It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iron Sky in the UK for one day only?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
There has been surprising news about the long awaited film Iron Sky thats a story that puts forward the idea that at the end of the second world war the nazi's took off in their Hanabu UFO's and have been living on the back side of the moon ever since.

The UK release of Iron Sky took a weird turn a week ago, when Revolver – our local distributor – suddenly released the new plans for their long-anticipated UK cinema release. To the amazement of many – including ourselves – their plan is to put Iron Sky in UK theaters for *just one day*, 23.5., and then never again.

See, when I started to work on Iron Sky, I wanted to make a cinematic experience, a film that works best when you sit in a dark room with 500 other people and watch, experience, laugh and enjoy as the epic story about the Moon Nazis unfolds in front of your eyes. Now, following the UK plan laid out by Revolver, the film is out in cinemas for only one day only (and that’s WEDNESDAY of all days).

I think this is an insult to us, the filmmakers who have been working with this film for six long years. We signed up with Revolver because we wanted to have a wide cinema release, and that’s what they promised us. But more than that, it’s an insult to all the fans, friends, followers, fan investors and everyone out there who’s been waiting all these years to see the Moon Nazi mayhem known as Iron Sky to hit the cinemas.

Source

Why only release it for a single day? To close to the truth maybe?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   
What is up with all these Alien movies?

Guess one thing must be true, they put Adolf Hitler in space and he's coming back with a vengeance.

edit on 7-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PhoenixOD

It does sound a bit suspicious. Perhaps they are worried about any nazi glorification right now with the Greece situation, even funny nazi stuff.
Here is a link to watch the flick streaming, but there are no English versions yet.
I am looking forward to seeing this one.
www.1channel.ch...

Peace

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
With a trailer like that im suprized anywhere is showing it at all and not just sent straight to DVD/BluRay. It has taken what may have been a semi serious subject and made a complete joke out of it. Maybe thats what they wanted though the old double bluff?. I'm tempted to go watch for the lulz, but to be honest wouldnt waste my hard earned cash on it and instead wait for it to appear streamed online somewhere or as a torrent to DL.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

It looks decent from the trailer.
Maybe they over-booked time for Apollo 18 and got burnt there? It's been on DVD already at Wally Mart for at least a month.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
I've been so looking forward to this movie. Is it just the UK that only has a one day release? What the hell is that all about?

I wonder what the info-wars people would have to say about this

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I think its a marketing scheme. You work years on a movie and only want it to be seen for one day in the theater? Maybe after the one day is up the fans will demand to play it for more then one day and they will "Give in". Or maybe it just really sucks and know that its not going to get seen in the theaters because it sucks. So they release it for one day and then make every one else buy it thus turning a bigger profit. When people see movies in the theater they talk about them....

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity
I think its a marketing scheme. You work years on a movie and only want it to be seen for one day in the theater? Maybe after the one day is up the fans will demand to play it for more then one day and they will "Give in". Or maybe it just really sucks and know that its not going to get seen in the theaters because it sucks. So they release it for one day and then make every one else buy it thus turning a bigger profit. When people see movies in the theater they talk about them....

Could be some kind of marketing ploy, but the weirdest one I've ever heard of. If it sucked the you would still imagine it getting a full release run to try to make some money, I mean in my opinion 90% of what's in the movie theaters these days is abysmal sh*t, people still go and watch. I imagined this movie to become a bit of a cult classic, oh well.

Obviously the subject matter(Nazi's) is a sensitive one, but c'mon. Maybe on the other hand it does actually touch on a sensitive UFO theory that the general public aren't aware of and somebody somewhere does not like the idea of the conspiratorial connotations becoming mainstream.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
maybe because it is going right to dvd/bluray

Iron Sky (Blu-ray + Digital Copy)

This title will be released on May 28, 2012

www.amazon.co.uk...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Those are the English versions, its just that some of the film is in German and the cam copy didnt catch the subtitles. In not going to spoil my enjoyment of the film by watching a bad quality cam copy and only understand half the dialog, Ive been waiting a while to see this.

edit on 7-5-2012 by PhoenixOD because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   

I did not realize there was sub titled versions yet. This wknd there were none, but yea, I'm with you, I will wait to see the dvd version for better res for sure!

Peace,
spec

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
you guys should check this out if you ain't already..
just saying

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Hmm interesting, if the films just a laugh, I reckon they were screwed by Revolver.

If any ideas in the film were plausable, its most like only going up for 1 day for obvious reasons.

Awful lot of alien films these days though! I know like 7? In the last 6 months....strange in deed.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

To close to the truth maybe?

If by "truth" you mean a joke of a movie, too crappy for any distributor to waste money on, for theatrical release?

Then, 'yes'.

It looks as gawdawful as Travolta's stinker, "Battlefield Earth", from a few years back.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   

there are 32 ` upcoming ` releases scheduled for showing at vue cinemas [ a national multiplex chain ] alone in the next month source

despite the film makers fanatacism - its just another film in the sea of new releases

and as its availiable on DVD from the 28th - its hardly surprising that its cinema release is lo-key

the uk distributer might have reviewed its box-office results in other countries and concluded that other titles will generate larger revenues / screen for both them and the cinemas than iron sky can

movie distribution is a business , not a charity to pander to directors egos

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by chaztekno
With a trailer like that im suprized anywhere is showing it at all and not just sent straight to DVD/BluRay. It has taken what may have been a semi serious subject and made a complete joke out of it. Maybe thats what they wanted though the old double bluff?. I'm tempted to go watch for the lulz, but to be honest wouldnt waste my hard earned cash on it and instead wait for it to appear streamed online somewhere or as a torrent to DL.

Did you offer the same opinion on "Mars Attacks?"
It was a hilarious film with some good stuff to think about stuff inside.
As for "Iron Sky," most people, even us UFO folks, don't take that concept seriously (enough), so the creators took a nice middle of the road approach. After all, it is entertainment, not a &^%@#! documentary!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
An alternative movie with similar subject matter

www.imdb.com...

Its hillarious

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by chaztekno

Your entitled to your opinion but your in the minority on this & a lot of people are anxious to see it on the big screen, check out the website or Revolvers Facebook page if you doubt. I've actually got a (mainly) english cam of it thatt just makes me even more eager to see it in a theatre!

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by OffensivAtheist

How do you know he is in the minority? just because you are looking forward to seeing it in cinemas doesnt make you the majority

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Do the Nazi's win in the film or something?
From what I was watching on the trailer it does show the Nazi's in a 'cooler' light than the hollywood stuff.
Normally the movie controllers tend to shun stuff like that...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join