It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a Ron Paul presidency be beneficial for the elite?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:03 AM
link   
I've been thinking about this a lot lately: if Ron Paul were to become president, couldn't the elite simply stage false-flag attacks in order to make the public lose support in him and redirect their support to the establishment?

Think of it this way:
Ron Paul wins, economic markets are manipulated, collapse is staged, TPTB come riding in on a shining horse and mend the situation, scold Paul for crazy economic policies.

Ron Paul pulls troops from foreign bases, false flag attacks are staged, Ron Paul seen as failure, public loses support for him and his "failed policies," replaces that support in TPTB, TPTB have public support to engage in more wars.

And so on.

From a strategic point of view, letting Ron Paul win is perhaps in the best interest of the elite because it allows for them to destroy and discredit his message and dissemble his movement without drawing attention to themselves. It also grants them a resistance free method of ushering in more draconian bills and policies.

By the way, I strongly doubt they will martyr Paul through assassination. If these people aren't stupid, they will know that the best way to deal with a revolutionary, such as Paul, is to destroy his credibility and turn public opinion against him without implicating themselves. They have done a great job of it thus far by repeatedly labeling him crazy and racist, but as a result, they have fueled his grass roots movement; something as nefarious as the plot I've laid out would likely go unnoticed by masses, hence why it would be in their favor.

I'm off to bed, I'll check back on this thread when I wake up. Feel free to leave your input!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
I've been thinking about this a lot lately: if Ron Paul were to become president, couldn't the elite simply stage false-flag attacks in order to make the public lose support in him and redirect their support to the establishment?

Think of it this way:
Ron Paul wins, economic markets are manipulated, collapse is staged, TPTB come riding in on a shining horse and mend the situation, scold Paul for crazy economic policies.

Ron Paul pulls troops from foreign bases, false flag attacks are staged, Ron Paul seen as failure, public loses support for him and his "failed policies," replaces that support in TPTB, TPTB have public support to engage in more wars.

And so on.

From a strategic point of view, letting Ron Paul win is perhaps in the best interest of the elite because it allows for them to destroy and discredit his message and dissemble his movement without drawing attention to themselves. It also grants them a resistance free method of ushering in more draconian bills and policies.

By the way, I strongly doubt they will martyr Paul through assassination. If these people aren't stupid, they will know that the best way to deal with a revolutionary, such as Paul, is to destroy his credibility and turn public opinion against him without implicating themselves. They have done a great job of it thus far by repeatedly labeling him crazy and racist, but as a result, they have fueled his grass roots movement; something as nefarious as the plot I've laid out would likely go unnoticed by masses, hence why it would be in their favor.

I'm off to bed, I'll check back on this thread when I wake up. Feel free to leave your input!

One thing about this I have to question... why would they think we would believe an attack could take place, considering the amount of protection set up after 9/11?

A false flag would be a slap in the face for the those who approved all the increased security....

" yeah... long before Ron Paul became president, we increased spending on homeland security and instated laws that take away your freedom as citizens, but apparently we suck at that..."

Hopefully Ron Paul will work swiftly to take away power from those who really aren't supposed to have it, and back in the hands of the common man and woman.

As a demoract, I wish Ron Paul the best of luck. He's probably the best hope for America to be returned to the hands of every day people.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   
I guess anything is possible when dealing with brilliant "nut jobs", but what's the alternative? People are fed up with the "Fed" and if TPTB are hell bent on "punishing" us if we were to get Ron Paul elected by causing "chaos" to discredit Ron Paul, then I say it's a chance worth taking.

There's only one way to stand up tp bullies, and that is to confront them, which sometimes means getting punched in the face....sigh......

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by DestroyDestroyDestroy

It would be hugely beneficial to the elite, as Paul's plans to deregulate all businesses (including lobbying) and allow monopolies would allow American democracy to simply be replaced by corporate boards.

Or, to paraphrase Noam Chomsky, "a vote for Paul is a vote for a corporate tyranny and the end of Democracy".

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:03 AM
link   
reply to post by captainnotsoobvious

lol, that is the silliest thing ive heard

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Would a Ron Paul presidency be beneficial for the elite?

Over the years, there have been what could be termed... spoiler candidacies, that led to specific results.

For instance, Ross Perot siphoned off millions of conservative votes to insure Bill Clinton's two terms. Later, Ralph Nader did the same thing in reverse, in 2000, carpeting Dubya Bush's election against Al Gore.

In 2012, if Ron Paul were to run as an independent, the question would be whether he would pull more votes from the right or the left. Paul is, in fact, a registered Republican but is generally not well received in the deeper conservative blocs. Curiously, he is just a little like Eugene McCarthy in that he has captured the hearts of the youth vote... and in this upcoming election, those would likely otherwise go to Obama.

Politics makes strange bedfellows.

this 2012 election has a lot in common with the flow of events in 1980. In fact, world events seem to be following a very similar path as well. This doesn't mean that things have to continue along in the same way as they did then... but there was a third party candidate in '80 named John Anderson... a registered Republican that ran an indy campaign and siphoned from the Dem incumbent, Jimmy Carter.

All of this can lead to the suspicion that someone, somewhere has the strings to pull to assure that certain candidates get elected. This is, of course a conspiracy theory and one of those you can gaze at for hours and days and years while never looking at the exact same spot twice.

Would a Ron Paul presidency be beneficial for the elite? I dunno...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by OleMB
I concur sir.

I actually believe this was the plan from the get-go. I think Ron Paul (O U R P L A N) will make it all the way to the top in GOP and then to the presidential debates. From there, the people all over the country will hear about things like remove the fed, decentralize government, demilitarize the police, less taxing and so on...He will rally a bunch of government criticizing citizens, people against the establishment (read; the safe haven of status quo for the masses). At the time of the debates, or into the actual presidential term, there will be a massive terrorist attack on the USA.

Of course, this would never happened if people only accepted getting molested more, to be secure. You see, there were less and less freedoms after 2001, but no terrorist attacks. The answer here is martial law, get the incompetent president out, round up all his dangerous supporters, and suppress freedoms. It's time for absolute security, and this time we are not messing around. Get ready for the RFID.

Hook.

Line.

Sinker.

New World Order.

I wrote this last year, but now I am not so sure. Ron Paul could very well be a pawn for TPTB in a scheme like that one above, but the issue is not with Paul himself but what he preaches; less taxes, more freedom, less unnecessary wars (this would not be good for the banks that lend the warmongering nations their money, they same people that own the war-industrial complex), less surveillance, less government and so on and so forth.

Even if all of this really was a scheme, ideas like that is poison for TPTB. These people are mere power hungry psychopaths, not omnipotent inter-dimensional reptiles. No plan of theirs would include putting these kind of ideas into the beehive of the slave masses, it would not at all be beneficial to them. Remember, these people are not 10 steps ahead of us. Their idea of a master plan are body scanners and more unwarranted surveillance.

What we really are seeing here is the true awakening of the masses, and the ushering into the golden age. Ron Paul or not, the people are ready for freedom and responsibility. The times are a changing, don't put all the burden on this one old man. As the hopi say, we are the ones we have been waiting for. Stop fearing the psychopaths, don't give them that imaginary unlimited power they so desperately need in these interesting times, and choose love! Power are to be transfered to us, but it will only come from within. Choose love, and your part in the illumination starts now! Good luck to us all, brothers and sisters!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I think it would depend a lot on who or what the elite and TPTB are. I know these are handy "catch all" terms for some nefarious, esoteric entity and are bandied about on ATS quite a bit. What I don't know is just who these terms actually refer to.

In order to make a judgement about whether a RP presidency would benefit TPTB, I would need to know who we are talking about.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by captainnotsoobvious

It would be hugely beneficial to the elite, as Paul's plans to deregulate all businesses (including lobbying) and allow monopolies would allow American democracy to simply be replaced by corporate boards.

Or, to paraphrase Noam Chomsky, "a vote for Paul is a vote for a corporate tyranny and the end of Democracy".

I understand that Paul isn't the ideal candidate, but Romney is a pathological liar and sycophant, meaning I can't bring myself to trust him, and Obama has become the poster child for corruption and hypocrisy.

Basically, all of the options suck, but I think Paul would suck less. I'm often at odds with his domestic policy but I really like his foreign policy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

When I refer to TPTB I'm referring to nefarious elite, or shadow government, as they are often referred by; those who pull the strings of our incumbents, so basically the extremely wealthy.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by OleMB

This is precisely why they could greatly profit from a Ron Paul presidency. If his ideas are never implemented, they become idealized and romanticized and he becomes a historic figure. If his ideas are tried and subsequently fail, ushering in chaos and terror, they will be abandoned and people will ridicule and distrust him.

I'm saying that they could set him up to fail in order to quash his movement.
edit on 7-5-2012 by DestroyDestroyDestroy because: typo

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

has anyone seen this thread yet? Very interesting, worth visiting....basically it claims Obama is actually involved in Mass arrests that he claims are coming , and that Obama is going to give full disclosure to the public from camp David this month?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Ron Paul would try and make it possible for small business to compete in a market that is currently run by the elite and squeezes out the little guy with unjust regulations and price gouging. All the while exceptions to these rules that apply to small business are given to the large corporations looking to swamp a market.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You are over analyzing. If Ron Paul was good for the elite they would endorse him. If he is good as a rogue player they would support his ideology or at least mention it in the history books alongside Hitlers. Instead it is an almost complete blackout and mass spin of his message. They want us to think Ron Paul is just some kooky racist. They have no masterplan other than "that's racist," and "more laws."

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
2 words

controlled opposition.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by DestroyDestroyDestroy
reply to post by N3k9Ni

When I refer to TPTB I'm referring to nefarious elite, or shadow government, as they are often referred by; those who pull the strings of our incumbents, so basically the extremely wealthy.

No, I don't believe a RP presidency would benefit the extremely wealthy. People in the multi-million/billion range are most likely prepared to protect their assets. They could convert to a more stable foreign currency if the US dollar should go belly up. I doubt American economic collapse is a real concern for them. I honestly doubt any of them would bother trying to save the American public, even under false pretenses.

As for pulling troops from foreign bases, I don't think it will make much difference. Our presence in other countries doesn't seem to be thwarting terrorist attacks to any appreciable degree. Most countries we have bases in, other than Iraq and Afghanistan, which we destroyed in the first place, have adequate military and intelligence of their own to deal with attacks.

To summarize, I don't see anything like you talked about happening. The people that have that kind of money wouldn't do it and the people that would do it don't have that kind of money.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

I understand your dislike of Romney; I lived in Mass when he was elected and would never vote for him; he's a crook and a liar.

But, a crooked politician we could survive; if a President actually deregulated all businesses, privatised things like secondary schools, and allowed businesses to form monopolies, I seriously doubt America as we know it, or as I want it to be, would survive.

I agree with Chomsky; Ron Paul represents tyranny.

top topics

join