It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scary OWS video... is this a glimpse of the future?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by seabag

Show up, hold your sign and chant whatever you’d like! But stop instigating violence to elicit a reaction from LE because this serves no purpose!

I beg to differ - it DOES serve a purpose - the same purpose it has served in the history of every communist uprising on the planet. That purpose is to PROVOKE a response, in order to use that response as a catalyst for further uprising by propagandizing it and inflaming the population into an unthinking mass of pissed off.

It's PURPOSE is to create "martyrs" for the cause.

Likewise, their version of the "men in black" are there ONLY to provide a plausibly deniable disconnect between the "violent ones" and the "peaceful protestors". They use their MIB to foment violence, who then fade away leaving the rest to suffer the brunt of the response. Then the OWS PR and press apparatus can point at the MIB and say "naw, that wasn't US! It was those damnable MIB's! We're INNOCENT!" then forward the checks through proxies for a job well done to the MIB's.

They work hand in hand - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out, in spite of the claims that they MIB's are "outside agitators" or " government plants". It's textbook, going back before Che, before Mao, probably even before Lenin, and is obvious to anyone who has ever studied up on guerrilla warfare and communist revolution.

Now watch the buzzards descend on this post because I used the "communist" word. So be it. I call 'em like I see 'em, and can't say that I care or worry much about the attempts at academic semantic distinctions that will be made by attempts at splitting out definitions.

It IS what it IS. It has the same feathers, it quacks the same, and it waddles on cue.

Well said!

When I said it serves no purpose I was giving them the benefit of the doubt and taking their stated goals at face value (ending Wall Street corruption, cronyism, corrupt central banks, etc). It was directed at the common OWS'er not the radicals who are pulling the strings deep behind the scenes. 

What you've described is what's REALLY going on beneath the surface but it's always a one sided conversation when someone brings this up. The common OWS'er is too invested in what OWS means to them personally to believe the truth you've exposed. Until they wake up this discussion will go nowhere.  
edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   
reply to post by seabag

I sort of feel bad for what you refer to as "the common OWSers". They are willing dupes, who want to believe so badly that they will suspend logic. They're not bad people, they really want change, but they are being led along by the Pied Piper. The Piper offers to lead, and being natural followers who only want change, they follow.

Meanwhile, behind the scenes, the Little Man Behind the Curtain has bigger teeth than the movie let on. In the old days these follower sorts were called "useful idiots" by their own handlers, but I think that's uncharitable and crude. After all, it it from THEIR ranks that the martyrs will be culled for The Cause. Their hidden masters should have more respect for them, but then again they never have.

It's the way it went in Cuba, in Russia, in China, in Nicaragua, and in dozens of other countries. The serfs got dissatisfied with the way things were, the collectivists came in, organized and used them for cannon fodder, won their victory, then sent the serfs back to their serfdom, only with new masters - no net improvement in anything at all, and a net loss in many things. As a special added bonus, entire segments of the former "oppressed masses" were eliminated as unfit and undesirable in the new "Worker's Paradises" that had been built on their backs, just as they were told to former systems had been built on their backs.

We are watching the very same thing unfold right here, right now, and no one in OWS will see that until it's too late.

Being former military, you are no doubt aware of the reasons that recruiters go after high school kids - they are young, impressionable, idealistic, and moldable. They are easily convinced, because for the most part life hasn't kicked them around enough to educate them. With that in mind, take note of just WHO you see swelling the ranks of OWS - I believe they are sought out for the same reasons. Additionally, most of them are not old enough to remember what communism was like - it was before they were born, in most cases.

It's interesting, and perhaps significant, that most of the ancient Marxist expressions I hear rolling from the lips of OWSers are from the older people in the crowds - probably handlers, or "mid-level management."

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Are protests working? I don't think so, nothing has changed, and we still get beat down everytime we try to speak out. We get beat down while at the same time we are told violence isn't the answer, nonviolent this that and another. I would argue that the only thing those in power have to fear is violence, they are above the law, but not above pain. I believe they won't change without threat. And that truly deeply saddens me, I absolutely do not want this to degrade into a battle, but where is the accountability?

Everytime I see videos and images like this I start to think more and more that violence might be our only choice. I do not, DO NOT want this, but more and more i see it being used aganst us, while being told we shouldnt use it in return. I really dont understand that, maybe someone can explain it to me. Riots and looting and senseless violence should be exposed and condemed, but why can't we protect ourselves? Really? Why is it okay for them to shoot us, beat us, break us, and we literally have no choice but to take it, we can't even run away!!! Those cops are utterly terrified, circling the wagon, moving in unison, trying to hide the nervousness, but it's obvious. That group could have stopped that injustice, but they stand by and watch. Why do they get to use force when they fear for their safety but we have to take a beating. Do you think the founding fathers would be telling us to shut up and nonviolently accept this oppression. We are all scared, of pain of jail of death, cowardice. Succumbing to your fears will get nothing changed.

I'm not violent, I don't want to fight, I want peace, by why can thu beat us and we are forced to accept it. I don't understand. They have no accountability, the law does not apply to them anymore, so the people have no choice but to hold them accountable in our own way. Why do we have to let this happen? Why can they fight us and if we make any movement to defend ourselves or even flee, it gets 10x worse. No consequences for police, especially in my town, shooting kids in the back, beating old men, crazy people, killing unarmed men and women, and NEVER getting in trouble, literally never. When do we stop this. Only we can stop this. We gave them power and we must take it back or at least put them back in their place. The police should be marching with us, they are being screwed to, but they don't. I assume some of them don't because they get off on violence, oppression, authority, and again, why do we let those sick minds do what they want to us.

In no way am I saying go look for violence, but why are we supposed to stand by getting beat, stomped, and our rights raped, why! They treat us this way because they have no consequences. They do it because we allow them to do it. Obviously protests are not the answer to this problem, their response Isn't to change what we are protesting about, it's to beat us until we go away and then pass laws to make It harder to protest. They regulate our voices rather than their corruption.

It's my belief that protests are dying. Those in power know they have nothing to fear from protests, protests don't force them to do anything. Violence is how the people have always kept their leaders in check, the leader feared oissing off the population too much and being killed because of it. We have the 2nd amendment partially for that very reason, to defend ourselves against a corrupt government.

I'm sorry if this offends anyone, im truly trying to understand why violence can be used against us and we have to take it, or perhaps more importantly, WHY are we taking it? Im not saying go out and attack anyone, just wondering why we don't defend ourselves. I would say it's fear and cowardice, fear of pain, jail, or death, and that fear is being used against us to control.

I suppose I'm wondering why they are allowed to use tactics that we won't touch. Violence might not be the answer, but protests seem to not be getting much done, certainly not the change we are asking for.

I feel kinda bad about saying this, I'm not a violent person, in the least, but where do we draw the line, when do we stop letting this happen. Why do we get beat down for speaking our minds, and they get away Scott free for doing absolutely crazy things, from shooting kids in the back to bearing up nonviolent protestors. When do we stand up for ourselves? We out number them, by alot, why do we let them control us with violence, and then say that violence should be avoided. Riots and looting should indeed be avoided and condemned, but defending ourselves and one another is necessary.

I just don't know what to do, when I see these things I feel like we are losing, baddly, and it upsets me. I wish we could convince the cops to march with us, we need to work together, but from what I've seen, that probably isn't going to happen.

Maybe someone has other suggestions, but when I see this, I want to protect, myself and the people. This is not okay. We must stop this...

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I totally don't want it to seem like I'm inciting anything, I'm only wondering why the cops and powers that be can defend themselves by any means necessary while we are forced to take it, unable to even run away without "resisting". where do we draw the line, when is it okay to defend yourselves? Like I said riots and looting should be condemned and exposed, but why can't we defend ourselves dammit? What is the answer? We protest, get beat down, and nothing changes, except the shape of your broken nose. They are focusing on killing occupy, not focusing on what the protestors are asking for or changing for the public good.

WHAT DO WE DO?

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
everyone jumps all over these LEOs for pulling that protestor off her bike and arresting her, thats what we're MEANT to see, the Big Bad Cops yanking a person off their bike for no apparent reason and cuffing her, what we DID NOT see what happened moments before, did she ride past a cop and spit at them, kick at them?
i'm pretty sure the pro OWS people will say they randomly decided to just arrest her for riding her bike, but there's probably more then that going on. These LEOs showed GREAT restraint a few times with paint thrown at them and various smaller objects thrown at them as well.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by primoaurelius

If you want to understand why things don't seem to be working read nenothtu's previous two posts on this thread. 

The people steering OWS are the same people currently steering our government. This is a game of chess and both sides of the board are being played by the same hand. Obama and his Marxist backers/handlers are pulling the OWS strings as well. The same people puffing up OWS also support Obama with huge donations. You will be cast aside like trash as soon as they have crushed the system and usurped complete power from the people.

This entire thing is a charade and the common OWSers are willing pawns in their game. You're being used to crush the capitalistic system and create the chaos needed to give Obama further cover to destroy the constitution. 

Follow the money and see for yourself...  

edit on 6-5-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by seabag

The people steering OWS are the same people currently steering our government. This is a game of chess and both sides of the board are being played by the same hand.

That is a VERY important point, and one often overlooked or glossed over. I used to get responses to that like "Oh yeah? You're wrong - they're against the SYSTEM, and Obama is THE MAN - they aren't any happier with the government than you are!"

Baloney.

Look at WHO their targets are - they claim to be seeking political solutions, but oddly they DO NOT target government entities - they go after economic ones instead. Look at the very name itself... Occupy WALL STREET. They don't want to upset the political system - it's working just fine and "progressing" according to plan as far as they are concerned.

What they want instead is to destroy the economic system - or, more precisely, to trade the current economic owners for NEW economic owners. They want the money concentrated in THEIR masters' hands rather than the current concentration. Life for us average Joes wouldn't be improved a bit - we would just have to answer to different Overlords.

If I want a doctor, I don't call a plumber. If I want a carpenter, I don't go to Radio Shack. If I want actual political redress, I don't have lunch with my local bank manager.

If I want political reform, I address my demands to Washington. That's where the politicians are.

If "Occupy Wall Street" were instead "Occupy Pennsylvania Avenue" or "Occupy the Capitol Building", it might be different... but that's not what it is.

The hell of it is, they've convinced these people that they are somehow "fighting the man" when in all actuality they are fighting one "man" at the behest of a different "man", and themselves are viewed as expendable cannon fodder.

You're right - the same hand is playing both sides of the chess board, and that is EXACTLY why OWS is directed away from the government and towards demands of political reform from economic sectors. They already have a grip on government, and now want to consolidate a grip on the economy to effect total control.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender
reply to post by SeventhSeal

sorry,was this the liberal thread where nay saying the truth strikes a nerve?

You're seeing what you want to see. What the rest of us see is a girl on a bike assaulted and arrested for no good reason. This is a shame but not surprising.

seeing it with prior National Security Experience ....a spade is a spade, visions filled with Blind Agenda is just that, BLIND

Did we somehow forget about the 8 years of Bush?

still blaming George Bush, on Osama's last year and you still Blame Bush, its all right I am used to it, some of your buddies still bring up Reagan

The political term is Partisan Politics as long as we Americans are seeing and calling party agenda on each other nothing will change...if we cut out the arguing and see the real problems they will be afraid of us once again
edit on 5-5-2012 by rebellender because: (no reason given)

I know it's simplistic for right wingers to blame Obama for being voted into a wreck left by a corrupt administration that bankrupted an entire country while eliminating civil liberties, but come on...really? Really?

Also, you can see the assault of the girl on the bike in whatever biased view you may want to see it in, but the fact is that police abused their power and had no solid or legit reason of attacking a citizen.

It's also pretty cute for you to assume I'm a liberal.

Edit//

By the way, you actually edited my "Bush"m quote out of context? Amazing. Maybe you should've left the rest intact. You know, the part with Clinton in it.

Oh you silly biased folks! Turn off Fox.
edit on 7-5-2012 by SeventhSeal because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

OK, moving on,
lets take out the banks, oh sorry you still pay your bills with a check book because its easier,

and the big Corporations, shall we so easily forget that FaceBook is among the largest "ALL Profit Corporations"

and you are BLOGGING on ATS which is following in FaceBook steps

what you still have that isnt being addressed by OWS is a narrowing GDP and a rising Consumer Price Index and Inflation off the hook that will get worse not better if the FED is attacked due only to Consumer Confidence.

Take your arrogance elsewhere....cause I reduced your ego with Facebook and ATS participation. Like a beach towl tossed into the pool, all wet

OWS violence perpetrated by protesters is a show of vanity,
you guys are snorting too much "Red Cocaine"
not even Ron Paul can save you from you

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by primoaurelius
We protest, get beat down, and nothing changes, except the shape of your broken nose.....
WHAT DO WE DO?

Drop out. The game is rigged.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by rebellender

OK, moving on,
lets take out the banks, oh sorry you still pay your bills with a check book because its easier,

and the big Corporations, shall we so easily forget that FaceBook is among the largest "ALL Profit Corporations"

and you are BLOGGING on ATS which is following in FaceBook steps

what you still have that isnt being addressed by OWS is a narrowing GDP and a rising Consumer Price Index and Inflation off the hook that will get worse not better if the FED is attacked due only to Consumer Confidence.

Take your arrogance elsewhere....cause I reduced your ego with Facebook and ATS participation. Like a beach towl tossed into the pool, all wet

OWS violence perpetrated by protesters is a show of vanity,
you guys are snorting too much "Red Cocaine"
not even Ron Paul can save you from you

Looks like you're pretty misinformed on a lot of subjects, including this one.

OWS represents a concerned country who is tired of corporate America shoving funds into the pockets of those who are elected and supposed to stand up for the common man/woman.

Sorry you don't believe in freedom, sweetie.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join