It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will Political Correctness lead to another 9-11 ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
This article (in several pages) describes the events that occurred during the Northwest Airlines flight #327 from Detroit to Los Angeles. It has been confirmed by other passengers, the airport authorities and the FBI.

Terror in the skies, again ?

On June 29, 2004, at 12:28 p.m., I flew on Northwest Airlines flight #327 from Detroit to Los Angeles with my husband and our young son. Also on our flight were 14 Middle Eastern men between the ages of approximately 20 and 50 years old. What I experienced during that flight has caused me to question whether the United States of America can realistically uphold the civil liberties of every individual, even non-citizens, and protect its citizens from terrorist threats.

The article then describes how author Annie Jacobson of Women's Wall Street, her husband and young son watched as a particularly terrifying scenario was acted out on their plane A group of 'Middle Eastern' men appeared to be performing a 'dry run' for a possible future terrorist attack.
She explains:

The man in the yellow T-shirt got out of his seat and went to the lavatory at the front of coach -- taking his full McDonald's bag with him. When he came out of the lavatory he still had the McDonald's bag, but it was now almost empty. He walked down the aisle to the back of the plane, still holding the bag. When he passed two of the men sitting mid-cabin, he gave a thumbs-up sign. When he returned to his seat, he no longer had the McDonald's bag.

Then another man from the group stood up and took something from his carry-on in the overhead bin. It was about a foot long and was rolled in cloth. He headed toward the back of the cabin with the object. Five minutes later, several more of the Middle Eastern men began using the forward lavatory consecutively. In the back, several of the men stood up and used the back lavatory consecutively as well.

For the next hour, the men congregated in groups of two and three at the back of the plane for varying periods of time. Meanwhile, in the first class cabin, just a foot or so from the cockpit door, the man with the dark suit - still wearing sunglasses - was also standing. Not one of the flight crew members suggested that any of these men take their seats.

Her family weren't the only ones concerned for their safety:

I looked around to see if any other passengers were watching. I immediately spotted a distraught couple seated two rows back. The woman was crying into the man's shoulder. He was holding her hand. I heard him say to her, "You've got to calm down."

The plane landed safely, and was met by agents of the FBI, LAPD, Federal Air Marshals and Transportation Security. Fourteen men were detained.

So where does Political Correctness come into this thread ? The article continues, explaining that the Transportation Security Administration had previously issued an urgent memo detailing new threats to aviation and warning that terrorists in teams of five might be planning suicide missions to hijack commercial airliners, possibly using common items...such as cameras modified as weapons. Components of IEDs [improvised explosive devices] can be smuggled on to an aircraft, concealed in either clothing or personal carry-on items... and assembled on board. In many cases of suspicious passenger activity, incidents have taken place in the aircraft's forward lavatory.

With that information we can logically ask, as the author of this article does, "Since the FBI issued a warning to the airline industry to be wary of groups of five men on a plane who might be trying to build bombs in the bathroom, shouldn't a group of 14 Middle Eastern men be screened before boarding a flight?"

Of course not :shk: ...

Due to our rules against discrimination, it can't be done. During the 9/11 hearings last April, 9/11 Commissioner John Lehman stated that "...it was the policy (before 9/11) and I believe remains the policy today to fine airlines if they have more than two young Arab males in secondary questioning because that's discriminatory."

So even if Northwest Airlines searched two of the men on board my Northwest flight, they couldn't search the other 12 because they would have already filled a government-imposed quota.

Pandering to the Politically Correct brigade in such a manner is just asking for another series of hijackings. Does the government want another 9-11 ? Are they willing to let another 4000 people die rather than let airlines actually do the job of protecting their customers ? What's worse - appearing to discriminate or risking the lives of thousands of people in a terrorist attack ? We know the logical answer to that - but I doubt the PC brigade would agree.

One day this Politically Correct crap will cost people's lives.

posted on Sep, 28 2004 @ 11:32 PM
link   
There was a post with, like, 20 pages about that article. I'd find but you know AtS's search function. Actually, I'll try Google....
LINK It's sad when you have to go off site to search for something on site. Anyway, the story has since been debunked. The author just over-reacted.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by curme
There was a post with, like, 20 pages about that article ...
Anyway, the story has since been debunked. The author just over-reacted.

Thanks for that. I haven't been able to get in as much as normal and missed it.
The final quote from the 9-11 commission still stands though - and if that's true, I'd still be worried.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 04:15 PM
link   
This may work for now but a few generations down the road terrorism will be close to unstopable. Lets put it this way, i am half iranian (and am pretty white skinner as many iranians are and have black hair and borwn eyes) i culd easily pass for being just a regular christian canadian, my first name is Conor even though my middle and last name are persian most people can pick up persian names (many are unusual). So, a bunch of terrotists come to U.S and Canada, have kids with a "white" girl, the kid takes the mothers maiden name, those kids then have an interacial marrage, there we go, we have a new breed of terrorrist, a breed that can no longer be judged by skin, religon, or name, what then? They are all born Canadian/U.S citezens with no trace of middle eastern backround, with enough money weamon might be willing to give up these kids to there biological fathers for training and eventually will carry out the acts needed for the next generation.

Even if some of these people fail (alot will) you can just count on sheer numbers, even using the same woman 3-4 times (im not saying "use" as in to disprespect wemon im just trying to get my point across).

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Radical marxists and their fellow-travellers are doing their best to limit law-enforcement measures to prevent another 9/11, but if as so many here believe, "Bush and Company" are behind 9/11, I then political correctness means nothing.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Radical marxists and their fellow-travellers are doing their best to limit law-enforcement measures...

So, does that make Bush a "Radical Marxist" in your eyes?

U.S. Funds Drying Up for Community Cops

BILLINGS, Mont. - Federal funding for the grant program that has helped hire thousands of community police officers across the country may be drying up. After several years of declining financial support, the Bush administration proposed no funding for that hiring program and others like it for the next fiscal year.

news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040927/ap_on_re_us/community_cops_2

I'm glad that our Commander-In-Chief is doing so much to protect us here at home.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by oppodeldoc
So, does that make Bush a "Radical Marxist" in your eyes?

I'm glad that our Commander-In-Chief is doing so much to protect us here at home.

I have never seen you make a cogent argument for anything, whatever your name is. Even with a man as honorable as George Bush in office the world is not perfect and you will always be able to go to the internet to find one more thing you can pin on Bush.

It seems to me that you should be beside yourself that some police force somewhere doesn't have all the funds they need to deny your civil rights. You're like Kerry, I think. All over the map when it comes to the issues and primarily "Defiantly Oppositonal."

[edit on 04/9/29 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:53 PM
link   
there are too many inconsistancies in your argument Zi2525.

firstly white skin colour is recessive so a dark skin will dominate (unless the carrier of the dark skin gene is hetrozygous for dark skin colour - unlikely in the middle east, more likely in southern europe).

secondly in the case of a patriarchal society (which is muslim/arab), extremely unlikely that a follower of militant islam would adopt his mothers name. They still adopt the very backward theory that women are the empty vessels through which men reproduce themselves. They don't accept that females have any genetic input in their progeny at all, and certainly no 'claim' on the children when it comes to "ownership".

There have been many cases of arab/muslim men stealing their children, but not too many cases where they have purchased them from the mother.

Without wishing to be racist, arab men are rather careful with their money (to say the very least), and more often than not they are mysogenystic. Why give someone you don't like (and whom you feel is undeserving) something as valuable as money when you can just intimidate them and take what you want.

To throw another aspect to this debate, there haven't been too many "white skinners" who have been islamic militants. I believe there is a connection with lack of Vitamin D during gestation, and the development of serious mental illness in the progeny. Islamic women are covered from head to toe and the darker the skin the more sun they need to manufacture the requisite Vitamin D from the sun. The paler the skin the less sun you need to make the same amount.

It is the covering of the women of islam, which is causng this most serious problem. If I were ruler of the world, I would mandate that all pregnant women recieve compulsory vitamin d suppliments. (full body exposure to the sun for 30 minutes every day).

They can remain covered at all other times if they so wish.

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   
What's this, people still rehashing that piece of # article from Women's Wall Street?

posted on Sep, 29 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Jeez, Grady. Radical Marxists...? Give me a break. If you really think people on here with opinions that you consider 'liberal' (whatever the hell that means these days) are 'Radical Marxists', you've got a serious problem. I might as well consider you a Nazi, which I don't, but that's the degree of ignorance your post is giving off.

Anyway, sorry pisky but I think your post itself is evidence of the increasing propaganda and deliberately enticed fermentation of suspicion of other races. For many purposes, most of all immigration, least of all terrorism.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiver
there are too many inconsistancies in your argument Zi2525.

firstly white skin colour is recessive so a dark skin will dominate (unless the carrier of the dark skin gene is hetrozygous for dark skin colour - unlikely in the middle east, more likely in southern europe).

WEll i ahve white skin and half iranian, so i guess that puts that to rest.

posted on Sep, 30 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Granted PC has alot to do with our failures in security but on the other hand when the terrorists single out say all Christains even more so people like myself Who are Chaplains due to our affiliation with the thing they hate most our religion they wont show us the same PC the failure is ours we must change the laws to change the PC views and dont hide the laws till your in the air port a person has to buy a ticket right well on a hot pink paper insert put the policies in plan straight forward terms and let them know if you dont look right were watching and we will prempt any suspicious behavior and then outline exact behavior patterns that are not acceptable so there is no risk of descrimination claims make them read and sign them and leave a copy of the policy disclosure including there name---date of birth---nationality---and place of residence---passport and social or drivers liscense number and the keep a copy at the ticket counter this will have to affects we tell the enemy who might be the person right in front of you were watching and we know who you are and if you attempt any unacceptable behavior you will accept what comes your way and wont gripe about having your feelings hurt

thats not going to stop the behavior but it gives more leadway for the authorities to work with without fear of descrimination they gave you their conscent to do what you gotta do like a drug dealer who gives the traffic cop conscent to search his car thinking he hid his stash to well they will also be caught

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:24 AM
link   
yep, but I bet you get a great tan!
your Iranian parent probably isn't 100% Iranian is it?

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by quiver
yep, but I bet you get a great tan!
your Iranian parent probably isn't 100% Iranian is it?

I tan pretty good, I do live in Canada if that has anything to do with it. And its my dad and he is full Iranian, my mom is English. Im a 50/50 mix of english and iranian.

[edit on 1-10-2004 by zi2525]

posted on Oct, 1 2004 @ 04:45 PM
link   

One day this Politically Correct crap will cost people's lives.

It already has

top topics

join