It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cases of High Strangeness.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   

"There are actually 5 - 10 times more high-strangeness cases than we realize."

Dr. J. Allen Hynek, Scientific Advisor to Project Bluebook

link

For folks truly interested in the UFO subject, what are your favourite cases of high strangeness -please post!

Will start off with this very freaky one from Kandinsky, please research the links.

Hostile UFO Encounters: Colares, 1977

edit on 02/10/08 by karl 12 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Ok, another edit as I'd got two sets of sightings mixed up.

Main one was probably the Elsinore sightings from early last year.

Some strong language in this first clip and sorry about the music if it bothers you. And yeah the first part could be excused, or even somehow be, skydivers, etc, but no way some of the other footage in this clip (the bit from 2:35 is amazing.) :

And these are from April 2011 :

Related from California, on or around the same date in April :

April 15, 2011 - Man Sees Spinning Aerial Black Object From Roof of a Hotel

April 16, 2011 - Several Orange Objects Seen in Western Sky Near Sunset

April 17, 2011 - Several See Strange Object Streak Away When Approached by Airplanes

April 17, 2011 - Several See Aerial Multicolored Lights in Triangle Formation Make a Sharp Turn

I don't think anything else in recent times has interested me as much as these cases.
edit on 3-5-2012 by robhines because: added

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Ahh, I gotta go with this sighting from 1996.

I believe there's a thread about it somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Deleted post when I realized you were discussing something totally different than I posted about. Sorry.
edit on 5/3/2012 by sled735 because: correction

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Thanks karl 12, I have been awaiting the time to talk with you more and you have very good posts.

My case would be that of Myrna Hansen, and I wanted to ask you if you knew more about the case. There has been recent information released from Tom Adams of Stigmata magazine, this periodical was written back in 1984, Tom had been familiar with the case when it happened and reported in a 1996 interview. This person Myrna was familiar with the cattle mutilations. She witnessed one, jumped out of the car and yelled at the UFO (and occupants) - this information has not been released anywhere on the internet besides the interview here.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Being from the neighborhood, the 1990 Montreal UFO case is interesting.

A UFO hovering over Montreal for three hours. Multiple witnesses. Police and RCMP investigations.

Ending with Richard Haines classifying it as a 540 meters physical object. Debunkers claiming aurora borealis.

Interesting to mention that my sister has been one of the witnesses.

CBC Archives

An interesting thread from Gortex :

The Mysterious Case of the Montreal UFO

To this day, it is still a mystery.

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

I'd never heard of those hostile ufos in Colares --- that must have been a terrifying experience for those villagers, and there seems to be quite a bit of compelling evidence that something significant was going there.

And I agree that there are definitely quite a few cases of high strangeness out there. One of my favorite cases is the Norway Hessdalen case. If you haven't heard of it --- and have the time, please check out the full length documentary on Youtube. (The first little part is kinda like a preview and then the documentary starts after about a minute and a half)

The Portal - The Hessdalen Lights Phenomenon

www.youtube.com...

Here is a brief description of the case (stolen from the youtube description)

Quote:

Unusual lights have been reported here since 1940s or earlier. Especially high activity of Hessdalen lights took place from December 1981 until the summer of 1984 when lights were observed 15 to 20 times per week. The frequency of the lights caused a gathering of numerous tourists staying there overnight to see the phenomenon. Since then, the activity has decreased and now the lights are observed some 10 - 20 times per year.

The Hessdalen light most often is a bright, white or yellow light of unknown origin standing or floating above the ground level. Sometimes the light can be seen for more than one hour. There are several other types of unexplained lights observed in the Hessdalen valley.

Since 1983 there has been ongoing scientific research often nicknamed "Project Hessdalen", initiated by Dr. Erling Strand. In 1998, the Hessdalen AMS automated scientific research station was built in the valley. It registers and records the appearance of lights.

Later, the EMBLA program was initiated. It brings together established scientists and students into researching these lights. Leading research institutions are Østfold University College (Norway) and the Italian National Research Council.

newparadigm.no...
www.hessdalen.org...
www.nrk.no...

End Quote

---------------

What I think is kinda neat, is that the UFOs seem to resemble the UFOs filmed by Dorothy Izatt, an 85-year-old woman from Vancouver.

Imho, the Dorothy Izatt story is also a very compelling case of high strangeness and is described very well in this ATS thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

actually this thread might be more descriptive:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

A good youtube video on her case:

www.youtube.com...

There's a full documentary out there called "Capturing the Light" that chronicles her story as well. But unfortunately I couldn't find it, save for previews, on youtube. (possibly copyright issues)

edit on 3-5-2012 by OwenandNoelle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
What's the definitinon of high strangeness in the UFO context?
Well, Dr. Hynek gave one, in ten paragraphs, at the U.N.:
high strangeness

posted on May, 3 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by thesearchfortruth
Ahh, I gotta go with this sighting from 1996.

I believe there's a thread about it somewhere but I'm too lazy to find it right now.

Wow. I'd call that high strangeness and high probability. Top right corner all the way, and I've never heard of it. Great illustrations, too. Thanks for putting it up!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
For strangeness factor, this one is pretty interesting. U.K. police officer describes an encounter with an object and then furthermore, missing time. I've known about this case for some time and only recently found out that 6 months prior to this incident, the same police officer had investigated the discovery of a body on top of a coal pile, with no coal stains on his clothes and weird green staining on the back of his neck. The body case is still unexplained to this day:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by karl 12

Hi Karl 12,

good call on Colares, that was a great thread.

One of my favourites is the really strange story of Robert Taylor.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Since i am from the UK i would like to add this case involving forestry worker Bob Taylor who experienced very high levels of what we know term,"high strangeness".This happened in Livingstone in West Lothian Edinburgh UK.This case was properly investigated by the police and left them seriously bemused and at a real loss for any mundane explanation or source for what happened to Bob Taylor and what he witnessed.

Anniversary of "West Lothian Question" UFO mystery Nov 12 2009 by Debbie Hall, West Lothian Courier IT IS an X-File that remains unsolved and still fascinates UFO enthusiasts all over the world. This week saw the anniversary of one the planet’s most intriguing UFO mysteries – that happened right here in West Lothian. He didn’t see little green men exactly, but 30 years ago forester Bob Taylor had a remarkable encounter with a UFO at Dechmont Law in Livingston. Experts say it is the only one ever to have left tangible and recorded evidence, has been verified by the authorities and was the subject of a full police investigation. To mark the event, West Lothian film company Waterborn TV have recorded a fascinating new documentary,

The West Lothian Question, which includes an interview with the late Mr Taylor, which can be seen on YouTube. The incident took place on November 9, 1979 in broad daylight when Mr Taylor came across a large object in a clearing. Not only did he see the UFO but also two spherical ‘robots’ dropped from the object and grasped him, pulling him over. Both police and ufologists say this encounter is unique because it appeared to leave evidence to support the story with strange marks in the clearing where the incident took place and inexplicable damage to Mr Taylor’s trousers, long johns and skin.

link; www.westlothiancourier.co.uk...

Would like to add one more thing on this bizarre case and that is that the UFO stone plaque that was put there to commemorate this incedient disappeared one night.

edit on 15/07/2010 by K-PAX-PROT because: added text.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I remember the UFO Files episode about the Collares UFO attacks. That was indeed a very bizarre case and it had a lot of nice evidence. If only we could get access to all of the photos taken by that investigation team (I can't remember if it was the police or military).

I think one of my favorites is the Sheriff Val Johnson case where a strange glowing orb descended out of the sky and approached the sheriff's squad car head-on at high speed, striking his car, blinding him and causing him to swerve off the road and wreck. The car had very bizarre damage on it that could not be easily explained and it was said that he had "welder's burn" on his retinas and had somehow lost time.

www.ufocasebook.com...

The images of the damage to the car really fascinated me. There was a perfectly round dent on top of the hood, a busted headlight, a shattered windshield that remained in one piece and the antenna on top of the car were bent at 90 degree angles. I don't really know what could explain the story. I know some people say that he just hallucinated or fell asleep at the wheel or was driving carelessly and wrecked then made up the story to cover up the fact, but that doesn't explain the bizarre damage to the vehicle, which wasn't a result of the crash.

Also love the Flatwoods Monster story.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
The Levelland vehicle interference case is one of the good ones. Here's a thorough account of it:

The Levelland Sightings of 1957

For those unfamiliar, here's an excerpt from the link above:

In 1957, between the late evening hours of November 2 and the early morning hours of the 3rd, seven independent witnesses near Levelland, Texas saw an oval shaped ball of light approach their vehicles causing their engines to stop and headlights to shut. The sightings took place in a 2.5 hour period (from 10:50 PM until 1:15 AM) and was limited to a 10 mile radius area West, North and East of Levelland. The events lasted from a few seconds to no more than 5 minutes. Once the ball of light left the scene, all witnesses were able to start their automobile engines and their headlights went back to normal operation.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Orkojoker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Sunday 29 2012: My own ecounter/event, a regular occurrence (as in 4 now 5 in 44 years, who knows maybe more)
I was asleep when suddenly I awoke again in a upright position but I could move this time, not like other encounters I've had where I was Paralysed. My alluminum blinds where closed but light so bright was pouring into the bedroom, my wife was sleeping so I thought but the blinds where vibrating vigorously. I turned again to see if it had woken her up she was silent, not even breathing. The chimes close to the blind also remained still It was like being in a bubble where time just stopped.... The light became so intense I lost consciousness. I was woken up a short while later, my wife had got up to go to the bathroom. I asked if she was ok and if she had seen the light pouring into the bedroom, she simply said "I'm fine, what lights?" We fell back to sleep.

I was ready to put this down to a bad dream until I got up the next morning and I went to make breakfast, nothing was working... the main fuse switch had gone along with a few other switches and even the switch which is on a seperate board to the main switch for my wifes stair lift had also blown. Also the rear outside light (Halogen) had exploded in it's housing.

Very scary stuff and I'd say a different type of visitor to previous encounters.... i.e previous encounters didn't blow my house fuse boxes.
High Strangeness and some may think own thread worthy but nevermind.
edit on 5-5-2012 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by K-PAX-PROT

Yes the West Lothian Question" UFO mystery

That is one of the UK's most mystifying cases.

Various theories have been put forward. One that it was "Black Ball Lightning" but this does not explain why it would appear to attack Mr. Taylor and render him unconscious.

Another theory is that Mr Taylor ingested Belladonna and the incident was an illusion caused by ingestion of the plant. The spacecraft sighted being a hallucination of one seen in Dr. Who in the weeks running up to the incident.

Source: anomalousculture.blogspot.co.uk...

This seems a rather far fetched explanation for a man who worked in a forest and may never have watched Dr. Who. It is possible that he unknowingly came into contact with Belladonna. Dr. Who "City of Death" aired during an ITV strike. In the days of 3 channel TV it does make it more likely that Mr Taylor may have watched the programme and stored the image of a spaceship in his subconscious memory.

But there you go. An interesting hypothesis none the less.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Here's another lesser known UK case from High Bentham in Yorkshire in 2005.

www.unexplained-mysteries.com...n.php...

A family travelling home appear to have lost time, witnessed a bright light in the sky and had an almost "spiritual" experience.

On Sunday the 16th of January 2005 at around 5pm, four members of the Deverow family were eating at the Little Chef restaurant on the A65 road near Ingleton, North Yorkshire. They had enjoyed a family day out and would be making the journey back home to their moorland farmhouse a couple of miles south of High Bentham on the boarder between Lancashire and North Yorkshire. The family members were Anne, her daughter Rachel and Rachel's two sons Alex and Benjamin aged nine and eleven. The family finished their meal and drove north on the A65 towards Ingleton. Rachel was the driver of the car, her eldest son Alex was in the passenger seat and her mother Anne, together with youngest son Benjamin sat in the back. At the time the route they took was hazy but the boys commented on how the row of terraced cottages with chimneys stood out against the sky. The terraced cottages are located on a land off the A65 which leads south to High Bentham because of this detail it is probably safe to assume that this is the route they took that evening. As the journey progressed all four family members became well aware of a bright white light in the sky to their left. They later described the object as being about the size of a car headlight and being so bright that the moon when compared to it appeared yellow in colour. The object then moved across the sky and became visible through the windscreen Anne recalled the object going upwards and then hovering right above the car. At this point the light accelerated downwards at an amazing speed. It was so fast that the family braced for impact but it never occurred. Instead of a crash the object gained altitude and sped away over the Forest of Bowland hills. While the object was in view nobody in the car spoke the only time anybody commented on the strange object was after the object had disappeared from view. The next thing they remembered was driving into the village of High Bentham.

Here's a clip to the interview with the family. They seem very bewildered by such an unreal event.

posted on May, 7 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
When I think of high strangeness cases, I think of cases that involve almost ludicrous details - cases that make the old school nuts 'n bolts theorists cringe. They are the cases that I find the most compelling though. I can t find this case but it was reported in the book Close Encounters of the Fourth Kind and involved a person witnessing a typical grey wearing a gigantic stetson hat (I think it may have occurred in Texas as well) which really stuck in my mind. I ve often wondered if this was some kind of message, or some kind of psychological conditioning (i.e. our hat is bigger than yours).

posted on Jul, 5 2012 @ 05:27 AM
link   
I like the Frederick Valentich case.

The Paul Bennewitz story is also quite interesting. I have spent some time researching around Doty and Bennewitz.

Bearing also quite some "strangeness" I must admit that one of my favourite is the Hill abduction case, on which I have done a bit of research in this thread. It is not the case in itself, but the follow up and the abduction that remains a solid subject to investigate. Abductions are all cases of great strangeness.

top topics

join