It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Researcher at infectious disease laboratory in San Francisco dies of rare bacterial infection

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
the young man went into this profession because of a family tragedy (not specified in the article), his fellow workers said he was vey careful, meticulous was the word they used.

what happened, how did he catch it, was he careless, we are human after all.......
edit on 6-5-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Threat number two in the countdown in the above video is about the biological threat to our survival. Notice that the Spanish Flu outbreak, after World War One, killed 30,000,000 within in Europe and 100,000,000 of the population worldwide, including the USA, usually within the first half hour from contact, due to "Anaphylactic Spasm", suffocating the victim. That was a fatality rate of a mere 3%. Thus a pandemic virus with 60% lethality would kill 20 times more than that. That is 2,000,000,000 of the world population. Since our world is so much more congested and interconnected than then, thus we could easilly expect double that figure, such that two thirds of the worlds population could be gone within the first few weeks of such a pandemic. Since the virus would be, by design, impregnable to vaccines and antibiotics, the lethality would approach 100%. The worlds number one expert on biological warfare "Popov" has said that by design the biological weapons [small pox virus] that he developed during his time in the Soviet Union were capable of 100% lethality. Ebola is lethal at the best of times anyway being 60% but by design that lethality can easilly reach 100% and although Ebola is normally not so contagious, that also by design can be changed, so that it can become as easilly transmission able as the common cold or the influenza. Meningitis is a condition that can arise due to viruses or bacterium, either way, by design, they too can be made such that they can transmit just as easilly. By design these virus and bacterium would be completely unaffected by any vaccines, drugs or antibiotics. The only protection against this kind of man made "designer" biological threat is to enforce a strict quarantine. The medical services would simply collapse under the pressure and are not immune to dying too. Obviously a state of martial law would begin with mass cullings of the infected to try to prevent the pathogen from spreading across the world. All hell will break out. This is surely going to happen. Not if, but when. Probably sooner rather than later. Are you ready for it ? Although most of you have not yet had enough time to digest it, nevertheless such a pandemic begins with just one laboratory worker, or anyone, anywhere, getting infected, and then taking that pathogen home with him, thus infecting his family, who then take it to school, who then spread it further ... like a genie that is out of the bottle ... there will be no stopping it ... until two thirds of the world is dead. Additionally shocking is just how quickly it can happen. The rapidity with which the pathogen can spread. Interestingly all the scriptures of the world have long predicted these apocalyptic disasters. Disease being just one possibility. Thus I insert for you the video below which reveals this precognitive aspect of the problem.

edit on 6/5/2012 by CAELENIUM because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by CAELENIUM

Incredible. I've never seen someone derail their own thread this rapidly.

Looks like there's some good news out of this:

San Francisco Department of Public Health spokesperson Eileen Shields said because the young man died on Saturday and because the incubation period is 3 to 5 days, it’s unlikely that anyone else has been infected.

All local hospitals have been put on alert to watch out for anyone coming in with the symptoms and to immediately contact public health, but as of this time, there have been no reports.
Source.

It doesn't look like anyone else was infected.
edit on 7/5/2012 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by timetothink

My sister died from a strain,similar to this one. It is very rare. No one knows how my sister contracted it,but after talking to doctors,and getting info from the CDC,it happens like 4 times a year,at least the strain my sister had.

Yes,headache,fever,one day,dead the next.

My suggestion? Give a kiss to your kids,and show some love to friends and family,EVERYDAY. You never know when it could be your last.

Edit to add: EVERYONE that was around my sister was given HEAVY doses of antibiotics,very powerful ones,and immediately. They didn't play around with it.

Peace
edit on 6-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

I lost a cousin to it.

She was a college student and called home to tell her folks she felt like crap.

Her father is a cardiac surgeon and her mother is an RN. They told her to take some Aspirin and get some sleep, 4 hours later she was dead. Her dad is a very competent doctor, he's the head of his department, and her mom is a very good nurse. It's just one of those rare bad cards you get dealt. Even if she went in to the ER they likely couldn't have stopped anything at that point anyway.

It's still possible he didn't get it at work. Not as likely, but still possible.

I say this because there are precautions at these labs, and if he'd had an accident he would have known it, and he would have known enough to suspect he had been exposed. For all we know his lab technique was perfect.
edit on 7-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by AGWskeptic

Crazy.

I feel for your family. Yes,I believe he might have just caught it,but the odds are not in his favor.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1

Crazy.

I feel for your family. Yes,I believe he might have just caught it,but the odds are not in his favor.

Sarah was 19 when she died.

How old was your sister?

15-25 seems to be the golden window for the most part.

One of the hospitals I worked at in the early 90's had a meningitis outbreak and it was a pretty tense couple of weeks. One 17 year old boy died at the start and by the end 3 total had died, 2 teens and an elderly patient they couldn't figure out how became infected.

It's scary how fast some of these microbes can kill.

edit on 7-5-2012 by AGWskeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Had a scholarship for Michigan State,full boat.

Yes....... Scary how quick.

I do remember telling her I loved her,as my family took her to the hospital. We all thought it was the flu. Little did I know,her telling me she loved me back,would be the last time....

Strange how it works,hey?

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

That sucks man, I feel for you.

But when you run to the ER for every earache they call you a overbearing parent.

It's just a big scary crapshoot.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join