It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UPDATE: Laser Injures Delta Pilot in Flight

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Well, we've had another instance of a laser aimed at a commercial jet. Plane was landing at DFW when the laser penetrated the cockpit.

Dallas News (free subscription required)

[edit on 2-9-2005 by Valhall]

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Valhall,
What do you make of the delay between incidents? Were terrorists (false flag or otherwise) waiting for the heat to dissiapate after the last flurry of news reports? Or, is it just a fairly common thing for random stupid people to shine lasers at airplanes?

I'm thinking it's the latter, but I haven't made up my mind yet. It could be SAM laser rangefinder, or a pen sized laser pointer.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:42 AM
link   
I think you're right. I think stupid teenagers (and some of them have been stupid grown ups too!) think this is just really cool.

And, unfortunately, there's some people out there that have such a combination of stupid and sick that if they actually caused a crash and killed people they'd think that was a real buzz too.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Do you by any chance have another link? I hate having to subscribe just to read news stories. I've come across only old references to the 'original' incidents several weeks ago.

posted on Feb, 9 2005 @ 09:18 AM
link   
try this link

I think this should work to see an article on the DFW incident.

jm

posted on May, 21 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
This story about the US military now using lasers to blind the vision of vehicles in Iraq, makes me wonder if this Delta incident as well as some of the others reported by aircraft pilots were actually US military weapon experiments on our locals.

www.latimes.com...

posted on May, 22 2006 @ 06:36 AM
link   
This may add some light to the assassination of Paul Wellsone. The plane went down after approaching for landing and then beginning to drift off course. Mike Ruppert, former LAPD turned investigative reporter-author received this shortly after the crash and I quote, " The day after the crash a message from a former CIA operative who has proven extremly reliable in the past and who is personally familiar with these kinds of assassinations. The message read 'As I have said earlier, having played ball(and still playing, in some respects) with this current crop of reinvigorated old white men, these clowns are nobody to screw around with. There will be a few more strategic accidents. You can be certain of that.'"

All of this is in the forward to American Assassination: The strange death of Senator Paul Wellstone Who has the ability to cover all of these things up? Look at the neo con, chicken Hawk record under Reagan and Bush I. They, in most cases considered them extreme. That is the people that brought you Iran-Contra considered our present administration too extreme. Whose running the Asylum?

[edit on 22-5-2006 by polanksi]

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'll have to look into that. Curious as to if the airliner incidents were our military testing out the hardware.

posted on May, 23 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am still sort of confused, I mean, what kind of lasers are we talking about here? Are they the cheap kinds, or the ones that can actually burn stuff?

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Even the cheap kinds can cause vision problems.

posted on May, 24 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Time_is_now
I am still sort of confused, I mean, what kind of lasers are we talking about here? Are they the cheap kinds, or the ones that can actually burn stuff?

They aren't really meant to burn anything, though they can damage the retina if direct contact with the eyes occurs for a prolonged period of time.

The lasers being used here can be seen up to a distance of 2 miles, but first become effective at disrupting vision at 328 yards. At 110 yards the laser covers the target with a 16 inch diameter.

[edit on 5/24/2006 by infinite8]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join