It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Ron Paul win the GOP presidential nomination?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Can Ron Paul win the GOP presidential nomination?

online.wsj.com

Although never a front-runner in national polls, the Texas congressman has one of the most loyal and active bases of voter support. What do you think? Could Ron Paul be the nominee?
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Has anyone seen this poll?

It looks like ATS stopped over at the Wall Street Journal website and had a heyday. Or is this the general consensus across the country?

Can Ron Paul seriously win this, what do you guys think? I would like to hear from the people that don't believe that Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance I would like to hear why exactly he doesn't stand a chance.

-Alien

online.wsj.com

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Abduct

Has anyone seen this poll?

It looks like ATS stopped over at the Wall Street Journal website and had a heyday. Or is this the general consensus across the country?

Can Ron Paul seriously win this, what do you guys think? I would like to hear from the people that don't believe that Ron Paul doesn't stand a chance I would like to hear why exactly he doesn't stand a chance.

-Alien

online.wsj.com

It's the general consensus around the country. Only the people who rely on television to get their news truly believe Ron Paul never had a chance. Almost everyone in my age group that I know is a Ron Paul supporter ... only the old people who read the newspaper or watch tv support the candidates that TPTB push on us...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Alien Abduct

I just added my vote on the poll, and posted it to my FB.....you all should do it too...

Des

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
I tried to vote, but as soon as I hit my option, it said "poll not currently available, please try again later."

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Ron Paul cannot beat Obama in the election. If I thought he could, I would support him.
Obama is better than Paul on stage and that is where it matters in the final hours.
Obama is eloquent.
No one will vote for a doddering old man no matter of what truth he may speak.
People will vote for an eloquent charlatan rather than listen to the voices.
Too bad.
Newt could beat anybody on stage but he had too much baggage.
Santorum kind of reminded me of a hall monitor.
I wish it was over with. I am tired of the Obama mongering and the Paul supporters striking at everyone who opposed Paul or Obama. I am afraid Obama is going to win because voting for Paul is a vote for Obama. Nobody gives a damn if anyone votes for Paul except Obama because he knows it is one less vote against him.
I will vote for anybody but Obama and my vote against Obama will count more than a vote for Paul.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I think if he is not nominated, the people will turn on the GOP base and the Electors, and stage a free election and non binding for all delegates.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by MzMorbid
I tried to vote, but as soon as I hit my option, it said "poll not currently available, please try again later."

May be site overload...do try again later.....

Des

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

And that is the defeatist attitude that is killing this Country....

Des

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think Ron Paul is awesome, I want him to win, and I support him and will vote for him.

I just think the political system is too corrupt, and the Powers That Be, would not allow him to win.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
A lot of folks seem to think so:

But I think their hopes are going to be dashed yet again.
The system is stacked against him.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
No he can't

Paul could indeed not win against Obama compound that with can Paul raise 1 billion for the 1 on 1 between the 2?

NO.

The only reason McCain performed as aweful as he did is because Obama out spent him.

Paul has a following on the internet i will give them that but only that real world performance is another matter.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
You know, I think I'll win when I write him in, if that's what I have to do.
Then I can be like - no matter what - "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul."

Cause everyone else is the same anyway.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by hadriana
You know, I think I'll win when I write him in, if that's what I have to do.
Then I can be like - no matter what - "Don't blame me, I voted for Ron Paul."

Cause everyone else is the same anyway.

I feel the same way, I will write in his name if it is not on the ballot, and I will have a clear conscience.

I will vote for him because my heart and head are telling me he is the most honest, decent person in Washington

I did the same thing in 2008

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
For those of you speculating whether or not he can win the actual Presidency, this thread is about the GOP Presidnetial nomination (Where Mitt would do worse than Paul, imo).

I think that at this point in time that a Paul GOP nomination is well within the realm of possibility. These couple of weeks Paul has been dominating delegate contests left and right, which only shows to his delegate strategy. Not to mention that, with Nevada, we're starting to see overwhelming portions of Romney's delegate slots being taken by Paul supporters (only three actual Romney supporters were elected in Nevada, out of Romney's 20 slots, the other 17 are all Paul supporters).

Not to mention that we now know, through Nevada, that unbinding delegates is even a possibility. Though the Paul campaign was seemingly intimidated into not voting to unbind this morning by the RNC's attorney, who sat in his comfy seat, on stage for an hour or two after the convention resumed, most of the Paul delegates there seemed to be ready to do it.

If we continue to see Paul not only dominate free conventions, but also dominate Romney's own delegate slots, and maybe in the even future become bold enough to start passing motions to unbind the delegates, I think we'll see an easy Paul nomination, if not one hell of a fight at the national convention come the end of the year.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
It has already been decided and made perfectly clear who will win. NO amount of delegates or other votes will change that fact. They said he was unelectable because they dont want him as gop and arent going to let him in regardless. White obama will win no matter what the people want and thats the truth of the matter. Paul knows it too but is trying to show people what this country has become. Ever wonder why his slogan is revolution? Because that is the only way for him to get in a full scale revolution... People see this and sit in denial.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
So do you think there might be a melt down in the republican party amongst the majority who did not vote for Paul. I have to admit that it would/will be incredibly entertaining if Paul does cause an upset at the convention. If he wins the damping effect on the GOP turnout will be stunning.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Why do we have so many people thinking he will win, when only a small percentage vote for him? Very suspect if you ask me.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
YES HE WILL WIN, Romney supporters are old softies who have no energy.. His money cant buy love or anything else. Ron WILL WIN 100%,,,let the trolls in now...Im gonna be laughing at these trolls soon....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Paul has a following on the internet i will give them that but only that real world performance is another matter.

This is something that ATS seems to not understand. If you spend all your time here and on pro Paul websites, your view is going to be horribly skewed. There is no way Paul is going to be nominated, and if he is there is absolutely no way he will win. I like Ron Paul but am getting pretty tired of all the people breathlessly claiming he has a chance. It's good to think positive, it's also good to be rational.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Domo1 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join