It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Whom it May Concern.... The British People Will NOT Yield... This is Why...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by BIHOTZ
It's funny how the English think they have a culture that isn't on the same beat as the USA. Like you have such strange and different quarks to you. Differences yes, but the similarities are too many to list and are so funny when made fun of. Anything you accuse the American public of, you can say of the English. There is nothing to really set yourselves apart.

In the end we have all been force fed the same culture with minor differences. Your history and your mannerisms, that's it. The rest is cloned so keep laughing. You are in desperate need of mirrors.

edit on 7-5-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

As hesitant as I am to post on this thread, I wanted to comment on your post.

Why shouldn't we be similar? Many, many Americans are descended from England and the UK. At one time, most of us were, and before that, all of us were.

Why shouldn't we have similarities? If we went back far enough in our ancestries, we would see we have the same blood. My family came from Wales.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Patriotism is the last refuge of the scoundrel.

posted on May, 9 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by rigel4

Thank You for understanding the implications of my post. I think it is a good thing that people have pride in there Country that they live in as well as their country or origin.

I am a Fifth Generation American. I try to post FACTS and try to stay away from we are better or you other guy's are not.

When a person talks about the U.S. they have to understand the complexity of this nation as well as the Heavy Burden of Responsibility the U.S. carries. They may say thing such as the U.S. is not needed or We would be fine on our own...but in the case of the deep relationship that exists between and within both the U.K. and the U.S....some folks may take many things for granted. I do not...I hope people in the U.K. do not also.

The U.S. Military is Global and the U.K. is part of this Global Network. Without this Network...the World would be a much more dangerous place. Split Infinity

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Some have made valid points and some have come out with absolute sh*te, don't you realise that both of our nations have done things that neither should be proud of, but at the end of the day we would back the usa and the usa would back usa.
We are just the innocent pawns in a game of chess(expendable) our goverments don't care what happens, in the event of suituation that was highly volitile they would be whipped to safety we would be left under the control of the military. If the uk was to come under attack I for one would fight to protect our country if I was in the usa and it happened I would also stand side by side with you and fight.
As for tempers being generic etc etc mine is inherited from the scottish/irish and welsh ancestry being 5ft nothing and female I'm told I'm a bit of a hellion lol

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join