It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Ron Paul win the GOP presidential nomination?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by elouina

The reason that is prompting this idea is that Paul's supporters are gaming the republican nominating process. The republican nomination process is an incredible quagmire or incompetence and Paulistas are taking full advantage of this mess. It is possible that they end up with a significant number or delegates at the convention. There will be major head assplosions it they make it.

In any case it will be fun.

edit on 6-5-2012 by spyder550 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Ron Paul can not win.

His campaign is a joke.

His followers are delusional.

After his epic failure, Ron Paul can finally retire in peace.

I actually halfway like Ron Paul, it's his supporters I can't stand.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Paul has a following on the internet i will give them that but only that real world performance is another matter.
reply to post by neo96

Lame comment....and I'm being polite here. This "Paul has a following only on the Internet" blabber is truly asinine. Who the hell do you think those people are that are turning up at every single rally by the thousands? Are they not supporters in the flesh?

Paul has a following, PERIOD. It MATTERS NOT if his following was acquired because of the Internet, the mainstream media, or the friggin' Pony Express! This kind of support for a presidential candidate has not been witnessed in this country in decades.

It's time for you people to stop using the same tired excuses trying to explain away something that, apparently, is much larger than your puny brain can apparently comprehend.

Either join us or MOVE THE HELL OUT OF THE WAY and let us try to elect a person with some god damned INTEGRITY who will work for the PEOPLE for a change!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

Lame comment....and I'm being polite here. This "Paul has a following only on the Internet" blabber is truly asinine. Who the hell do you think those people are that are turning up at every single rally by the thousands? Are they not supporters in the flesh?

Yawn are liberals in the mainstream media or the current potus making any remarks about Paul?

Attacking him or his beliefs no one takes him as any kind of threat.

And asinine perfect describes Paul supporters here's a thought about about all Paul supporter's acting like Libertarians they claim to be?

Guess that would be asking too much.
edit on 6-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Carseller4

I actually halfway like Ron Paul, it's his supporters I can't stand.

Trust me, the feeling is mutual. In fact, speaking solely for myself, I think you and others of your ilk are flat out treasonous bastards.....and that just scratches the surface of my true feelings for you.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yawn are liberals in the mainstream media or the current potus making any remarks about Paul?

And asinine perfect describes Paul supporters here's a thought about about all Paul supporter's acting like Libertarians they claim to be?

What the hell did you just say?

Is that a friggin' word jumble that I'm supposed to unscramble?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Absolutely not.

Regardless of his near-cult status on this and similar websites he has no chance. He simply doesn't resonate with most people and his ideas would never work in todays society. As far as these state and county conventions go; that's not an accurate picture of the republican voter. Only the most dedicated show up and vote in these...Not a large percentage at all.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
NO

I believe they will steal the vote at the GOPs convention....

then well be prepared for Obama to get worried...

ALL the Ron Paul people Walk out of the Republican Party Convention... Jon Stewart will be the only one to cover it...

Watch both teams downplay Ron Paul...

What they are not prepared for....

Ron Paul is sneaky enough to pull this off... Well a plus b equals??????

I will not post the next part because if the shills are reading here... let them be punked

end Romeny wants to save the GOP and America---

offer to be Ron Pauls VP's

IMHO-
the republicans deserve to be destroyed with the disrespectful use of propaganda against one of their own...

I say it this way because it points how they will treat all who disagree with them... and if they do it to one of there members- what about non-members

This whole snip thing plays straight into the Democrats hands... if Ron Paul and his supporters walk out on the convention.... who wins (at least this is their opinion )

If romney wants to be a great leader stab the GOP in the back and tell america the truth at the GOP convention and offer to be the VP...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Just won Nevada (22/25 delegates) and Maine (21/21) delegates, this weekend.

This is following a string of victories in Louisiana, Colorado, Washington, Minnesota, Missouri, Iowa, and more.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Who the hell do you think those people are that are turning up at every single rally by the thousands?

Misguided individuals. Ron Paul has many wonderful traits. He has a very consistent voting record. Great. He also has some very extreme views that the VAST majority of the country will not agree with. If there was actually a vote between Obama and Paul I would give Paul 20% of the vote.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
" YES WE CAN "

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Damn, you have no clue how to use punctuation, do you? Thousands upon thousands of posts and still can't use a comma.

I see you're also using MSM talking points as evidence. I mean, really? This shtick is quite old. On ATS we talk about how corrupt, bias and untrustworthy the MSM is, and has been for years, is commonly known around here by many, yet for whatever reason those who have some agenda against Ron Paul keep using MSM talking points as evidence, although many denounce MSM talking points and/or opinions when it pertains to just about anything else.

Completely disingenuous. You are well aware how little the MSM can be trusted, yet to use it as evidence against Ron Paul is quite hypocritical.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

Would you like people to poke holes in your post? I see some errors in it. If you can understand the message, respond to that. I'm also rather confused why you take issue with the mainstream media. I hope you realize that the vast majority of information on this site is just regurgitated from regular media outlets. Sure, there will be the occasional OP with a conspiracy minded slant on information garnered from the major news networks, but don't pretend there is some super secret media source that only you and the enlightened few have access to.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Sorry y'all, but Paul has absolutely NO chance.

It's not the lack of media attention, it's not that the process is unfair, it's not that there's some grand "conspiracy" against Paul, it's that he doesn't have the actual support from the GOP base that y'all think he does.

In the fantasy world of the internet, Paul reigns supreme, but in the real world where people actually go outside, attend rallies, and corporate interests rule, Paul doesn't even come close.

There are many problems with Paul, problems that his internet supporters just don't seem to grasp. One is, that he is far too old. He is 76 years old. Reagan, who was our oldest president to date was 69 years old when he took office. And during the 1980 election, it was an issue.

Paul also for some inexplicable reason seems to enjoy a status only on the internet of being a Washington outsider, when in fact, he has been in congress for over 30 years. People who enjoy the outside, and regularly communicate with other human beings face to face realize that he is in fact a career politician.

These people can also see problems with his platform, including his shady idea to make abortion a federal murder charge. Now, he says that he wants to return the abortion issue over to the states, which is all well and good except for his "Sanctity of Life Act". Which if it passes would make all abortions murder under federal law.

Course then there is this bit of crazy:

“I am strongly pro-life. I think one of the most disastrous rulings of this century was Roe versus Wade. I do believe in the slippery slope theory. I believe that if people are careless and casual about life at the beginning of life, we will be careless and casual about life at the end. Abortion leads to euthanasia. I believe that.

Source: www.ronpaul.com...
("bold and underline added)

No it doesn't Mr. Paul, no it doesn't

But take heart my Paul supporting friends, because even if Paul can't ever be elected even if he was running unopposed. I believe that his son Rand Paul will someday take the reigns from his father and his supporters will feel free to do this to anyone who opposes the might of Paul:

So don't worry Paul supporters, some day you too will be able to step on the neck of free speech and opposing viewpoints when Rand Paul takes his shot at the Presidency.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

From the same WSJ poll, one of the comments (priceless, and could not agree more):

Geoffrey Prentiss Wrote:

Hello Message to Republican party
THE RON PAUL SUPPORTERS CREED
Here is your deal:

Pay attention Republican Party and Voters.

I am a Ron Paul supporter. This election season, no candidate will
get my vote for the Office of President of the United States of America
except for Ron Paul.There will be no exceptions. If he does not win the
nomination, I will write his name on the ballot.

No amount of slick talking, flip-flopping, wooing, cajoling,
threatening, or condescending will persuade me to vote for any other
contender for that office.

You don't want to admit it, but you know that the Republican Party
cannot beat Obama without me, a Ron Paul supporter. It's long past time
you admit it.

You and I have conflicting goals. I will only cast a vote for
liberty, for peace, for small government, for fiscal sanity and respect
for the Constitution of the United States and adherence to the oath of
office of the Presidency. You however are content merely to vote for
whatever Republican the GOP leadership and the media approve of.

I will not move. I cannot be persuaded. You cannot win without me.

I am not here to convince you that Ron Paul's positions are superior.
I am not here to convince you that his foreign policy is in line with
traditional conservatism. I am not here to convince you that his
understanding of economics put everyone else in Washington to shame. I
am not even here to convince you that the positions of the other
candidates are not materially different than Obama.

No, I don't need to do any of that. I only need to tell you that
without me, you have lost. If you do not vote for Ron Paul in your
Primary or Caucus, you are already defeated. If you fail to nominate Ron
Paul to be the Republican candidate for President, Barack Hussein Obama
will serve a second term.

This is not blackmail.This is not a threat. This is a simple statement of fact.

I stand firm and I will not accept anything less.Ron Paul 2012

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If Ron Paul got the Republican nomination I'd give him a 50/50 shot, but I don't see that happening. It doesn't look like he's going to run third party since he's sticking with the RP and not getting nominated with any of the larger third party options.

I don't really understand this whole I'm going to write Ron Paul in no matter what mentality. Dr. Paul is going to endorse somebody. Hopefully it will be Johnson over Romney. If it is Romney it will be because he's been offered a position to be influential. If it's Johnson there is a chance a third party can get 20% of the vote which would be historical. It would make a much bigger statement than a 5% write in showing for Paul. Hell, if Johnson starts polling there, there's an extremely long shot that he could get the 30% needed to win and Paul would get an influential cabinet position.

This whole I'm only voting Paul mentality is mind boggling to me. You love and trust the guy so much, but you're not going to trust his judgement as to who he thinks the next POTUS should be?

edit on 7-5-2012 by wearewatchingyouman because: fix

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
He can't and won't win.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join