It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Presidential Election Explained - Civics in a Minute

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   
I often find in our political discussions here on ATS that many members out there are, for lack of a better term, ignorant to the election processes.

I found these excellent videos that shed some light on matters that are confusing or foreign to some. They are short, sweet and to the point, while making it fun at the same time.

Primaries vs. Caucuses

Electoral College System

Who Picks the Vice President?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Hey, great thread.. I like those videos.

I think they speak for themselves, haha.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ketzer22
Hey, great thread.. I like those videos.

I think they speak for themselves, haha.

Thanks, Ketzer. I really enjoyed them and I think they do a great job of illustrating the process. Much more fun to watch than most anything on this topic. I'm happy you liked them too!

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Thanks for posting the videos. I haven't watched them yet, being quite busy at the moment, but I will get back to them. I thought I would post a link to the Rules of the Republican Party as an addition to your videos.

These rules, particularly the ones concerning the binding and releasing of delegates, are going to be the object of a lot of scrutiny in the run up to the convention.

www.gop.com...

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ipsedixit
Thanks for posting the videos. I haven't watched them yet, being quite busy at the moment, but I will get back to them. I thought I would post a link to the Rules of the Republican Party as an addition to your videos.

These rules, particularly the ones concerning the binding and releasing of delegates, are going to be the object of a lot of scrutiny in the run up to the convention.

www.gop.com...

Excellent! Nice contribution.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I strongly believe that no citizen of any country should be allowed to vote until they've completed a civics class to a passing grade.

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

fantastic..

thanks for pointing those out..

quick, concise..to the point..

especially helpful with all the "gee Ron Paul lost" or "is unelectable" repeaters out there..

wonder if we will see attempted changes to this system when he wins..

posted on May, 8 2012 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Very educational videos. Thanks for sharing them. Surprisingly, and maybe it's because I am in Canada, I am okay with the Electoral College as I believe it prevents a person being chosen for just saying something popular rather than saying something smart. Ex. The Electoral College would likely prevent Snookie from ever becoming the first female President of the United States if the masses got Snookie fever and she decided to humour them by running.

new topics

top topics

join