It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

California Coastline 6.0 - 7.0 Magnitude Earthquake Predicted Within the Next 40 Hours

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I live in California. Right where the expected quakes will eventually occur alright.
I don't know about "in 40 hours" though. Maybe 40 years?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Resonant
reply to post by Flyzoid

I'm not necessarily convinced it will happen either (although I'm a little more open to the idea because there isn't mention of God or Nostradamus, just scientific data), regardless I thought that I should let anyone living within that area know, as it does have the potential to cause damage or harm.

Thing about earthquakes is there is no warning. They aren't tornados, hurricanes or Tsunamis. There are no Klaxons or shelters. When it happens it's a total surprise, and just as quickly over.

So thanks for the warning, I'll try to keep it in mind.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Well, it looks like turkey has taken the majority of the earthquakes at present OP. If any ones Goose is cooked, it looks like it's going to be Turkey.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Hmm, that's weird, last night I had a very vivid dream about an earthquake. I mean this one was so devastating, it split the ground and you could see underground. It wasn't just a violent shake, I mean the streets had this long split and I remember telling my family to stay on the first floor in case it hits again.

Ah well. Be safe, Californians.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
i think the "prediction" should just be taken as a warning and not an exact science (to those who will say "debunked" in the next few hours). even if a big one doesn't happen this weekend it does look more and more like a big one will happen in CA this year. again, it's not a FACT that a big quake will happen. prediction just means it's a good possibility and you might want to prepare yourself just in case.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Nice map but it reminds me of people who try to spot patterns in past lottery numbers

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
That puts the epicenter exactly over Google, Yahoo, Facebook, Apple and Microsoft headquarters.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   
The moon is at it's closest point Saturday night. This could correlate with an upcoming earthquake.

If the moon can effect tides, it is only assumable it can effect the the plates when it gets real close.

Combine the close moon with the upcoming eclipse and it might be enough stressors for a big one :s

Take care and be Safe!!!

www.csmonitor.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:34 AM
link   
So far, so good in San Francisco.

And, for those who look to animals for quake prediction, my dog is completely relaxed -- lying on his back on the sofa with his paws up, like roadkill.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrptr
I live in California. Right where the expected quakes will eventually occur alright.
I don't know about "in 40 hours" though. Maybe 40 years?

A 6 is not that big, we have had then off the coast here and didn't feel a thing and it did not cause any problem at all. CA coast.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
This may be real.

Super Moon (closest point the moon will be to earth) is this Saturday!!!!

California will get a good view around 8:30PM

keep your heads up people!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADUB77
The moon is at it's closest point Saturday night. This could correlate with an upcoming earthquake.

If the moon can effect tides, it is only assumable it can effect the the plates when it gets real close.

Combine the close moon with the upcoming eclipse and it might be enough stressors for a big one :s

Take care and be Safe!!!

www.csmonitor.com...

Right!
The 'supermoon' will be only 221,802 miles from Earth, the closest to our planet this year.
www.csmonitor.com...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
interesting, nothing has happened yet.....we will see

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae
i think the "prediction" should just be taken as a warning and not an exact science (to those who will say "debunked" in the next few hours). even if a big one doesn't happen this weekend it does look more and more like a big one will happen in CA this year. again, it's not a FACT that a big quake will happen. prediction just means it's a good possibility and you might want to prepare yourself just in case.

I agree with that, I suppose it's not so much a prediction as it is a warning. This might happen, and that's what the source says as well. Based upon statistical data, there is an elevated chance that an earthquake could occur in this area, but not that it necessarily will happen.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by pasiphae

Of course there are going to be earthquakes in California.

It's California.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I find the field of earthquake prediction to be fascinating. I approach it with an inherent skepticism while simultaneously realizing that the cutting edge of discovery usually slices apart the old paradigm.

Who knows? At the present time we don't really have a full understanding of why earthquakes happen when they do. We understand the basic dynamics of what causes earthquakes, but cannot predict when and where exactly they will occur.

Maybe further down the road, we'll be able to cross-reference different volumes of data sets, and can give semi-accurate predictions on earthquake occurrence.

IE: Maybe it's possible that the gravitational pull of the moon, or an influx of geomagnetic energy from solar storms changes some dynamic within the mantle or the crust that increases the chance of a tremor.

For now, this is fascinating.

Hopefully we don't get a quake of this magnitude, but eventually we will. Time has a habit of fulfilling prediction, though usually the time frame is completely wrong.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
failures

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by windowpane
I find the field of earthquake prediction to be fascinating. I approach it with an inherent skepticism while simultaneously realizing that the cutting edge of discovery usually slices apart the old paradigm.

The problem with most earthquake "prediction" that I see on sites like this is that there are hundreds of thousands of earthquakes every year and if you lower the size requirement and expand the window of predicted occurrence sufficiently you can make the selected results fit all sorts of fanciful theories.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DelMarvel

Certainly, there is a lot of room for ambiguity and luck in prediction models. That being said we should not dismiss the possibility of a greater understanding of the timing and mechanisms of tectonics sometime in the future.

As with all things science, the proof is in replication. If someone is able to develop a model which can accurately predict earthquakes with verifiable regularity, and in an identifiable pattern, we might be in business.

But, until we get to that point, I suppose we can speculate to the extent of reasonable imagination.

posted on May, 5 2012 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Personally I'm expecting nothing major to happen until around the 14th to 16th of May, based on planetary alignments, and an earth facing coronal hole all happening around then, followed by a 20th of May solar eclipse that passes over Japan and the Cascadia fault.

Using the same research at the beginning of April I accurately predicted the 9th to 11th of April for an increase in major earthquake activity. On April 13th while everyone else seemed to be predicting further strong activity, I predicted that things would calm down and we shouldn't expect to see anything larger than a 6+

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join