It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone have a list of credible online news shows?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I'm not talking about comedy shows like the Colbert report or the Daily Show. I want to know the different independent online shows for ideological groups of all sides (that are credible). I like to watch the Young Turks even though I am not of the liberal persuasion... and I find that I watch the Young Turks on youtube even more than I watch actual news. So does anyone have a good list of shows that would be good?

And please don't mention Democracy Now... Democracy Now is not credible. Amy Goodman doesn't do a good job at screening her guests. And anti-war.com radio isn't that good either. I've listened to them and they have good source material on their website but their host is incomprehensible (and I'm about as big of an anti-war Ron Paul supporter as you can get). Alex Jones doesn't count either.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

I'm not talking about comedy shows like the Colbert report or the Daily Show. I want to know the different independent online shows for ideological groups of all sides (that are credible).

You may want to take a walk on the wild side frank...

Ever venture into the deep web..? Not talking about the hidden wiki either...a whole different layer than that.

The 'news' you seek is out there dude - kinda like me...at least tonight anyways.

Send a few bitcoins my way and we'll talk...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Why would you expect Amy Goodman to screen her guests? Do you want reputable or spoon-fed propaganda? Seriously, I mean. I don't think that there should be any impetus of selecting guests of a specific caliber to be on a news show.

Also, let's go ahead and separate out the first 10 minutes of Democracy Now from the last 50. The first 10 are news stories, the last 50 are filled with one or more interviews. Is there slant? Yes. Clearly Amy Goodman and Juan Gonzalez are not Republicans, though they're obviously not died-in-the-wool Democrats either.

That being said, the interviewees are people who have a certain agenda. This is no different than Fox News, CNN, Colbert, John Stewart, Oprah, the View, etc. This is the one common theme between all shows with guests.

The difference between all these shows is the participation and/or influence of the interviewer.

Amy Goodman not screening the guests is exactly what you want. She's not supposed to provide you with the right or wrong answer (or a guru or political mystic who shall be exalted as having that answer). She's doing what she's supposed to: provide you with a person and that person's story. You, the viewer, go from there. This is hardly what CNN and FOX do.

top topics

join