It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are there any airplanes that look like a space shuttle ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
After reading the title of this thread here The Space Shuttle Enterprise Flies Over NYC, i was instantly reminded of a dream i had last night.

All i remember is that my husband and i were looking up at a clear blue sky and discussing what was coming towards us, at first we thought it was a ufo, but as it got closer i said its a space shuttle.

It didn't quite look like the one in the thread i linked, its wings started closer to the front of the aircraft. I'm very curious and im wondering if such an aircraft actually exist.

Whateva

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Cant say it'd be aerodynamically correct if it were simply a plane, so I don't think so.

But you say you dreamt of a shuttle flying towards you? Why have I had that same dream, but it's not flying, more falling. And the feeling is of tremendous impending doom, as it falls towards me/my house.

Crazy but I only have those dreams certain times, and not for a while, so your post piqued my interest.

Lets hope it's just active imaginations.... but now I'll be looking up during the day too lol

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

wow you had a similar dream

its such a weird dream to have, to me it wasn't falling as such but more descending slowly at an angle towards us.
im guessing it was low though, because i could see it so clearly.

edit on 5/5/12 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Like this one?

However I am not 100% sure this particular spacecraft has made it passed the concept stage yet.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

nope not that one, but thank you uber,
i didn't think to look up concept art, ill go and have a look now.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Almost like the one at the bottom, but the wing starts closer to the cockpit, and im not sure if it had one tail fin or two that stick up.

i found this pic here Next generation space plane unveiled

note: NOT the capsule looking one, its body wasn't "bullet" shaped and it didn't tapper in like the one above it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Maybe THIS

It's the Boeng X37b

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

close , but it was bigger and it had a wrap around cockpit window.

i don't know much about space exploration or military aircraft, and im actually surprised i could and can tell the difference between an aircraft and a space shuttle.

thank you for reading and trying to find what it could have been.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:14 AM
link   
Tacit Blue?

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

nope that's not it. but omg that is the strangest looking plane. it looks like its a make it yourself "kit Plane"

lol mind you it wouldnt be a cheap kit plane

In 1982, the Tacit Blue flew for the first time in a test flight, and after that it flew 135 times over 3 years. The entire program cost $165 million and Northrop, as the main contractor, received $136 million. The data collected from the Tacit Blue project was later used on the B-2 Spirit, also made by Northrop.

The B-2 Spirit costs a record of $570 million per plane, so only 20 B-2's were built. The B-2 is a stealth bomber. One B-2 could complete a bombing raid which previously required 32 F-16s, 16 F-15s, and 27 support aircraft. It gets its stealth because it is a flying wing, complete with all the minor measurements and calculations to make it virtually invisible to radar, making it invincible to enemy defenses. It can also carry a pretty heavy bomb load. Basically an infinitely better plane then the Tacit Blue.

Tactic Blue

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
What about going back a bit in the past?

Virtually a flying wing, wings right up to the cockpit, 'wrap around cockpit' a big plane, a bomber and could fly right at you, the AVRO Vulcan. Just below head on profile, it would look just like a flying disc, (no bother there, so would a lot of aircraft) fits perfect.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by smurfy

nope not that either, the wing span is way to wide, and since it was a dream i saw it in, im guessing it mustn't be a real craft.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
just a thought. Aurora Project maybe?

posted on Jun, 3 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I had another dream of a space shuttle last night, i saw the craft much better this time. if only i could draw.
the wings started close to the nose, roughly under the cockpit window.

the wings were not one complete part, the front wing was joined to the craft by a strut of some sort, so it could open up and close (tuck in) almost like a pectoral fin on a shark.

it was held on to the main body by something like this gas strut

with the main large wing just behind it.

I also posted this in my dreams thread here Whateva69"s Dreams

Love and harmony
Whateva

top topics

join