It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anaemic Jobs Data Hit Obama Launch

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
The official Obama 2012 campaign starts out under a shadow of economic gloom.

- Obama Under Shadow -

Job growth is slowing.

Spiking the football over UBL killing made Obama look small.

Nothing is working.

Time for Plan B: Divert - Deflect - Divide

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh lets not forget, all the people that just "GAVE UP" looking for work, I guess they decided they will never work again and just live under a rock... or in section 8.

I really dont understand how they can get away with fluffing terrible numbers by saying people are giving up looking for work, they think my fellow americans are stupid... sometimes I wonder.

I think its going to get worse before it gets better, and I think the US gov is a huge part of the problem.

I think the new motto for the US gov should be.
Failed policies, poor planning, and weak execution.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Corporations are required to return gains on investments to shareholders.

Headcount is an expense that opposes that reality.

Consumers cannot consume without currency.

Understanding these three facts, intimately, would cause a thinking person to realize there is no fairytale ending to the current state of affairs.

We believe in democracy and capitalism as if they were still the purest implementation of their ideological truths.

Americans must schedule the intervention and be willing to accept that America may not want to be helped, in which case Americans must accept that the death of America is a choice America has made for itself.

There is no escaping the natural laws that govern our existence in this reality we call Earth.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Eurisko2012

A record in disabiliy claims
A record of people on food stamps.
A record in our credit rating downgrade.

This is Obamas legacy.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0
Oh lets not forget, all the people that just "GAVE UP" looking for work, I guess they decided they will never work again and just live under a rock... or in section 8.

I really dont understand how they can get away with fluffing terrible numbers by saying people are giving up looking for work, they think my fellow americans are stupid... sometimes I wonder.

I think its going to get worse before it gets better, and I think the US gov is a huge part of the problem.

I think the new motto for the US gov should be.
Failed policies, poor planning, and weak execution.

Growth -- Recession -- Stagnation

Welcome to stagnation.

Wall Street stared into the abyss and sold on Friday.

It's over. Obamas economic policies have failed.

It is what it is.

Will Americans vote for 4 more years of more $$$ debt and stagnation?

Dick Morris predicts a landslide victory for Romney.

Romney 55% / Obama 45%

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A record in disabiliy claims
A record of people on food stamps.
A record in our credit rating downgrade.

This is Obamas legacy.

Obama is the Food Stamp President who wrapped a wet blanket around Free Market

Capitalism and added $5 Trillion to the national debt.

Clearly, a 1 term president.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Obama is more like a "Zero Term" president.

He always spikes the football but someone always forgets to fill it with air.
That's why it never seems to bounce back

And we need to remember where the "Gave up looking for work" slogan is coming from.

People ARE looking, but not finding.

The "Gave Up" comes from the time limits set by gov standards, not workers.

edit on May-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
Obama is more like a "Zero Term" president.

He always spikes the football but someone always forgets to fill it with air.
That's why it never seems to bounce back

And we need to remember where the "Gave up looking for work" slogan is coming from.

People ARE looking, but not finding.

The "Gave Up" comes from the time limits set by gov standards, not workers.

edit on May-05-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

I think just one more gloomy job report like that and Obama will look for the nearest exit.

Just imagine 1 more bar to the right. - a smaller bar -

I can hear James Carville on the phone already.

"This isn't going to work."
edit on 5-5-2012 by Eurisko2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
An even bigger crime I put fully on the democrats who controlled Congress for the last two years Bush was president and the first two years Obama was president is the level of uncontrolled spending and lack of effort to cut any of it. Before the democrats took full control of Congress, gasoline was less than $2 a gallon. There has been zero effort that I can tell to reign in out of control spending and increase the value of our currency. Thus I blame the democrats for devaluing our currency robbing millions of Americans of the value in their savings accounts if they have been saving for retirement.

As far as promoting growth, I give a failing grade to Obama and the democrats in congress. I believe the US economy grows much better when the people have more money to spend, not when the government takes more and spends a lot more. Saying the answer is for the government to take more of the people's money and for the government to spend even more of the people's money through rationed health care and other government programs is not the answer. Unfortunately millions have bought into the lie.

I like the idea of health care insurance to pay benefits in case of emergencies. I do not believe the government should be making everyone pay increased health insurance premiums because of required mandatory coverage for all where routine check up visits are free. Routine ordinary visits need to cost everyone some money to deter those who may be hypochondriacs going to the doctor every week because they are afraid of something. I don't think I or you should be required to pay for those idiots.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

Obama has done nothing to help small business in America.

The Dog & Pony shows don't count.

Obama is clearly a 1 term president.

---------
The time has come to restore America.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Romney 55% / Obama 45%

I was just watching faux news, as I usually do to watch all of the BS. They had a poll asking... and the language is important here..

"Who has done the best job with our economy?"

Obama - 49%
Romney - 57%
Dont know - 8%

Then the anchor said something like 'its clear that Romney is a driving force in blah blah' I dont remember the exact numbers, but above gives you an idea..

That isnt a Landslide, its more like a divided poll, which... doesn't tell us much. If it was a vote, then yes Romney would win the vote of who did what and best or whatever, but its not, its a poll, which tells us that people are pretty much divided, and we dont know the circumstance in which the poll was taken, which adds doubt.

And I really dont understand why only Romney is included in these one sided polls, but thats a conversation for another thread.

edit on 5-5-2012 by sicksonezer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by sicksonezer0

Romney 55% / Obama 45%

I was just watching faux news, as I usually do to watch all of the BS. They had a poll asking... and the language is important here..

"Who has done the best job with our economy?"

Obama - 49%
Romney - 57%
Dont know - 8%

Then the anchor said something like 'its clear that Romney is a driving force in blah blah'

That isnt a Landslide, its more like a divided populace. And I really dont understand why only Romney is included in these one sided polls, but thats conversation is for another thread.

When Obama beat McCain 53% to 47% th MSM called it a landslide then.
edit on 5-5-2012 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by sicksonezer0

With an economy stuck in stagnation ABO will win the election.

- Anybody But Obama -

---------
It's over.

Obamas economic policies have failed.

We will push a free market capitalist in the front door of the White House January 2013.

- Get us out of this mess! -

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Obama has been an abissmal failure there is an article floating around saying there are 80 million people out of work /underemployed that is more than the "failure" of the last guy.

The Great big O needs to go we can't afford another 4 more.
edit on 5-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   

The Bureau of Labor Statistics reported that the unemployment rate fell to 8.1 percent in April from 8.2 percent in March. But that wasn’t great news, because it reflected a decline in the share of the population in the labor force, to the lowest level since December 1981. When people drop out of the labor force they aren’t counted as unemployed, so the jobless rate goes down.

More bad news: Average hourly earnings were essentially unchanged, and there was no increase in the length of the average hourly workweek. One of the few bright spots is that the government revised upward its estimate of job creation in March, to 154,000 from the initially reported 120,000.

To put it simply, if you fall down a well, you’ll climb out faster if it’s 10 feet deep than if it’s 100 feet deep.

Putting Our Slow Jobs Recovery Into Perspective

Its a Joke. Obamas a Joke.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Hate RT News,but Peter Schiff knows whats up.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
Obama has been an abissmal failure there is an article floating around saying there are 80 million people out of work /underemployed that is more than the "failure" of the last guy.

The Great big O needs to go we can't afford another 4 more.
edit on 5-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

This won't work.

The payroll revenue is falling fast.

We need Americans jumping in not out.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Think about it. PEOPLE are leaving the work force.People are just giving up,under this administration. Those people are NOT paying taxes. Those people are most likely receiving benefits from the Government. This is what Obama wants? Another 4 years to prove what a failure he already is? Im not willing to give him 4 more weeks !

Come on people.

edit on 5-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   

t is just getting sad now. In April the number of people not in the labor force rose by a whopping 522,000 from 87,897,000 to 88,419,000. This is the highest on record. The flip side, and the reason why the unemployment dropped to 8.1% is that the labor force participation rate just dipped to a new 30 year low of 64.3%.

www.zerohedge.com...

88 million people!!!

Seriously what the hell.

I concur Obama is joke.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
Think about it. PEOPLE are leaving the work force.People are just giving up,under this administration. Those people are NOT paying taxes. Those people are most likely receiving benefits from the Government. This is what Obama wants? Another 4 years to prove what a failure he already is? Im not willing to give him 4 more weeks !

Come on people.

edit on 5-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

The icing on the cake: Jobs are being created......overseas!

Obamas mountain of regulations is creating an environment for US companies to flee

the USA and hire overseas.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join