It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Any advice on picking up the ladies?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I'd like to approach random girls at the mall or whatnot, but I am having a hard time coming up with stuff that I think doesn't sound lame. Everyone just gives out stupid advice like, just be yourself or go up to her and compliment her on something she's wearing. If I go up to strange women in the hopes of getting her number, I'm not going to go about it in a lame, contrived, scripted way. It's going to be in a ballsy and different way.

Of all the things I've read and heard my favorite one that I kind of made up would be to say, 'Hey do these shoes make me look like Ryan Gosling?' It's random and probably not something your average hottie has heard from guys that are trying to talk to them. I'd also consider using really bad pick-up lines, but I would make it obvious that it is totally in jest.

Anyone got any good advice for talking to random girls at the mall?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Walk around with $100 bills sticking out of your pockets.
Also, try to look like the biggest dbag in the area.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:40 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by MisterFister103
Everyone just gives out stupid advice like, just be yourself

its not stupid advice, pick up lines are stupid advice.
just be yourself thats the way to do it.
go stand next to a girl in a bar and just say hi and see where it goes
from there talk normaly to her and possibly depending on her reaction to you
offer to buy a drink.

yea and definitely dont use your ats username

edit on 4/5/12 by slaine1978 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Pretend you're approaching yourself in another form.
Make believe "cult"ure doesn't exist, and "being yourself" means being you without all that nonsense outside influence. If you want a girl in that culture, play the game and do what you gotta do. Be funny, they like that.

edit on 4-5-2012 by JibbyJedi because: tyop

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Don't even dare to bring up ___anything___ related to any subjects on websites like ATS. Conspiracy theories/new age theories/politics and dating do not mix. It's oil and water.
edit on 4-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:49 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by netgamer7k
Don't even dare to bring up ___anything___ related to any subjects on websites like ATS. Conspiracy theories/new age theories/politics and dating do not mix. It's oil and water.
edit on 4-5-2012 by netgamer7k because: (no reason given)

This.

Unless she's a regular on this site. Then you may be a match made in Heaven.

Also, just be yourself when opportunity arises. Be honest and don't make stories up about who you are. Of course, I'm assuming you actually are in this for commitment and not just to get in and out. But picking up random chicks at the mall? Dunno if that ever really works. It's not impossible, though. I'd say just go in random stores to buy something, and if you spot a girl you think you may be interested in, try to get in her line of sight, show the girl some body language by catching her eye, smiling when you look at her, etc. If she responds well (ie, blushing, smiling back) and if you're next to her in line or something, make small talk. That's when you throw your name in, and ask for hers. Go from there, get her number, etc. etc.

It helps to be somewhat attractive looking. If anything, just make sure you look sharp, clean face, etc. Don't be trying to hit on chicks if you haven't shaved in a week or your acne acts up.

Good luck.

Also, "MisterFister"? Uhh.. well the ladies might like that.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Lionhearte because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Like the rest said,be your self,what do you got to lose?....scope a cute one out(always check the ring finger out of course)strike up a conversation and go from there.keep eye contact and let her feel that your interested what she has to say.....oh yeah,don't use your ats handle name

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As corny as this sounds, it not about them, its about you.

Women have this funny way of seeing your insecurities. Little things about yourself that YOU aren't comfortable with.

Fix those and any pick up line will work. My favorite pick up line is "hey".

It works for me because im comfortable in my skin.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   
Don't fish in a mall man. You'll more likely get venal princesses crazy about shopping and appearances.
I mean if you were a fisher you wouldn't want to prospect around japanese coasts right?
Because you'd know that all you'd get would poison you and all your relationships.

Just fish in a non-toxic area and you'll see the hooking isn't that hard when not influenced by superficiality, possession of goods and the frustration of a missed Disney dream life.

This "Cinderella syndrom" is the natural reason why these girls are unreachable.
The right question is
Do you need such a girl?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   
Just be yourself and make use of the situation for a catchy line (If you want to use one to start talking) and the rest will come, or not.. ;-)

just my own 2 cents of experience

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
Catchy lines? Aint gonna happen my friend.

One thing. Confidence. Think of something you do well in life, and apply it to speaking to women, If you are confident, you can be the biggest nerd on the planet and still get the girl.
I would also forget the mall, or any other place that makes it hard to approach women. Modern women hunt in packs, and any weakness shown, well you get the idea....

If you want to approach women, try social scenes. I don't mean nightclubs, where you can't even have a conversation, but try local parties or social gatherings.

Lastly, speak up, stand up, get noticed. You fade into the background, you might as well be a lamp hey?

I look at it this way, you got a 50% chance of a yes going in right?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:42 AM
link   
*facepalm*

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by CityFarmer
if you were a fisher you wouldn't want to prospect around japanese coasts right?

That was so harsh it was funny.

Wrong on so many levels.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I use tongs when picking up hot chicks.

Or else I burn my fingers.

O.o

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Say to her "hi do you fancy some sex", she will most likely say no in disgust then say "well, do you mind laying down while I have some?" lmao... You also have the option that she says yes and then it's win win!

Btw I wouldn't take my advice!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:07 AM
link   
74 Templar said it:

Originally posted by 74Templar
Catchy lines? Aint gonna happen my friend.

One thing. Confidence.

No offense, but i assume that you are under 21 because you are asking about finding girls in a mall instead of a bar. That's fine. Don't let some of the other posts fool you malls are fine. Girls often travel in packs at malls and sometimes approaching packs can be easier than trying to spark up a conversation with a solo girl. Best to try when they are sitting or standing somewhere rather than in motion. Be confident but not cocky. Girls really love to talk about themselves. Try not to talk about trivial things like the weather, politics or sports. Get them talking about themselves and only talk about yourself if they ask, and when they do, keep it short. Keep them wanting more. Seem intriguing but not wierd - dont make the puzzle too easy or too difficult to solve. As i said earlier, it can be easier to talk to groups because the odds are better that one of them will find you interesting or cute. Being funny is always a good thing as long as you can do it without coming off cheesy or desperate for a laugh. Say something like,
"Avoid Hotdog on a Stick today ladies, i think i saw 'Napolian Dynamite' not wash his hands after returing from the bathroom. Dont know about you but Hep B on a stick just isn't my style".

If you have friends who know girls, give that a go too. Don't be afraid to approach girls. I don't mean to brag, but i have actually walked up to a girl on the street of Sacramento CA and said, "Feel like a beer and some sex?" and it worked. She wasn;t a keeper or anything, but you get the idea - it's not what you say, it's how you say it. Best of luck friend.

edit on 4-5-2012 by ilikestarz because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join