It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'ArkLaTex' UFO Witnesses Step Forward

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
"SHREVEPORT, LA (KSLA) - A number of Americans say they're convinced the government isn't telling us everything they know about UFOs. Several people say they've spotted UFOs right here in the ArkLaTex.

According to the Gallup poll, nearly half of us think alien UFOs have visited earth. UFO sightings from across the world in recent years are not the only events catching the public's eye. In UFO folklore, for example, a radio program from Coast to Coast AM with Art Bell is still a hot topic, nearly 15 years after it first aired on September 11th, 1997.

It involved a caller who claimed to be a former employee of the infamous Area 51. In various stages of tears and panic, the caller claimed to know the true nature of the UFO phenomenon. "Uh, they're extra-dimensional beings," said the caller to Art Bell.

The caller also claimed, "They are not what they claim to be," and then added, "They want the major population centers wiped out." Moments later something knocked the nationally-syndicated broadcast off the air. Art Bell came back on air thirty seconds later and explained the back-up generator had kicked-in and he had no idea what happened.

UFOs are also no stranger to people living right here in the Ark-La-Tex. "It was just a tear drop shape, stationary in the sky, " says a Shreveport-Bossier businesswoman, who wanted to be identified only as "Renee."

Renee says she wanted to remain anonymous, fearing ridicule for going public with her UFO sighting. "I believe people think you're seeing things or you drink too much."

Renee says what she saw in the skies above Shreveport back in June 2011 looked 'otherworldly.' "It looked like a tear in the atmosphere." And she's not alone.

"The west side of that tower, you just see several lights hovering," pointed Tina Marie, as she gave us a drive in her car. This Haughton woman retraced her night from a few months back, when she spotted those lights while driving on Interstate-220.

She had been heading to work as a law enforcement dispatcher. Marie described what she did next. "Grabbed my phone, turned my camera on, stuck it up here and just took a picture, and sent it to KSLA." "
Read MUCH more: www.ksla.com...

*The Ark-La-Tex refers to Southwest Arkansas (Ark), Northwest, Louisiana (La) and Northeast Texas (Tex).

Watch the entire video here:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:37 AM
link   
Nice copy & paste job

Why don't you give us your thoughts on the story you thought was important enough to post .

As for the video I see
Time lapse photography
Rockets
The Jerusalem hoax
A hoax call on the C2C radio show
Solar balloon
Some lights in the sky and finishing of with another rocket .

Ok now I see why

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Haha yeah, I just copied the descriptions for more information :p
The jerusalem ufo was a hoax, I know that xD.
But i think the call from the former employee of area 51 was real.
Because how come something knocked the nationally-syndicated broadcast off the air.
And they didn't know what happened? Either that guy is a really good actor or it's real.
Some ufo videos are hoax, some are real. But I definately believe in aliens and ufos, that's my opinion :].

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

If you mean the 1997 area 51 employee calling in a panicked state... it would appear to be a fake. Here is the same guy calling back some time (months?) later and confessing.
I stumbled across the link on here ages ago.

edit on 5/5/12 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Probably a stunt by art bell for ratings. I am sure with success.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Crashyy

But I definately believe in aliens and ufos, that's my opinion

And man made ufos are too much of a stretch in credibility or just not a popular supported
opinion. Perhaps some are man made now by reverse engineering or the aliens are helping
with their technology from their 50,000 years advanced knowledge. I think those are some
of the popular ideas on man made ufos.

Well ufos out west have been flying for enough time to be as common place as in the hey
day of German pilots around Roswell. The idea to make the saucer alien was the elite way
to hit the papers with a big lie so no one would say different. It continues today.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
What I often wonder is; what comes first? The belief in UFOs, or seeing some hoax on Youtube?

If belief comes first, before any evidence for or against, then there's no basis for belief other than faith or want/need.

If belief comes after seeing hoax videos on Youtube and it's later proven all the videos are hoaxes, or simply misidentified normal phenomenon, then, the belief is based on lies and illusion.

If you're a believer, which one are you? If not either, then, why do you believe? Do you feel your belief is important to you and why so? When looking at new evidence, what is your first reaction: do you immediately think UFO/Alien, do you simply not know and accept what other people say it is, or do you actually try to question what it is before arriving at belief?

What makes a believer believe?
How many believers subscribe to some kind of religious faith compared to believers that are atheist?

edit on 5-5-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
In the original video, all the anomalous aerial phenomena are nighttime rocket launches. Yes, they can look eerie and weird, and that's exactly what they look like.

top topics

join