It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to communicate with your inner-being with playing cards

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:16 AM
link   
This is the way that I agreed to communicate with my inner-being through the cards. You can use this as a basis or if a certain number or suit personally means something to you, use that instead. Use the meaning of numbers and suit which makes sense to your heart. Hopefully if you are completely lost with this, you can see how I use it and maybe it'll help.

Suits:

- Water - Emotion / Mental / Spiritual
- Earth - Stability / Wealth
- Fire - Creativity / Success
- Air (Space) - Messages / Warnings

A - Change
2 - Cooperation
3 - Relationships
4 - Practicality
5 - Freedom
6 - Responsibility
7 - Introspection
8 - Strength
9 - Helpfulness
10 - Perfection

J - Playfulness
Q - Compassion
K - Ambition
Joker - Foolishness

So this is just the basics that I use... I will expand more on this thought with specific numbers and suits....

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
♥ - Heart - Water - Emotion / Mental / Spiritual

A - Emotional or Spiritual Change
2 - Emotional Acceptance
3 - Emotions of The Group
4 - Emotions of Everyday Life
5 - Peace of Mind
6 - Responsibility of Actions from Emotion
7 - Emotional Understanding of Self
8 - Emotional Strength
9 - Advice
10 - Mental Peace

J - Joy
Q - Compassion
K - Eagerness

♦ - Earth - Stability / Wealth

A - Physical Change (Health, Travel)
2 - Acceptance of Physical Well-Being
3 - Well-Being of The Group
4 - Practicality of The Daily Routine
5 - Physical Ability
6 - Protection
7 - Knowledge for Physical Well-Being
8 - Exercise
9 - Physical Help
10 - Well-Being of Physical Health

J - Physical Strength
Q - Healing
K - Control of Physical Conditions

♣ - Fire - Creativity / Success

A - Change of Luck
2 - Acceptance of Success
3 - Success of The Group
4 - Realistic Dreams
5 - Creative Expression
6 - New Strategies
7 - Inspiration
8 - Passionate Ideas
9 - Help
10 - Creative Success

J - Imagination
Q - Optimism
K - Logic

♠ - Air (Space) - Messages / Warnings

A - Caution of Change
2 - Caution of Cooperation
3 - Caution of The Group
4 - Caution of Daily Life
5 - Caution of Freedom
6 - Caution of Responsibilities
7 - Caution of Knowledge
8 - Caution of Strength
9 - Deception
10 - Caution of Well-Being

J - The Prankster
Q - The Hater
K - The Tyrant

Joker - Caution of Foolish Decisions

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rapha
Hell - not you again.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

After reading your first posting my head hurt and I went back to bed.

Now I get up and read this stating that I should let cards rule my life.

No way

The cards shouldn't be ruling your life, this is just a suggestion IF and only IF you WANT to communicate with your inner being while using playing cards... You don't have to do it, and there are a lot of ways to communicate with your inner being. This is just one. You don't even have agree with the suit and numbers, I just think this is a good place to begin IF you want to communicate by using playing cards and don't know where to begin.

Basically I am saying this:

This is nothing but an example of how "I" communicate with my inner being with playing cards, this is here in case others want to but don't know where to begin. Peace!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You realize that the generic playing card deck is modeled after the French Tarot, right? You even have the suits identified very closely to Tarot. Why not just buy a real Tarot deck so you can get some proper imagery?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for this post
My great-Aunt used to do readings with playing cards and they were very acurate. She tried to teach me when I was very young, but sadly I wsn't very interested at the time. She passed away about 15 years ago and now I wish I'd paid attention.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that it really doesn't matter what cards you use, It's the meanings that you apply to them that is important.
S&F

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Perhaps playing cards are cheaper, or a person does not want to worry about hiding the Tarot cards from religious family members. These are possibilities.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
reply to post by Cuervo

Perhaps playing cards are cheaper, or a person does not want to worry about hiding the Tarot cards from religious family members. These are possibilities.

Good points. It's a bummer that people still have to hide their spirituality just so they can spare the sensibilities of other peoples' dogma.

Not to mention that it's a bit trickier trying to play poker with a traditional Tarot deck.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

How do I start I mean I'm kinda of lost on what to do? Do I shuffle ?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

Shuffle then maybe ask a question that you want insight on and then draw 3 cards. Thats what I usually do. One for the past, second for the present, third for the future. It's the most simple spread you can do.

I like the OP here. Just wish someone could make a simplified version like this for actual tarot cards

Need to get a for dummies book or something

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LOLZebra

Do I see visions if let's say I ask about my future girl/wife?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Are you a scryer or divinator? These are just cards man. It's similar to going into meditation and asking a question then waiting for a reply. Except in this case we assign meanings and intensities to each card so when it is drawn we can interpret it.

But with a comical response: Yes you will see hundreds of thousands of girls. You could marry any one of them. The future is not set in stone and you make it up as you go along.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Hmmm strangely I met a guy (A Psychic member of ATS) who told me sometimes the future is set on stone. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic. Also do you need to activate the pineal gland in order to get more accuracy of the cards?
edit on 6-5-2012 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

You explain things really concisely so that 'non-readers' could follow easily if they chose to give it a try for themselves ... and I totally agree with your comment about them being a good alternative to Tarot Cards for people on a budget ... and those who wish to keep their reading ability discreet.

Great thread ... S&F for you from me ... I hope people give it a try ... they might surprise themselves

Woody

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Exactly how do we use these cards to communicate?

How am I supposed to lay them out? How does the process go?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LOLZebra

Shuffle then maybe ask a question that you want insight on and then draw 3 cards. Thats what I usually do. One for the past, second for the present, third for the future. It's the most simple spread you can do.

I like the OP here. Just wish someone could make a simplified version like this for actual tarot cards

Need to get a for dummies book or something

But you can follow these guidelines for the Tarot eg;

Hearts = Cups / Chalices = (emotions & relationships)

Diamonds = Pentacles / Coins = (materialism & wealth)

Clubs = Wands / Staffs = (creativity & practicalities)

Spades = Swords / Arrows = (obstacles & disruptions)

Woody

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissConstrood
reply to post by arpgme

Thanks for this post
My great-Aunt used to do readings with playing cards and they were very acurate. She tried to teach me when I was very young, but sadly I wsn't very interested at the time. She passed away about 15 years ago and now I wish I'd paid attention.
Anyway, I just wanted to say that it really doesn't matter what cards you use, It's the meanings that you apply to them that is important.
S&F

And I have been able to get people to think i was psychic as well just by giving cold reading a try and being vague.
It is nothing more than a trick that can be learned.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal

Hmmm strangely I met a guy (A Psychic member of ATS) who told me sometimes the future is set on stone. Sorry if I'm a bit off topic. Also do you need to activate the pineal gland in order to get more accuracy of the cards?

Yes, I should have been more specific. It all goes by what you chose or are meant to do here. That is if you believe in the whole reincarnation and soul paradigm, karma etc. In the case of who is my future wife, perhaps two souls made an agreement before coming here they would reunite and be life partners

Not sure how you would know who it is you're "supposed" to marry, but I'm sure you would instantly have a connection when you meet that person. Perhaps a psychic could describe how they look or when in your life (not an exact time) you might meet such a person.

As far as needing to activate the pineal gland to use the cards? I'm not sure it's a requirement.. I have bought a tarot deck a few months ago but I'm still a n00b at it and learning myself

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

Nice! If anyone is wanting an even closer experience to The Tarot Cards, definitely give this a try.

As for the process, my way of doing it is not really... um... orthodox.

I usually shuffle the cards and keep shuffling until one fall out. If more than one falls out, I do it again, I know that if it was the right one, there are no worries because it'll come out again and all is well. I have trust in the process, but you can use whatever process you feel comfortable with. There are many processes from The Tarot Cards that can be applied.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

actually I know what you mean the Psychic I told you about mentioned Fate(I feared Fate more than Death btw) will make me meet the girl. I have feeling that no matter what I do I'll just end up with the girl Fate wants me to be with. You can't Tempt Fate after all no matter how hard you try to change the future. I believe the cards are used to see the future but can be useful only if you can change it. In Fact Fate is another reason why Law of Attractuion only sometimes work. [

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join