It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White Buffalo Killed in Texas

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Saw this had happened on monday, so very sad. To some this may seem like a trivial thing. It really hit a chord within myself.

dfw.cbslocal.com...
edit on 4-5-2012 by trig_grl because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
weird that they don't know the reason of death. i was under the impression it was killed, but they are trying to determine death.

cultural icons like that are priceless and hold great meaning for those involved. i would have liked to see one myself.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Well this is certainly not good. If the white buffallo does carry the spiritual significance that the natives claim, then certainly the butchering and skinning of said buffallo carries its equivalent significance...ie., not good! I, for one, fear God. He's just so...big. The thought of an angry God is to me, terrifying.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

This is awful...today has been a terrible day at our home and this seems to solidify my loss of faith in humanity....I am so tired of crying over evil people.

I do have a question to ATS ers out there....is there some type of mythology about the birth or killing of a white buffalo and the end times?

If this earth should ever be destroyed, it will be by desire, by the lust of pleasure and self-gratification.

— Lame Deer

edit on 4-5-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
This report states it was killed and skinned, the mother was found dead a day later.

www.myfoxdfw.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The story from your link

Hunt County deputies are investigating the death of a rare white buffalo. CBS 11 News sources say Lightning Medicine Cloud was found butchered and skinned on Monday. The next day the buffalo’s mother was found dead.

The white buffalo holds great significance to Native Americans. Lightning Medicine Cloud was born almost a year ago on the Lakota Buffalo Ranch in Greenville.

Ranch owner Arby Little Soldier has said at the time that the animal is a one in ten million occurrence.

Arby Little Soldier is a member of the Lakota tribe and also says white buffaloes are considered sacred and carry a significant spiritual message.

Last year hundreds showed up to see the buffalo in person.

No one at the ranch would comment Thursday.

Someone who picked up the phone at the ranch said a ceremony was still scheduled next week to honor Lightning Medicine Cloud’s birthday.

The Texas Rangers along with the sheriff’s office are trying to figure out what happened.

I consider this a very grave omen

Link

We Lakota people have a prophecy about the white buffalo calf. How that prophecy originated was that we have a sacred bundle, a sacred peace pipe, that was brought to us about 2,000 years ago by what we know as the White Buffalo Calf Woman.

The story goes that she appeared to two warriors at that time. These two warriors were out hunting buffalo, hunting for food in the sacred Black Hills of South Dakota, and they saw a big body coming toward them. And they saw that it was a white buffalo calf. As it came closer to them, it turned into a beautiful young Indian girl.

She brought us these seven sacred ceremonies and taught our people the songs and the traditional ways. And she instructed our people that as long as we performed these ceremonies we would always remain caretakers and guardians of sacred land. She told us that as long as we took care of it and respected it that our people would never die and would always live.

One of those prophesies was that the birth of a white buffalo calf would be a sign that it would be near the time when she would return again to purify the world. What she meant by that was that she would bring back harmony again and balance, spiritually.

No matter what happens to Miracle in the coming months and years, Joseph Chasing Horse says the birth is a sign from the Great Spirit and the ensuing age of harmony and balance it represents cannot be revoked.

Killing it was maybe intentional
some people really dont want this world peace
now they have pissed off the spirits or aliens more then ever by killing this beautiful creature

edit on 5/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

here are a few links, hope your day gets better

www.merceronline.com...

www.livingmyths.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
This is a very important happening. The murderers would use the body parts for dark and evil magic. Bad mojo.

I am greatful that the Mother no longer suffers as well, her pain and agony of the death of her baby was torture.

Send light, love and prayers to the family and to the blessed animals.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:02 PM
link   
This horrible story only goes to remind me...

There are no evil animals...only evil people....

The Native Americans will find who did this evil deed.

Des

edit on 4-5-2012 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

This sounds like a set up to me. Alot of people do know the importance of the white buffalo. I wouldn't be surprised if it was done to further the whole 2012 Apocalpse nonsense...such a waste of a beautiful animal.
edit on 4-5-2012 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by trig_grl

Thank you Trig...at least I know I am not crazy too...I really did hear something.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The only good sign i can pick up
is that this White Buffalo was born to give us a sign of whats coming to humanity

News of the calf spread quickly through the Native American community because its birth fulfilled a 2,000-year-old prophecy of northern Plains Indians. Joseph Chasing Horse, traditional leader of the Lakota nation, explains that 2,000 years ago a young woman who first appeared in the shape of a white buffalo gave the Lakota's ancestors a sacred pipe and sacred ceremonies and made them guardians of the Black Hills. Before leaving, she also prophesized that one day she would return to purify the world, bringing back spiritual balance and harmony; the birth of a white buffalo calf would be a sign that here return was at hand.

Link

She knew the risk to come here and be exterminated by the evil of this earth
but she came most importantly with a sign
that the spiritual balance will happen soon on earth
everyone will live in harmony

This White buffalo for the native is like the return of the messiah
it has the same importance and significance
edit on 5/4/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
And then killed the mother too?!

Is the skull still intact? Did anyone call the Skull and Bones Society? Maybe there is a new buffalo skull next to Geronimo's.

This is disgusting and is either a redneck jackass move or something deeper, to pierce a potential prospect of peace or it's representation. I bet it was more of a drunken jackass move, but nothing would surprise me, in terms of ritualistic evil, either.
Now wait a minute, I just found this and wonder if it is related?

American Indians across the internet are flocking to the website of Texas Hunt Lodge today—and not because they’re planning a hunting trip. No, they’re alarmed by a page on the site dedicated to the White Buffalo Hunt Package, which advertises a chance to kill a white buffalo for $13,500.

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

Texas Hunt Lodge allows the opportunity to hunt and harvest the Authentic and Rare White Buffalo. … There are no seasonal restrictions on hunting the White Buffalo, or White Bison, in Texas, which makes it a suitable trophy year round.

We typically let our hunters choose the method of hunting White Buffalo that they prefer. Hunters of White Buffalo can choose the Spot and Stalk method, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Black Powder, Safari Style Hunting, Handgun, as well as hunting from a Blind. We can accomodate hunters of any age and experience level, as well as hunters which have physical disabilities or may be confined to a wheelchair.

Our White Buffalo bulls weigh 1200 -1500lbs, and have horns in the 17-20 inch ranch…your white buffalo trophy will be a huge!

And I say to myself...."what a wonderful world?".....

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Whoever did this, and took the trouble to skin it and then kill its mother, is a very sick person.

It is also definitely a statement, and seems to fit the definition of a "hate crime" in the sense that it was done to a religious icon.

Here is a quote from a previous white buffalo death in the 1990s:

The execution of the white buffalo calf, the most potent representation for peace in Native America, heralds great change. It suggests eminent and radical transformation. We have entered a world of paradox and contrary reality.

www.2013oracle.com...

Keep in mind this was concerning a white buffalo calf that was struck by lightning.

There was a story last year about the Texas Lakota Indians becoming upset because a Texas hunting lodge offers white buffalo hunting for a paltry $13,500:

Understandably, this page at Texas Hunt Lodge has alarmed those who value white buffaloes. The text reads, in part:

"Texas Hunt Lodge allows the opportunity to hunt and harvest the Authentic and Rare White Buffalo. … There are no seasonal restrictions on hunting the White Buffalo, or White Bison, in Texas, which makes it a suitable trophy year round. We typically let our hunters choose the method of hunting White Buffalo that they prefer. Hunters of White Buffalo can choose the Spot and Stalk method, Bow Hunting, Rifle Hunting, Black Powder, Safari Style Hunting, Handgun, as well as hunting from a Blind.

We can accomodate hunters of any age and experience level, as well as hunters which have physical disabilities or may be confined to a wheelchair. Our White Buffalo bulls weigh 1200 -1500lbs, and have horns in the 17-20 inch ranch…your white buffalo trophy will be a huge!

A page about Lightning Medicine Cloud on the website of Lakota Ranch speaks of the white buffalo not as a huge trophy, but a hugely significant part of Native culture. According to that page, esteemed Lakota spiritual leader John Lame Deer called the white buffalo “the most sacred living thing you could ever encounter.” Oglala Sioux spiritual leader Floyd Looks for Buffalo Hand, a grandson of Red Cloud, is quoted as saying “The arrival of the white buffalo is like the second coming of Christ. … It will bring about purity of mind, body, and spirit and unify all nations—black, red, yellow, and white.”

indiancountrytodaymedianetwork.com...

How much you want to bet that a couple of angry idiots did this, and will be sitting in a Baptist church on Sunday feeling like they did a cool and clever thing? The Lakota likened this now-slain buffalo to the second coming of Christ. I can imagine some bible-thumpers taking offense to this.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Ah well, beat me to it by two minutes. Shocking how some of the hunting lodges here have such a blatant disregard for living creatures.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
This is a very important happening. The murderers would use the body parts for dark and evil magic. Bad mojo.

I am greatful that the Mother no longer suffers as well, her pain and agony of the death of her baby was torture.

Send light, love and prayers to the family and to the blessed animals.

You do not know that........

That is nothing but complete speculation............please.........dont jump to conclusions like that

It is a horrible thing yes, and everyone hates to see it............

But making that jump is irresponsible

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Man such a rarity. I can't believe some people can not appreciate the beautiful things around them.

So Sad

Mother and child

That's just horrible. I hope they catch who did this to those poor animals.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

White buffalo are extremely rare; the National Bison Association has estimated that they only occur in approximately one out of every 10 million births.

It is sad but not the first one was killed. It looks like it was a positive thing for the Cheyenne as they signed a peace treaty the day of.

In 1833, a white bison was killed by the Cheyenne. The skin of this bison is hanging on the wall of Bent's Old Fort in Colorado. The Cheyenne killed this white bison during the Leonid Meteor Shower (The Night the Stars Fell) and scribed a peace and trade treaty on its skin. This event was documented by historian Josiah Gregg and other travelers on the Santa Fe Trail.[1]

On October 7, 1876, a buffalo hunter named J. Wright Mooar killed a white buffalo in the Deep Creek drainage near Snyder, Texas. He retained the hide his entire life, despite reports that Teddy Roosevelt offered him $5000 for the hide. White Buffalo Park is presently located near the site of the shooting, and an adjacent ranch is the current resting place of the hide.[citation needed]

A female named Miracle (not to be confused with Miracle Moon), was born at the family farm of Dave, Valerie, and Corey Heider near Janesville, Wisconsin on August 20, 1992. Her fur fully transitioned to brown as she matured, and she gave birth to four calves of her own before dying of natural causes on September 19, 2004. Sioux tribal members had continually visited their farm since the birth of Miracle. Additionally, a calf born at the Heider farm died aged 4 days in 1996. A third white calf was born in August 2006 which died after being struck by lightning in November of the same year.[1

Being born a genetic rarity and struck by lighting, talk about bad luck.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 4-5-2012 by RealSpoke because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
My Condolences too the Lakota.
Lord have mercy.

Me.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
This sad. I hope they find who did this.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join