit was really strange and I don't feel like going into the whole thing but yeah... very strange.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Most likely people are seeing aliens while sleeping. My guess is that they were in sleep paralysis, which is why they say they were awake and it felt so real.

This would also explain why 99% of people say they were taken while in bed.

I have actually done alot of research on here, specifically looking for paranormal activity that happened outside the bedroom and found barely anything.

I automatically dismiss anything posted on ATS if the poster mentions anything about being asleep, just waking up or even being in the bedroom. It's all sleep paralysis.
edit on 8-5-2012 by dmsuse because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
Most likely people are seeing aliens while sleeping. My guess is that they were in sleep paralysis, which is why they say they were awake and it felt so real.

I have actually done alot of research on here, specifically looking for paranormal activity that happened outside the bedroom and found barely anything.

I automatically dismiss anything posted on ATS if the poster mentions anything about being asleep, just waking up or even being in the bedroom. It's all sleep paralysis.

I would agree that some/most who claim abdustion while in bed could be expierencing sleep paralysis however I am not entirely sure that 99% of abductions are reportedly so (from in bed). Even so, there is enough evidence of non-sleep related gray sightings to lend credibility to something other than sleep paralysis as the sole explaination. In fact, this is a high priority point of my thread, to try and offer some sort of alternative explaination.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I consistently suffer from sleep paralysis. It's irritating, and quite eye-opening (it completely changed my stance in philosophy). You know, in the past they considered the cause to be demons, and now-a-days it may be accountable for many experiences of abductions.

That said, I don't dismiss all encounters of UFO sightings or alien abduction. We should approach this with neither blind denial nor blind faith. You can't discount these people who experience abductions as liars. These people have gone through traumatic ordeals, whether real or fantastical, they still believe in it and should be treated with compassion.

I feel there are many problems with the grays, simply because so many people see them. It's been sensationalized and portrayed on media so much that when people think of aliens, instantly they think of the same shape that we've seen... that of the grays. Maybe that's the reason so many people see them: they're the default idea of the extraterrestrial we think of when we think of aliens.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I would say they are most likely real. After watching a video of 62 school children actually seeing Greys while they were wide awake and at school makes me believe there might actually be something to this.

I do believe these children and assuming that what they saw was real it opens up the possibility that there are many other real examples. I'm not saying I'm 100% but I think there are so many Grey cases that it can't be some mass delusion.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Reece
I have really mixed feelings about the case you've mentioned.

-At times it seems very convincing. I find myself feeling bad for some of the children.

-At other times I feel like conflicting descriptions could point to a huge lie among children on a play ground.

The later, does seem kind of iffy because that would be a huge story to orchestrate by and among so many children. That to me seems unlikely, unless the story was orchestrated by adults and the children were simply pawns in the game. I would imagine at least a couple of the kids would've come out by now to admit they were coerced into going with the story. To my knowledge, none have.

It's just one of those cases that give me different feelings depending on which side I'm listening to. I ,also, kind of feel like some really witnessed and others that didn't witness, really wanted to and tagged along with the story.
Maybe that's a real possibility.

TXML

I just have to say some of their little testimonies are really gripping. It seems one of the little girls was receiving messages. The first girl describing the sound and the little blonde girl after her seemed pretty legit to me. All of the kids were afraid. I think that's whats troubling about this case.
I don't like that.

edit on 8-5-2012 by txMEGAlithic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HomeBrew

While it is an interesting idea/theory it still does not explain the other aspects of the abduction experience or alien encounters.

- Missing time
- Cases where there are multiple witnesses and/or shared abduction experiences.
- inexplicable scars or marks.
- Abductees often before,during and after their experiences witness UFO's/strange lights.
- poltergeist activity before,during and after alien abductions and/or encounters.
- Anomalous objects or implants in the body.
- Visions,premonitions,warnings.
- Paralyzed-levitating through solid walls/objects.

To mention the most prominent reported aspects of encounters/experiences.

It reminds me of the theory about N.D.E. (near death experiences) being a memory of coming down the birth canal.

I like thinking outside of the box but I have to disagree on this one.

Appreciate the effort and respect the train of thought. S&F.

ETA: I do believe There is a "child/reproductive" aspect to the encounters.Is it about making hybrids? Human/alien offspring.If that is the case,as it does seem to be,then why? mutually beneficial for the human race and "theirs"? or is it solely for Their benefit?

I do not have the answers but I have plenty of speculation.

If you have researched alien abductions/experiences and encounters thoroughly, you are bound to come upon the reproduction/sexual aspect to the encounters.

There are thousands,maybe even millions of supposed alien abductions,I imagine there are those who have experienced something and are either afraid to tell anyone what happened,for fear of ridicule,being labeled 'mentally unfit' or they could very well be in denial of their encounter. That leaves room for a lot more unreported experiences.

All it takes is for only one of these reports to be true. Only one to be proven without a shadow of doubt,then it becomes a fact,an unavoidable and irrefutable fact.

Of course we are still left with not much in the way of conclusive evidence,other than witness testimony.If you are one who has already experienced something "otherworldly"/unexplainable...Then you do not need anyone or anything to prove what you already know to be the truth.

I believe some form of non-human intelligence is interacting and communicating with mankind.What that 'intelligence' is,where it comes from and what it's true motives are remains a mystery.

I am 100% positive that something is going on,I just do not have the absolute answers I desire,So continues the journey.

edit on 9-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by coyotepoet
While the OP presents an interesting perceptual theory, there are at least 2 things

The ancient Bradshaw cave paintings in Australia

www.bradshawfoundation.com...

and a sculpture from Mesopotamia

I'm pretty sure they had vastly different birthing experiences than we do, but interestingly both of these ancient things from different times and places still fit the profile of the Gray. Therefore, either they are an archetype buried deep within the human psyche (and if so why), or they are real (or both.)

Thank you for the pictures
I have to agree with your assessment as well.

I used a couple of those cave paintings and the "alien" figurine in a thread I authored a while back,for those interested,it is a decent read for anyone who does not think we simply evolved via abiogenesis and/or is open minded to the possibility of DNA manipulation/creation of modern homo sapiens etc..

Here is the thread - Alien Origins of our DNA and the Creation of Man

The archetype theory is an enigma in it;s self,imho.

Take near death experiences for instance,there has been studies showing that there is a spot in the temporal lobes for "religious/spiritual experiences.

People who take '___'/Ayahuasca speak of seeing light beings/machine elves.

Could these actually be archetypes deeply rooted in our minds? If so why? It is astounding when you ponder the implications.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well then you my as well dismiss every single abnormal/anomalous experience at that rate.

I think some cases could easily be explained away as sleep paralysis but not all.

If anything, I believe the sleep paralysis theory is used far too often in an attempt to explain away odd,scary & unusual experiences people have aurally and visually.

I have experienced sleep paralysis off and on ever since childhood,as far back as I can remember,First time being when I was around 5 or 6.It is a terrifying ordeal,especially if you are unfamiliar with it.

I still do not believe that every situation where people wake up hearing voices,seeing "demons/monsters" and Commonly experienced 'greys'/typical looking alien beings' can be so easily explained away and solved via Sleep paralysis.

Kind of funny that you never really hear people talk about waking up to see beautiful angels,lovely vistas,serene,peaceful voices that often.
Instead you hear about aliens,demons/monsters,creepy/menacing voices accompanied by a strong sensation of fear...Coincidence?

They are not all hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations.

That is a very fearful thought to entertain I know but I think some people are legitimately experiencing something genuine and 'otherworldly/unexplainable.
edit on 9-5-2012 by PerfectPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 11:42 PM
link   
I like the thread title, but was thrown off by the well put argument. I thought the thread would be a pro-existence topic of Greys. The OP is suggesting that we remember our birth. Especially considering new borns have no concept of space and time, language, and long term memory.

Harvard Gazzette: Long term memory kicks in after age one

You can also look up human brain development.

For the sake of the argument, say your fuzzy doctors are our Greys, then why do we associate them with extra terrestrials?

What is the connection of the fuzzy doctors flying space ships? How come I don't see a fuzzy doctor out in the woods? How come I only see fuzzy doctors around ufos? How come fuzzy doctors are so short?

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PerfectPerception
reply to post by HomeBrew

While it is an interesting idea/theory it still does not explain the other aspects of the abduction experience or alien encounters....

You make some very good points that can not be discounted. I just want to re-state that I do not mean to negate all aspects of the abduction experience or alien encounters, but rather a simple theory that may explain the 'cookie cutter' version of the 'Gray' expierence.

posted on May, 10 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by game over man
I like the thread title, but was thrown off by the well put argument. I thought the thread would be a pro-existence topic of Greys. The OP is suggesting that we remember our birth. Especially considering new borns have no concept of space and time, language, and long term memory.

Harvard Gazzette: Long term memory kicks in after age one

You can also look up human brain development.

For the sake of the argument, say your fuzzy doctors are our Greys, then why do we associate them with extra terrestrials?

What is the connection of the fuzzy doctors flying space ships? How come I don't see a fuzzy doctor out in the woods? How come I only see fuzzy doctors around ufos? How come fuzzy doctors are so short?

Thanks for the reply, they are some very good questions! All I can figure is that knowing how our brain eventually works, it basicly fills in unknown gaps with whats familiar to us in order to create a image or memory. I suspect that years after the fact the original 'fuzzy' birth memory is simply being filled in with fantastic 'props' for lack of a better definition. I do not think it entirely impossible for the fuzzy memory of being born in to this world to somehow subconciously be linked to the notion of 'alien'. Perhaps that in and of it'self would explain the alien 'props' filling in the blanks.

EDIT: Also, I understand the mainstream notion of when memory development happens in babies, but speculate that some sort of legacy (initial memories) are indeed stored somewhere in the deep recesses. How and why are they stored and possibly tapped? I do not know...
edit on 10-5-2012 by HomeBrew because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Ever since the Hills and Walton, neither of whom saw any grays, had FBI and
other authoritarian backing the flood gates were open to publicity seekers.
The situation of seeing Grays is just a people and elite backing thing that can only
pass with the realization that UFO technology is man made. Whether the US or
any government has the will to acknowledge the situation I refer you to the past
fifty years at least in which the Alien and UFO has been fostered with no proof
to the otherwise.

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:11 PM
link   

I started having sleep paralysis age 9. I vividly remember the whole thing. It had never happened before. It came on very abruptly and made itself very apparent. I believe this is one form of communication for multiple reasons. 1 is that they can reach you on certain states without actually having to be there. they can give you images, messages, show you frightening things for reasons you may not currently understand but could in time... but i do not believe these are true abductions either.

What happened to me when i was five happened while i was wide awake. there is very little room for doubt.

another thing that sleep paralysis can be used for is tapping into a certain state... which is consciousness while being unconscious. I believe they knew that contactees would be attacked via electronic harassment and made to do incrementing things or dangerous things such as commit suicide while under an attack... and that sleep paralysis could be seen as some sort of mental training to get one to sort of snap out of it and realize there is something else going on to be conscious of... energies that are trying to influence you.

people who speak of sleep paralysis often report feeling that something is there with them... and also that they are within somewhat of a dream state but conscious. some of the electronic harassment is facilitated by tapping into a state of mind that most often occurs during sleep and rules the victim as an unseen will... just as sleepwalkers in the delta state seem to be on some sort of mission regardless of how senseless or menial, they are dictated by this small piece of conscious will while their brain is mostly in a deep unconscious delta state.

in other words, it helps you to try to see through unconsciousness by accessing that tiny piece of consciousness in your brain while being forced into a delta state electronically.

they are not true abductions but in some cases could be used to make you think you have been visited by and could be controlled by aliens... for a reason. If they wanted to, they could fully control you and to be aware of this will cause other doors of thought to open up in your mind concerning your current reality. I don't think they are interested in fully controlling people but want to make you aware that they could... as many other things can control you as well (and are)... an you need to be aware of this.
edit on 12-5-2012 by NotAnAspie because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 12 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Reece
I would say they are most likely real. After watching a video of 62 school children actually seeing Greys while they were wide awake and at school makes me believe there might actually be something to this.

I do believe these children and assuming that what they saw was real it opens up the possibility that there are many other real examples. I'm not saying I'm 100% but I think there are so many Grey cases that it can't be some mass delusion.

This is amazing to me... especially the part where they mention the sounds. Like hearing a flute.

I have heard flutes recently. in one instance it sounded like it was right outside and could have very well been someone messing with me (what i assumed, as I am being monitored by a certain group in the governemnt because they know my visitation was very real and i can't seem to get people to understand that i am aware of these things and these people... they try to remain anonymous but rather just complicate many aspects of this entire situation and horde info rather than relay it)... I kind of ignored the rather obvious flute playing outside but there have been other situations where I heard flutes and they seemed much more surreal and spiritual and that the sounds were kind of honing me into some other realization or awareness. One of those instances is when i heard a small strange voice say "buh-bye" and my computer shut down immediately. the whole thing was kind of funny and i felt like I was in a small cave... and I felt very welcomed and at home. My understanding is that if i ever reach this place, i will not be able to just go online and contact anyone.

i am trying to sort of "wrap things up" and tell people around me of these experiences in case i actually do go somewhere and can no longer communicate with people but no one seems to believe any of this. I get more feedback from a few online than i do in real life.

So if I disappear I hope someone has the decency to try to explain this to my family because some of the closest members of my family are not listening at all.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join