It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fingerprinted at school!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
I was fingerprinted for the D.A.R.E. program some 20+ years ago. It's really not a big deal. You people are so paranoid.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Given the honor of the legal system I think they are taking fingerprints so they can plant evidence if a person questions too much.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
this is nothing new. I remember thinking it was odd where in my elementary school class was fingerprinted at the age of about 7, back in 1990.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
They did this to me when I was in Kindergarten in 1990. I remember they told us that they wanted to have them in case we ever got lost or kidnapped. Yeah.... It was to make sure that any future crimes would be easier to solve because we all gave our fingerprints as children. This wasn't a (ask parents for permission) type thing. They just did it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
"No big deal" some say. Maybe not now, maybe not in 10 years but unfortunately things aren't always stable. Russia and China were once free countries too.
Imagine the following [half fictitious scenario]:

Germany 1938 , everyone has to give their finger prints and state their heritage. No big deal, why should it be. "Its for your safety, in case you go missing".

Fast forward 2-3 years. All Jews are rounded up in order to get horribly killed. Some Jews pretend to be German [and in reality some did and got away with it], however in my scenario they take the person's fingerprints and compare them to the ones gathered earlier. No more pretense possible, they have them by the short and curly.

See what I mean. Do you really think that everything will always stay the same?
Imagine what a mad leader can do with names and finger prints. Need people locked up? No problem, we have everything we need. Need to single out certain people, easy, all info has been given.
Furthermore there is the fact that humans are fallible. Your data might not be so safe:

See here:
www.dailymail.co.uk... 095303/Police-blunders-thousands-records-crimes-committed.html

Also the ancient may have been a little superstitious but they were right when they said that "knowing someone's name is having power over them".
If you know someone's name and have their finger prints and DNA, you own them.
You have to decide if you want to be owned or if you are a free individual.

Is it really "no big deal?" Think ahead.
I would love naive people like that in my populace if I were an evil leader, it would make things so much easier. Sigh.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Really? There have been fingerprinting campaigns for kids in school since I was a child.

What are we freaking out about now?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   
This is insane.

I just read a thread about sensational headlines, saying that we're all jumping at shadows, and need to relax.

Oh yeah? What was that about relaxing? Just shadows, eh? Right...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

you kinda jumped the gun on this one OP, lots of places do this all over and it is for a good reason. what if your kid was kidnapped? I'm 34 now, but when I was in 1st grade, I remember our police department fingerprinting kids for just this reason. good to see it is still going on. I really think you have nothing to worry about here.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Who authorized this? Is this a state thing or from the Department of Education? I can't even imagine a school district putting this through, surely this is illegal? Honestly, just my 0.2, there getting ready to shape the kids for a Police state. Mark of the beast and fingerprinting, all part of the American Dream.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
I ust dont understand why. Now the thing is that i was not told of it. The "schedule' was put out on friday. This month they were late! My issue is why are they fingerprinting kids. For what reason. What database. My kids because of my chosen profession are already in a government database. Why does the school need them.

maybe it is the schools own safety policy? did you happen to research the why, and for what reason? or did you just decide to come on to ATS and make a mountain out of a mole hill?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Apollo7
reply to post by semperkill

If it is done to register the child for Missing Persons issue, I dont really see the problem. I suggest GPS the childs phone. If this is some kind of program being done for the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children- Please dont worry! It is just a safeguard to protect our children! Just be aware that technology is changing and there are decret ways being done to all of us to get ready for the RFID. This is something in the new health Care Bill suppose to be implemented by 2014..to so call improve our access to healthcare..just be aware and research this ok. PS- there is a GPS Watch you can buy youre child..its somewhere on-line..I think thats a good idea.
edit on 5-5-2012 by Apollo7 because: (no reason given)

cause GPS'ing the phone is such a great idea

because a kidnapper can't grab up the phone and ditch it right?
then what?
fingerprinting is a great idea. and has helped save many children in the past.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
if all you criminals, I mean people out there are worried about big brother getting your prints, do this, it'll work just fine.
www.youtube.com...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:23 PM
link   
It's for Amber Alert, the program to identify children who are missing or may have been kidnapped by homocidal pedos by taking their fingerprints and then matching those prints to a photo i.d. they take and the prints are also to be used to help identify the murder victims. Totally useless in my opinion, usually by the time they find those kids theyre already dead, if they ever find them. In my state they have been fingerprinting for 30 years at least.
edit on 6-5-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Well...If your child is ever kidnapped, a record of their fingerprints would prove quite handy...That is why they fingerprint at a young age, and I'm sure they do for other reasons also. Think about it, when that child becomes an adult and commits a crime, they will have those fingerprints in a database...Ingenious if you ask me

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by apoc36

That's total BS. That's like them making other people get a gun license because of the criminals who messed it up for everyone. If they # up you punish them not us. Fingerprints haven't been kept on file like that yet for 236 years so far so I think they could deal with it. This whole thing is fishy. It's like if one person commits a murder it's like everyone who has a knife or car or gun w/e gets charged... That's basically the kind of logic they are displaying here.
edit on 6-5-2012 by SonofLeod because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
If a child is kidnapped it would be a photo or photos of the child that would help find them
Headline "Have you seen this fingerprint"
Alas only in the case of identification of a corpse would they be of any use by then it is too late.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by semperkill
Im so pissed right now. Just looked at the school schedule that was given out on Friday May 5th. One thing stood out. County school fingerprinting schedule. They scheduled 2 days One on May 2nd and the other on May 17th. I asked my son if he was fingerprinted he is 5 and didnt really understand. I then asked him if he ever had ink put on his fingers. He said no but on wednsday he had to make a butterfly on a blank piece of paper with his hands. He said that the teacher asked him what his name and birthday was. He asked her why she wants to know its already written on the bottom of the paper. I asked him to show me this paper since on fridays he always bring everything home. I mean everything. Not much "artwork" is going on.
To me this is akin to when the kids have tours of police station and the officer "shows them" how they fingerprint.
My daughter "she is older" told me that the teacher said all the older kids were to be fingerprinted later in the month. WTF! Is anyone is going this. Is this a normal school activity?

I was fingerprinted when I was in first grade, almost 20 years ago...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Really? There have been fingerprinting campaigns for kids in school since I was a child.

What are we freaking out about now?

Because it is being done without consent
Rule one of a free society - The Government are elected by the people to represent and serve the people
Reality - The Government rides rough shod over the people and acts like a master rather than the servant.

edit on 6-5-2012 by artistpoet because: typo

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Darkice19
I was fingerprinted in school 35 years ago. Its a normal practice. It's supposed to help your kids if they get kidnapped or something to that effect.

A few people jump in and keep saying this, but I don't think any of you caught on that it's BS.

"Or something or other, I'm not sure. I did it a long time ago, I repressed that memory, so it's okay for you too."

How does it help your child if he or she is kidnapped, if they had their fingerprints taken in school? Oh, that's right.. it doesn't. Because they're dusting for fingerprints at all the gas stations and rest stops whenever a kid goes missing? Please. When a kid gets kidnapped in this country, unless it's for ransom, that child is gone forever. Only in rare and I mean *rare* cases does the child turn up again. This program has done nothing to stop it, and it's a lie propagated by the people themselves to help each other swallow the pill faster.

It's personal-info data mining. Pretty obvious.

Your post wasn't particularly offensive, so I'm sorry I seem inflammatory towards you, but yours is just another in a successive line of similar "I did it once, so it's okay" posts I've seen and this is where I had to stop and give my input.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is another example of how so many are being conditioned to accept their loss of liberties in order for supposed safety. I am horrified that so many of you support the continual errosion of your freedoms.

Roll through a stop sign on a country road and get fined a $160. If the cop is having a bad day or you give him lip, he could taze you, trump-up assault charges, take you to jail and strip search you. Yet, billions are stolen from pension accounts, taxpayers, and social security by Banksters, J.P Morgan, Goldman-Sachs etc. How many convictions there? Better to spend tax dollars fingerprinting little kids. If you don't see the absurdity of this, you and America deserve what's coming.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join