It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taking ANOTHER step back.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   
After reading this thread-

www.abovetopsecret.com...

-I've come to realise just how much 'info' I absorb without really following up and looking for evidence lately. Before today I've always thought I took a balanced and unbiased approach but the above thread has made me realise I don't always do that.

It seems once I took that step back and opened my mind to alternative truths, there's been the danger of then accepting everything I watch or read as reliable info.

This has forced me to take YET ANOTHER step back and realise that I've got to be a lot more critical towards info sites and articles etc.

Here is an example of something I've taken as the truth for a while and I even linked it today and thanks to Seeker11's thread I actually looked for the evidence and removed the link I posted because the article seems to be fabricated and false.

Here's the article-

www.thepeoplesvoice.org...

Now, I've searched today for evidence of this statue being called the 'Spirit of Zionism' and it seems to be false. In fact, researching it myself shows the giant spider to be called 'Maman'. The article listed the creator correctly but also seems to have made up the words of former London Mayor John Stuttard who had supposedly said that the statue was keeping the theme of Zion that ran in the Olympic logo.

Now I can't find this quote anywhere to verify it.

So I just want to say thank you to Seeker's thread, I actually wasn't aware just how much info I was taking in and accepting as gospel without doing my own work.

For the record the Olympic logo does seem to spell Zion but that article is clearly false propaganda, it's something I, and perhaps many others, need to be more aware of in the future, especially when it comes to sharing info with other people.

Thanks for listening.

edit on 5-5-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
What the hell is the point of your thread?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by ThisToiletEarth

Well I just wanted to share my opinion, seeker's thread has showed me that me and a lot of other people take info for granted.

Just showing how easy it is for someone to post an 'article' and for people to take it as the truth.

No need for your harsh response, just wanted to share my opinion that's all.

new topics

join