It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kids fingerprinted at school!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VoidHawk
I stated much earlier in this thread that getting kids prints does not stop crime. I didnt know then that MANY of you were printed years ago. Didi it stop crime No. Did it give corporate employers more data on you Yes.

OP. For the sake of your kids Complain!!! its got nothing to do with crime.

Those fingerprints will help catalog all of us when we're placed in FEMA camps. This country is swinging so far to the right, passing fascism and right to totalitarian. Fingerprinting, spying, detaining, The Patriot Act and the National Defense Authorization Act, etc.

All Hail Obama!

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Oh god

DRAMA!

I did this same thing in Kindergarten, back in the early 1980s!

What happens if your kid is kidnapped? Oh can't go to the cops, dear me no, they are "THE MAN!" Can't trust them!

Whatcha gonna do? Hire Liam Neesen to rescue your tot?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by semperkill

Calm down now.

Back when I was in elementary school in the early 90's they took our fingerprints at some point too. Wasn't a big deal then. Nothing happened from it.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Now, I like a good conspiracy, even believe some have serious credence. But let's not be too paranoid....

I was fingerprinted in what probably, 3rd grade, 1983. For us it was when child abductions were on the rise (well maybe they were just reported more). Those finger prints, as far as I know, weren't forwarded to anybody. Just kept so if you wnet missing, they had a print to compare to anything that came up in the investigations (or probably also if they found your corpse!).

I've had to give my fingerprints for the following reasons.

When I was enlisting in the Armed Forces (First time was 1991 and they did each time!, you think they were "catalogued" but no..., and the last time I tried that was 2000), think I tried getting in 3 or 4 times.

I think in 1989 when I did my drivers license, but maybe not.

When I went to Europe on the International AIr Cadet Exchance 1993.

Other functions I did in the Civil Air Patrol.

When I became a foster parent 2002 (background check).

If I ever get around to getting a concealed carry permit i have to pay myself to have another set sent to Oklahoma Bureau of Investigation, to make sure I am not a known criminal....

And probably half a dozen other times. Now, by now, I would assume/think that there is a copy somewhere with the FBI, but anytime you need to do certain background checks they have to take them, and send them in to compare to the known charge/convicted felon lists. But because of that, it seems unlikely that the "FEDS" even keep all the ones sent to them, just tell the initiating agency whether those prints match up to a bad guy. Maybe they do keep them, but, if you plan to "live life" or hold a job above minimum wage or skill set it's likely your going to have to give up your fingerprints at some point.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   
They fingerprinted us when I was back in school in the 80s. They also put the child's picture with the fingerprint. I think it's just a precaution for the school in case a child goes missing. Or they can identify a child if something were to happen at the school.
edit on 6-5-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

I'll be asking Monday for my school. My son will not be participating...and that isn't optional unless they can explain what the purpose is. I hope it's isolated but with a second person on the thread saying it now, I believe it's worth checking. Mine has the full missing kid kit, twice in fact. Different ages for an update.
Parents get to keep that though....This is something reserved for criminals and security checks. Not School children. Enough is enough and we'll see if it's isolated tomorrow...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:09 AM
link   
I was fingerprinted in school 35 years ago. Its a normal practice. It's supposed to help your kids if they get kidnapped or something to that effect.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander
And probably half a dozen other times. Now, by now, I would assume/think that there is a copy somewhere with the FBI, but anytime you need to do certain background checks they have to take them, and send them in to compare to the known charge/convicted felon lists. But because of that, it seems unlikely that the "FEDS" even keep all the ones sent to them....

They don't. Agencies requesting a background check may keep copies, especially if they know a re-investigation will be required, but neither the FBI nor the Federal Investigative Services keep fingerprints submitted solely for backgrounds (except for certain national security positions). If they did, it would make my life a whole lot easier.

And they definitely don't keep those childhood anti-kidnapping fingerprints and use them for the benefit of "corporate employers" or "FEMA camps." I'm not even sure how that's supposed to work.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
If given advanced warning I would keep my daughter out of school those days. Also explain to her no to give her fingerprints. Just say "no" even if she gets at trouble at school she won't be at home. I am involved in my daughters day to day school activities. What they teach is scary! I can't fight the system and win but I can surely teach my daughter the truth at home.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:03 AM
link   
From what I read, it appears that this post has the member's kids getting fingerprinted and done without parents prior knowledge of this occurring wow, I am surprised that the States or at least, a state or county has decided to do things without prior parents knowledge or consent. I find it strange and saddening if this is occurring because then it will happen in Canada in about two or three years. Lets hope not...

If its happened where you live, sorry there should have been other signs- go out, move, vacate the premises, some things nitche right in Denmark...

edit on 6/5/12 by gardCanada because: grammar

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Taking the fingerprints without the parental consent is really alarming. More communication from the schools/police or whoever is involved may have supplied a simple and explanation as to why.

I also seem to have read that for about 40 years now the "Agpar" tests (heel pricks) performed on newborn babies is kept for DNA purposes. No matter how much we try to keep away from it a file with our knowledge is being built up on each of us.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My school system has never done this.

The only exception is if the parents order one of the missing child cards, then they put the child's fingerprint under their pic, add their height , weight, and eye color. But the parents have to order these cards in advance.

Have you called the school to ask why they are doing this?

I would think a DNA swab would be more effective anyway

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

Idk the laws for other states but here in Cali anyone who works with minors has to be fingerprinted and cleared through the DOJ before having contact. This now includes parents who volunteer in classrooms or as chaperones on field trips. I work in treatment facilities and anyone who works in a licensed facility with ANY age persons must be printed and cleared. I honestly couldn't tell you how many times I've had to be printed for work. It's a racket as they charge a ridiculous fee for it and many employers won't take a transfer, which is perfectly legal and valid, they want you to go get printed again.

I remember them printing kids when I was in school as well. They claimed it was in case we were kidnapped. I remember the whole ordeal made me sick to my stomach and I had no idea why. It just felt wrong. I don't remember if we had to get parent signatures.

I also worked at a professional photography studio while in high school, and we offered free finger printing and portraits for parents to keep to use if their children went missing. None of them ever even asked if the prints were sent to anyone else, like the police. They were. The studio owner's son worked for the school district police. He helped set the whole thing up like the studio was providing a free service to the community... Heh.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Yes fingerprinting is not new but being introduced as a "Security" measure so they say but I say my ass
For example a High School near here uses fingerprint recognition just to get school canteen lunch.
They already have everyones DNA and countless pieces of information which can be used to profile everyone.
This is all part of Social Engineering Programmes which have been going on since the day you were born.
Welcome to the Matrix

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
No no no, it's just to help the children, that's why they collect all that data. That's also why they want to control what the children eat at school, and why they want to censor much of the Internet, and suspend first graders for singing lyrics from a song in an m&ms commercial, and why they give electroshock therapy to autistic children that dont listen, And why they are trying to ban kids from running around At recess, and why they are vaccinating kids without parental consent (if the teenager/preteen says its ok) And god forbid children even Innocently touch a member of the opposite sex and not get charged with sexual harassment, It's all just to protect the children

(all that stuff is strictly at school only, that's Only the tip of the iceberg)

It's always about protecting the children
Who would argue against that?

Rather it's for a good cause or not, your consent means nothing. The sooner you realize that the children aren't yours, and belong to the state, the sooner they can get on with the autonomous technocratic takeover and everyone will be safe. Some will just be safer than others, as it's always been

Mmmkay?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

lemme guess.. Youre skitzin? Schools often do stuff like this. When I was a kid they had an "I dent a kid" programs. And they took our pictures and finger prints and gave info to some authority. Why? Cause they wanted to infiltrate our lives? Because they wann throw us in jail? No.. So when a kid goes missin, or is kidnapped, they have some information that could be useful in finding them. Now, when my school had done it 27 years ago, our parents had to sign us up for it. So, I dont know why, prhaps laws have changed,... But you should have been aware. But tell the teachers to remove your child from that assignment. Easy....... Oh.. And.. Your kids fingerprints.. Wont look the same some 5 10 years from now. Well, atleast my fingerprints changed as a grew into teen years..
edit on 6-5-2012 by Myendica because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:32 AM
link   
I don't know if this has been mentioned yet, but this will help in case if the child goes missing or is kidnapped or something happens to them so they can be able to identify the child easier.

However, they still don't have the right or any real legal means to do so. They still need parental permission and just can't do anything like this.

I sense a lawsuit.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Another way for Uncle Sam to get you in his data base. Not my kids. Not going to happen while I still have breath in my lungs.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I remember them going around doing this, but had to have parent permission,

I think my child would be sick on those days

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
I thought kids were always fingerprinted at school? When I was in elementary school some 13 years ago, I and everyone else was fingerprinted.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join