It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cantor revives GOP war on working poor

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:01 PM
link   
can't beat em, join em

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yay, another liberal LIE attacking the GOP. They'd call him a baby rapist, too, if they thought they could get away with it.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

The fact is corporate welfare costs taxpayers three times as much as social welfare.

Really?
www.usdebtclock.org...

15 trillion for Social Security
20 trillion for Prescription Drugs
82 trillion for Medicare

50 million on Welfare
over 1 trillion in student loans
and not counting Medicaid

hmmm
edit on 4-5-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

FYI...Social Security and Medicare, Including the unfunded Part D prescription coverage (enacted by G.W.Bush) are not "welfare" programs. Just because someone has stolen, or should I say "redirected" the funding which was paid in by working people leaving the programs underfunded, doesn't make them welfare programs. They are really designed to be much more like insurance programs.

Maybe, just maybe it's time we recalled those stolen funds by enacting the Buffett rule and raising the tax rates on the wealthiest americans and closing corporate loopholes in the tax code. I would just imagine that most of the stolen money was given away over the years as tax breaks and loopholes for the ultra wealthy to begin with.

On another note, the number of working poor on welfare in this country could be greatly reduced by not allowing employers to pay below poverty level wages. Besides providing more family income and reducing the welfare burden, it would also mean more tax revenue for the feds, which could be used to help pay down the debt. If I didn't know better, I'd say it sounds like a win, win, win situation to me.

When it comes to student loans, I again fail to see how they qualify as "welfare." They are "loans" after all, which means they are expected to be re-paid at some time in the future. However, I would agree that college grants, as well as Medicaid, could both be considered as forms of welfare and yes, study after study has shown that we spend 3 dollars on corporate welfare for every dollar spent on social welfare.

It helps to NOT get your apples and oranges confused.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Social Security is an entitlement program for the simple fact

You pay 6% into that per year the employer pays another 6% which breaks down to someone who is making 35 grand a year means they paid a whopping $2,100 in that year for however long they work.

The employer matched that at another $2,100 and yet people get out far more than they ever paid in.

That is an entitlement since your getting paid back more than you ever paid in.

Ok then, using that same logic-your 401K is an entitlement program, if/when you ever cash in on that or your savings, you can be termed as a welfare bum.

Se how that works? Silly huh.........

That is an entitlement since your getting paid back more than you ever paid in.

edit on 5-5-2012 by RobinB022 because: To add...

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by The Sword

Yep and thats why liberals always try to steal money from me but i get the last laugh cause all i have to do is move it to a swiss account.

Admitting tax evasion on a public forum, that is most likely heavily scrutinized by the alphabet agencies = Brilliant!

Daddy wouldn't be happy

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by RobinB022

lol, good point

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join