It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pilots Attacked With Axe - 2 Pilots And a Passenger Injured

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   
A passenger on board a plane in Norway attacked the pilots with an axe. Both pilots an a passenger is injured. Plane didn't crash. Desperado is arrested. There was 7 passengers and two pilots on board the plane, which was in route from the city of Narvik to Bodo. Witness says the pilots were "looking very bloody". The victims have head-injuries. Only norwegian article so far (sorry, I know how you hate that). I will update if I find an english one. Or anyone, feel free to post if you find one. Norwegian link here: Angrep pilotene med oeks

Here is the airplane on the runway after the incident:

edit: here is a link to an english article about it:
The crazy guy was from "north-africa" and was "in the 30's", the article says. There were a lot of blood inside the plane, a Dornier 228

BBC: Passenger attacks pilots with axe

[edit on 2006/4/25 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Umm silly question, but what in the Hell is an axe doing on an airplane these days? Did he find it next to the revolver and shoe bombs?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:34 AM
link   
BBC got it now.
Passenger attacks pilots with axe

"A man has been arrested after attacking two pilots and a passenger with an axe on an internal flight in Norway."

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:27 AM
link   
this is a very sad story, and Im suprised that any1 can sneak an axe of any type onto an airline these days! Unfortunately these kind of attacks on the aviation industry are common place now. If its not sum terrorist or enemy cobatant doing it, its the wiseass british press trying to get a good story out of smuggling knives and bomb making equipment into airplanes.
Very sad indeed my heart goes out to the victims

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by radiant_obsidian
this is a very sad story, and Im suprised that any1 can sneak an axe of any type onto an airline these days!

It turns out that the axe was standard-equipment onboard that plane.
To be used "in an emergency".
And there was no securitycontrol on the airport either.
The man was an Algerian.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hellmutt
The man was an Algerian.

Wow! This comes as a big surprise. He wasn't muslim was he?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:43 AM
link   
An ax is standard equipment on all transport air craft. But that does not exsplain how this loony toon was able to get it. I hope we wont hear of this hapening again.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
The man screamed "I'm gonna crash the plane" before forced entry to the cockpit,
grabbed the stick and pushed it in order to crash the plane. They were fighting and then he axed them. The other passengers managed to passify him eventually. The man had been denied entry to Norway, and he got the final denial in May after he had appealed to the previous denial. Why he was still in the country I don't know.

A mother of 3 was on board and said she was sure they were all going to die. She said the plane suddenly went "crazy" and the pilots were shouting: "Come and help us!"

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
He could get 21 years in jail for this. Min. 2 years. So I guess he gets to stay a little longer after all...
The plane was going straight towards the ground, and came as low as 100 feet (30 meters) before they managed to get control over the plane.

He did not use the axe which was standard equipment onboard the plane. He had his own axe and also a knife with him. This axe:

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The norwegian government say they "can�t" send the axe-man out of Norway. The reason for this is that he burnt his passport and identitypapers before he got into Norway. This is just too damn easy...
Soon thousands of poor, starving people are gonna start doing like him.
Make sure they can have years in a norwegian jail (with pay), instead of facing starvation or other in their homecountry. The money they get from being in jail is more than they get from working wherever they came from.
They just have to get into Norway, burn their papers and start killing people.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 02:52 PM
link   

The money they get from being in jail is more than they get from working wherever they came from.
They just have to get into Norway, burn their papers and start killing people.

This is what always happens when a nation sets up govermental protections to protect the unfortuate. Being unfortunate, becomes a career goal. There was a report on Germany going broke because of unemployment benefits going to people who will not work after being laid off. They get a good income from not working. One guy said he would not prostitute himself by working for less than he was making when he was working. He may have to take up prostitution, because Germany is revamping its unemployment benefit laws drastically.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   

The norwegian government say they "can�t" send the axe-man out of Norway. The reason for this is that he burnt his passport and identitypapers before he got into Norway. ...

If he burnt his papers then he doesn't exist ...
If he does not exist then he cannot be jailed ...
If he does not exist then he cannot be supported by the government ...
If he does not exist yet insists on existing then he must be sent to his country of origin ...
If he has refused to exist then he should be immediately exterminated as he does not exist and things that do not exist cannot be allowed to exist.

Get it?

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chuck Stevenson
If he burnt his papers then he doesn't exist ...
If he does not exist then he cannot be supported by the government ...
If he does not exist yet insists on existing then he must be sent to his country of origin ...

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
This is what always happens when a nation sets up govermental protections to protect the unfortuate. Being unfortunate, becomes a career goal.

So true. I wish more politicians in Norway would see it this way too.
I know some of them do, but then there are those who try to ridicule them.
They think they are so "good", but actually they create problems like this.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 02:00 AM
link   
English article from Norway. More details.

I'm going to crash this plane

I'm going to crash this plane, screamed the asylum applicant who started the axe drama onboard the Kato Airline Wednesday afternoon.

In the chaos that emerged, the plane plunged towards the ground. The pilots did not regain control over the plane until it was about 100 feet (30 meters) above the ground.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

Click the link above for the full article. At the bottom of the article there is a series of photos. Click the arrows to navigate the photos. The last two photos on that page is from another incident with this airline.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Here is Pravda's presentation of the story. With the article they have a picture of Bush with an axe.

two pilots and a passenger had been attacked with an axe

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:10 AM
link   
The algerian now claims that he don�t remember anything from the incident.
He also claims that the axe (which is pictured in another post) was a tool he used for fishing (he was "fishing" all right).

Last night there were demonstrations in Norway.
One could expect they would demonstrate because this was allowed to happen, but noooo...
The demonstrants say that the immigration-politics in Norway are too harsh....

I guess it will be hard to convince them, when they didn�t get the message this time.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   

The demonstrants say that the immigration-politics in Norway are too harsh

Un frikin beleivable

Is this the start of the new series of terror attacks that europe is suposed to start experiencing?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Norwegian TV just said that the algerian have been placed at the funny-farm.
He�s apparently crazy.
They also stated that 30% of all that is placed in funny-farms in Norway are refugees/immigrants.
I don�t think they get paid for staying in funny-farms...

posted on Oct, 3 2004 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Shortly before he attacked...,

He was talking on a cellphone for 1� minute just before his "stunt".

The latest information says they don�t know for sure if it was a failed hi-jacking or a failed suicide.

posted on Feb, 28 2005 @ 08:06 AM
link   
The "Axe-man" was in court today. He claimed he don´t remember anything of the incident. He said the last thing he remember was that "he was surrounded by lots of algerian policemen". Then he sort of woke up when somebody told him there was an incident and that he was involved. They still haven´t found any motive to why he attacked the pilots. I find his story about "algerian policemen everywhere" hard to believe. After all, during the attack he was shouting: "I´m going to crash this plane!"...

BTW, the pilot got a nice medal for this miracle he did...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join